collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wind (opinions)  (Read 5849 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wind (opinions)
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2017, 04:48:09 PM »
Wow- some strong opinions in here!  :lookround:

So hopefully I can download this game onto WiiU?

I haven't actually checked yet-  have been playing Witcher3 and I had a dream last night that I looked into the downloads section and the Breath of Wind game was there!  I was so happy...

Such a dumb dream, haha  I didn't even get to play it... I guess my brainz couldn't figure out how it would look...

Yes, you can download BoTW digitally - if you have enough space on your system!

I didn't. I had to insert a flash drive. lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 03:33:59 PM »
Hey guys, I haven't played this yet.

I watched a review of it on youtube. The game looks simply breathtaking and the horsetaming thing alone piques my interest. XD

I don't have a Switch and I don't want to buy a WiiU so I will have to wait  until the Switch and game are readily available.

But I have a VERY embarrassing confession to make, you guys. I have NEVER beaten a Zelda game. The ones I have played are the GBC ones (really hard), OoT, and Twilight Princess. Yeah, I am pathetic, I know. I either lose interest or give up. 

I heard this one is pretty hard. I almost want it just to explore the world.

I am the type of person who loves games like Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Animal Crossing, and Style Savvy.    I don't know if I would be wasting my money on this. I mean, in Grand Theft Auto 3 I got hours of entertainment out of beating people up and stealing cars and exploring the city and not even progressing the story. XD  The open world concept of this game attracts me.

I really hate dungeons too. I have a feel that dungeons in this game will be very hard.

Though I will get a Switch eventually. I am sure Nintendo will make an Animal Crossing for it. And, I know XSeed is currently developing a Story of Seasons game for it. That makes it worth a purchase alone, to me. And I am sure along the way there will be more games I want for it.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2017, 08:45:49 PM »

I watched a review of it on youtube. The game looks simply breathtaking and the horsetaming thing alone piques my interest. XD

I don't have a Switch and I don't want to buy a WiiU so I will have to wait  until the Switch and game are readily available.

But I have a VERY embarrassing confession to make, you guys. I have NEVER beaten a Zelda game. The ones I have played are the GBC ones (really hard), OoT, and Twilight Princess. Yeah, I am pathetic, I know. I either lose interest or give up. 

I am the type of person who loves games like Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Animal Crossing, and Style Savvy.    I don't know if I would be wasting my money on this. I mean, in Grand Theft Auto 3 I got hours of entertainment out of beating people up and stealing cars and exploring the city and not even progressing the story. XD  The open world concept of this game attracts me.

I really hate dungeons too. I have a feel that dungeons in this game will be very hard.

Though I will get a Switch eventually. I am sure Nintendo will make an Animal Crossing for it. And, I know XSeed is currently developing a Story of Seasons game for it. That makes it worth a purchase alone, to me. And I am sure along the way there will be more games I want for it.

I'm like you, I get more enjoyment out of games like Animal Crossing.

The thing about BoTW is that it does let you explore. You could explore this game all you want without ever touching any of the dungeons.

The game *is* noticeably hard, though. You will die many, many, many times.  Exploring is very treacherous. But as long as you save a lot (the game has a much better saving system than past Zelda games), you can just laugh about it and move on.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:47:37 PM by Harmonie »

|My Collection|

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2017, 10:45:18 AM »

All of this yes!! Your game taste sounds just like mine! And after watching my boyfriend play this game, it is a serious NO for me haha.
I just beat Twilight Princess with some help (I'm a wimp), but this game looked very hard and also super frustrating.

Also now that the game is finished, I will just say that the general story had no real feelings for me. It feels very shallow :(

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2017, 05:07:58 PM »

All of this yes!! Your game taste sounds just like mine! And after watching my boyfriend play this game, it is a serious NO for me haha.
I just beat Twilight Princess with some help (I'm a wimp), but this game looked very hard and also super frustrating.

Also now that the game is finished, I will just say that the general story had no real feelings for me. It feels very shallow :(

I just want to touch on one point really quickly. Watching your boyfriend play won't really give you a proper feel for the game. My boyfriend and I are both playing Zelda and our play styles are vastly different but we're both enjoying it. He is more battle oriented, and I'm more explore oriented. I've seen him die repeatedly to enemies that I carefully avoid because I don't really feel like taking a risk when I just want to be on my way. The parts of the game I was worried would be too hard for me he reassures me really aren't that bad. My favourite bits are the puzzles that look so complicated, but if you take a moment you can find the simplest solution, makes me feel like a smart cookie. :P

My all time favourite game series is Harvest Moon, and I love playing GTA5 to do random stuff instead of the story (but of everyone I know I'm actually closest to finishing the main game, online multiplayer silliness is where it's at lol). When I was younger I never finished a Zelda game without my older brothers' help, but as an adult I'm determined to finish them on my own. My boyfriend will give me tips but I refuse to hand over control. I've already gotten hours of enjoyment out of the game and haven't done a 'dungeon' yet. My main goal is to see how high up mountains I can encourage my horses and to take selfies with them.

I'm not saying you will enjoy it, just that it's worth giving a proper chance of your own if you have the opportunity. I watch a lot of YouTube Let's Plays, it's fun to watch but nothing compares to the experience of playing.

Sorry I'm being so passionate, I just wish people would give this game a chance instead of basing their opinions on 2nd hand experiences.  :(
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2017, 04:03:45 AM »
I love this game. <3 I'm a huge fan of the older Zelda games as well, but this is the best one. It's such a beautiful and fun game. I just love being able to freely explore Hyrule.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2017, 03:03:20 AM »
It sounds like maybe I should just wait for an Animal Crossing or the Story of Seasons game being released on the Switch before I buy one. But if my brother buys the Switch I can watch him play this game. But all of you enjoy. :)  I'll admit the horse taming simulator is enticing.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 08:15:15 AM »
My friend accidentally ordered BotW for the Wii U when he preordered his Switch, but he kept the game anyway and let me borrow it after he got the Switch version.

I haven't had much time to play, but I got around to starting and getting off of the plateau last night. I like it so far! Still glad that I didn't preorder a Switch just for this game though, since it plays fine on the Wii U (plus all the games I'm really waiting for on the Switch won't be released for a little while). The only downside is not being able to take the game with me, since I do spend a lot of time out of the house these days. :lol:

I have two friends who are HUGE Zelda fans. For the record, I'm not that big a fan. I like the franchise, but haven't played all of the games and I don't really plan to as I don't care that much. My favorite Zelda games are Windwaker and Link Between Worlds. Knowing this, my friends both highly recommended I play this game. One of them said "As a game, I give this an 8 out of 10. As a Zelda game, I give it a 4." I actually liked his honesty about it not feeling like Zelda, but still being fun.

So yeah, I have high hopes. Now that I'm off of Tutorial Island (as my friend called it) I can form a better opinion once I start to progress.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 01:09:57 PM »
Finally started playing this game- I really like it so far! It IS hard though- I've already died so many times...

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 02:31:50 PM »
Details of the Breath of the Wild DLC have come out, and I just have to say I'm not feeling like this is a must-have addition. Some nice little things here and there, but really... Nothing that makes it feel like the BoTW we got in March was incomplete. =)

Really... They could do so much better with costumes than that. IMO. But I suppose a lot of the best costumes are locked behind Amiibo paywalls. =/

|My Collection|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2017, 12:27:10 PM »
So if you play enough- the game is no longer hard. I guess once you get far enough along.  I haven't been able to play it regularly which is probably good as it draws it out more...  my favorite steed is the GIANT horse that I'm calling Onyx-  I love mowing over monsters and animals with him, he can run over anything!

I hate Zelda's voice though... WAY too old for her.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 10:21:07 AM »
My daughter got it with her gift card two days ago. She's enjoying herself. Horrifying important people by running around in Link's skivvies, hunting and catching horsies.

I think it's so-so, I got off that boring plateau yesterday, grabbed two horses and have been exploring the areas between Kakariko and Hateno.

I don't like the stamina meter as I predicted I wouldn't. Stupid, stupid Aunoma. The weapons durability suuuucks soooo baaad, I hope this will never be implemented again. The music is almost non-existent and the shrines can't even be called mini dungeons.

The only things I like so far is getting horses and how the world around me feels truly alive.

This could have been a true successor to the NES Zeldas if they had given it proper dungeons and not made so many stupid decisions by bringing back a rightfully maligned mechanic from a hated game and not have everything break.

It'll never be my favorite Zelda, but I'll play it now and then.

Certainly wasn't worth 60 bucks and  I refuse to let her make it an $80 game just because nintendo decided to start selling it in pieces like other companies.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 10:34:42 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2017, 04:17:04 PM »
I don't like the stamina meter as I predicted I wouldn't. Stupid, stupid Aunoma. The weapons durability suuuucks soooo baaad, I hope this will never be implemented again.

It's funny because even though the weapon durability is the kind of feature I'd usually despise, I wasn't really bothered by it until later in the game, when you start having to face enemies that can break your shield in one hit.

The music is almost non-existent

I agree that the OST could have been more full. I was always disappointed with this. However, there are a number of songs in the game that I love. All in all, I feel like they took the same path as Skyward Sword of ambience over memorable tunes with some exceptions. I disliked it in SS just as much as I do here.

Certainly wasn't worth 60 bucks and  I refuse to let her make it an $80 game just because nintendo decided to start selling it in pieces like other companies.

Now, now. You are free to have your opinion over the game, but as far as DLC goes, I'd say this is a far cry from selling a game in pieces. Base game Breath of the Wild is a complete game, through and through. BoTW's DLC is the definition of extra content added onto a complete game after release. It's so much in the extra content category that I haven't even thought of buying it. It isn't necessary. I'm sure it adds stuff that is neat for some people, but it is not in any way selling the game in pieces.

|My Collection|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2017, 09:21:09 AM »
Reporting back in-  I don't have a ton of time to play, but play I have- I finally got the add-on pack thingie- and really like it. There are new quests, and the "hero mode" (that shows you everywhere you've been in the last 200 hours) is REALLY helpful -  I've been going to the places in the world that I missed and finding all sorts of things...

I've been trying to do ALL of the side quests before freeing the last divine beast, so that I can make the game last as long as possible...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal