collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What made you smile today?  (Read 246663 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What made you smile today?
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »
Just seeing all the flowers starting to come up, I so want some daffodils some year, and some other bulb flowers.

Offline Oniontart

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2018, 12:52:17 PM »
Finishing the last essay for the last course of this spring :cheer:

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2018, 12:56:31 PM »
My boyfriend had visited his mom yesterday and slept over and today he came home with a very early train to catch me before I got to work. He had totally forgot that I started 2 pm today so plenty of time for a later train. But it was so sweet and my heart melted. We have a holliday today and since I was gonna work he also bought me some really nice food to take with me so I could have some sort of nice meal on my break. When I got to work I got two giftcertificates for the mall I work in, since I won two in-store sells competitions this past weekend.. we have a Toys R Us here, and even tho the workers there are huge teasers and refuse to tell me if the rereleases will be sold there I think I'll hold on to the giftcertificates til I know for sure :biggrin:

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2018, 08:59:03 AM »
PONY MAIL!!  I know it's supposed to be an off topic thread, but it legitimately made my day getting three parcels at the same time filled with pony goodness.  YAY PONY MAIL!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2018, 07:52:35 PM »
World of Warcraft: Clearing the Highlord Kruul challenge on my warrior. Hard but fun encounter, a lot going on and can be easy to mess up. Took me around 20 tries to win that fight, was quite satisfied at the end.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline starstrider

• Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2018, 06:40:04 AM »
I had a really drastic hair re-style over the weekend and had it dyed outrageous violet, hot pink, and aqua colours.  As an RN I work with a lot of elderly patients, and they LOVED my new hair.  So many of the elderly women said, "I wish I had beautiful hair like yours," and some of them wanted to stroke it.  Just the brightness of the colours made people smile and helped me strike up conversations with pretty much every person I came into contact with today.  It was so sweet.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2018, 09:38:50 AM »
Christy Moore, he always does. I love his work SO much, his voice and words speak to me in every possible way. :think: Someone in the YouTube comments of one of his songs says:

"Christy Moore could sing the phone book or the cereal box and I'd be buyin it!"

Well, same goes for me!

He knows that they're the fool...

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2018, 03:20:58 PM »
I got to save and pet a few bees from the windows today, they are such sweet little things.

Offline starstrider

• Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2018, 08:36:25 AM »
I'm a nurse working in aged care rehab, and we get a lot of delirious and demented patients who are just so confused you never really know what's going come out of their mouths next.  I had a fun conversation with one of my patients today who is incredibly sweet, and she carries around a stuffed plush panda toy and legitimately cares for it like a real baby.  She swaddles it, rocks it to sleep, and just looks at with with his adoring, loving expression which is just so beautiful.  I was doing her observations and while her blood pressure was being checked I asked her is she was having any pain, to which she announced, "no, I am perfect,"  Her whole family and I just cracked up laughing.  She was just so sweet. 

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2018, 10:48:53 AM »
A young boy with downs syndrome came into my store today and walked up to me and told me I was beautiful :blush:. When I said thanks he said I was really beautiful and he thought I should know that. I told him he was very nice to say it to me and he said he think people should say nice things to each other more often and so make the world a better place. I agreed and we talked some more about kindness and then he just turned and left, without a word of goodbye or anything. Mission accomplished I guess. He totally made my entire weekend :heart:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2018, 09:51:01 AM »
I received an odd parcel in the post today, turns out it was a zine of postcards that I'd contributed to a couple of years back and completely forgotten about. It was nice to see all the variety and the different stories that people had to tell in there.
(My art and surreal humour was incredibly out-of-place but I don't have any interesting life stories to tell!) ;)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2018, 02:42:02 PM »
I debated whether this should go here or in the Trivial Complaints topic, I may have chosen wrong, but you may understand if you read on.

My mom and I decided to go to vintage/antique stores today. We've been doing this fairly regularly for the last few years. In all of that, seeing anything MLP has been incredibly rare. In fact, the very first time I saw actual mainline MLP brushables was maybe a year ago, and it was a collection of G3s and G4s.

Well... Today, I was in for a surprise, as I ran into a booth full of 80s stuff, and there were a couple of shelves with G1 MLPs on them. Although I have a couple of G1's, I'm not generally familiar with how they even look in real life or the different lines. There was quite a variety, and the baby ones were so tiny. The only babies I have experience with are actually G3's, which are...larger? Or was I seeing some special type of babies?

So why would I have to debate putting this into Trivial Complaints instead? I couldn't have them. I'm short on money, and actually spent a large portion of my spending money from graduation ordering an instrument earlier today.... Also, my mom. My parents don't know that I've collected MLPs. They might not care, I don't know... But they would probably think it's a waste of money.

When I saw them in the booth my eyes must have gotten cartoonishly big just because I had never seen them ever in all of my years. I had to recollect myself before my mom asked what I saw. lol.

Soo.... a beautiful collection of G1s lays untouched.

|My Collection|

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 18, 2018, 09:33:42 AM »
I found out my lovey wisteria plant is an every year bloomer.  :lovey: :lovey:

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2018, 08:54:56 AM »
Riding my bike listening to happy music in the sunshine.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2018, 09:00:11 AM »
It's a long weekend, so no work. Plus took vacation this week, so no work all week. And hubby was able to get most of the week off, so it's a whole week of free time together.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal