collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What made you smile today?  (Read 246566 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: What made you smile today?
« Reply #1230 on: December 07, 2020, 12:52:04 PM »
That's great news, Nemesis! :)

My smile is from making from scratch broccoli cheese soup without following a recipe, and it turned out delicious!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 07, 2020, 01:33:04 PM »
My aunt and uncle are recovering well from Covid-19, and their lives are almost back to normal. I can’t put in to words how much of a relief this is... :’) I’ve been extremely stressed for the past few weeks worrying about them, but I finally feel like I can relax and enjoy the holidays.
This is the best news during such hard times xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 07, 2020, 01:44:42 PM »
Setting up a brand new amp & my old electric guitar for my kid to learn on!

But... the guitar didn't work...

found a youtube vid on how to use a multimeter to test different sections of cable / guitar to pinpoint where the failure was - and I found it! The wires attached to the power jack had snapped so I stripped & soldered them back on and YAY the guitar works again!

Much fun playing!  :biggrin:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 07, 2020, 09:30:43 PM »
Been having a really rough last few weeks, but today the children I supervise we’re watching a video made by someone named mystery Doug (children send questions on various topics and he answers them) about “what was the first cartoon?”. As a (hopeful) animator to-be, I was happy to fill in the gaps he missed and further their knowledge after the video. And one of the students said “wow miss Dowd! You should be our teacher!” And while I don’t really really want to be a teacher (that’s kinda my backup plan. I love teaching and the idea of being a teacher, but I want to animate more) I think that’s the nicest thing anybody has said to me in the past week or so.
Also found a cheap and simple enough renderfarm that might just save my butt with these deadlines coming up.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 09, 2020, 04:18:23 AM »
I stumbled upon a lovely little almanac in Sainsburys today; books with daily morsels of knowledge are my one true weakness, and this one has musical notation for sea shanties in it! I'm very much looking forward to learning to play those on the tin whistle. Whether anyone else will enjoy hearing them is another matter, of course. :devious:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 13, 2020, 08:10:03 PM »
We got 6.5 inches of snow today!  :happy:

One has to understand, we have had very little snow post early 2011. We did have a little storm last year but we got maybe half of this. This is the first time we've seen more than that since early 2011!

|My Collection|

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1236 on: December 14, 2020, 12:53:57 AM »
My aunt and uncle are recovering well from Covid-19, and their lives are almost back to normal. I can’t put in to words how much of a relief this is... :’) I’ve been extremely stressed for the past few weeks worrying about them, but I finally feel like I can relax and enjoy the holidays.
This is the best news during such hard times xxx

Echo this. So happy for you and for them :)

@Miniature Sheep - that's nostalgic :D I grew up playing/singing certain sea shanties thanks to my family indoctrinating me as a kid to shanties, folk music and other random things not in the charts :) I also have a tin whistle somewhere. Haven't seen it for a while (although Dad always called them flageolets so I grew up calling it that as well. xD). I played mostly on the recorder (sopranino and descant) as a kid, before I started messing with the clarinet and the violin (the latter mostly badly). But singing has always been the most fun and this is definitely the year for a bit of musical cheer!

This is a minor happy thing but...today there is actually sun shining through my window. It's such a rare thing in December and I struggle so much more with motivation when it's dark and dull at this time of the year, so a little sun is welcome.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 16, 2020, 11:27:36 AM »
I haven't bought any toys or figures in forever, because I can't really justify spending money on them anymore. But I had to go to the toy store for a present, and they had a brand new shelf for video game toys, and... wouldn't you know it, I walked out with a little Shadow the Hedgehog and I'm so stupidly happy with it XD I think I might wrap it and give it to myself for Christmas.

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1238 on: December 16, 2020, 01:30:42 PM »
My dog sits next to me while i work. She's been doing that a lot since her brother passed away. I think she knows i need some extra love :lovey:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 16, 2020, 01:54:45 PM »
I found a stream on Twitch where I can watch ducks 24/7. Such carefree creatures.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 17, 2020, 07:01:09 AM »

@Miniature Sheep - that's nostalgic :D I grew up playing/singing certain sea shanties thanks to my family indoctrinating me as a kid to shanties, folk music and other random things not in the charts :) I also have a tin whistle somewhere. Haven't seen it for a while (although Dad always called them flageolets so I grew up calling it that as well. xD). I played mostly on the recorder (sopranino and descant) as a kid, before I started messing with the clarinet and the violin (the latter mostly badly). But singing has always been the most fun and this is definitely the year for a bit of musical cheer!

Much agreed! Unfortunately, my musical offerings at the moment are a bit stilted and awkward, but my efforts on the tin whistle are gradually getting smoother with practice. Hopefully by this time next year, it'll be more flowing and elegant. Flageolet is a good term, it's got a nice aura of élan about it! :D I had a few run-ins with the violin too, and would love to try it again sometime in the future; my main stumbling block was constantly failing to get the bridge to stay on the violin while tuning it, which didn't do me any favours with learning to play it.
As for what made me smile today, that was cheekily shuffling around the decorations on the Christmas tree. It was looking a bit imbalanced, so I swapped a few different baubles around and it looks a lot better now.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1241 on: December 17, 2020, 09:48:17 AM »
The difference for me was that I wanted to play the clarinet, whereas the violin I had the opportunity to and jumped on board without realising how hard it would get later on. When I went to secondary school I had a different teacher and I didn't like him...it rather killed my love for the thing. And I couldn't do vibrato, my hand just couldn't handle it. So I still have it, but I haven't played in a while. That said, though, it wasn't in vain. When I was in Japan, I had the chance to play a shamisen and I impressed the teacher because I could do string fingering pretty quick :D

Happy things today..? A good long lie in and sister is phoning in a while :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 23, 2020, 11:59:21 AM »
Just got done looking over my budget and bank account. I reached my financial goal for 2020! :happy:
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 23, 2020, 12:38:07 PM »
Today is my nieces birthday I can't wait to help her decorate the cake and see her open presents

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1244 on: December 23, 2020, 12:56:33 PM »
My dad made it out of his (second) cancer surgery  :whew:

Instagram | Facebook