collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minnesota May Meet! May 27th Down South on the Farm  (Read 6662 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Minnesota May Meet! May 27th Down South on the Farm
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2017, 04:18:37 PM »
Afraid I have some bad news looks like I have a trip planned for the weekend of the meet :( I don't think Patchwork and I will be able to make it.

Was some miss communication and I thought it was the weekend after, sucks I was looking forward to seeing your place Aurora and collection. Not sure what to do about the poster I was working on either..
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:21:29 PM by Aquatic Neon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Blackfrost

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2017, 01:50:50 PM »
Hey anyone coming to the meet that might have a Night Glider forsale that doesn't have yellowed or cancer spots?  I had just bought one off ebay swearing up and down 'She is in excellent to perfect condition.  She has no marks.  '   I won at a huge cost.. just to have it arrive and there over 5 yellowed marks on her O.o'  Kazzy and I are not sure if it could be cancer... or what but for the price I paid I'm not happy at all. 

Sorry don't want to sound like a pain just trying to replace one of my fave ponies..
Weeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2017, 09:56:53 AM »
I may not be able to unleash my new project at the Meet after all. None of the molds I made Sunday turned out - they all had air bubbles, and lots of them. :yikes: I still have a few weeks to try again, though, so there's hope.

Meanwhile, I need to make some risers for my table. It might be better than what I had last time. And back up the pictures on my phone so I can take them off my phone and take photos at the Meet for once! :lol:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2017, 11:53:57 AM »
So Aurora...we are getting a new puppy the weekend before the meet!  Would it be ok with you to bring him?  If not, my hubby will stay home with him.  I wanted to check with you first before making plans!  We'd keep him leashed, of course and outside.  No chewing on ponies (or anything) either, lol!

Oooh! What kind of puppy? I love puppies! Your puppy and your husband are both welcome, we do have an adult bulldog who will want to play- he's a jumper, but he's the nicest dog. And there are chickens- I'm planning to keep them locked up, which is less picturesque, but safer for the chickens. As long as neither of those frighten you, I'm not worried! There's lots of yard, and we do have a kennel (it's a mess, but it's reasonably secure) and baby gates for locking dogs and kids away from each other.

Post Merge: May 17, 2017, 11:57:51 AM

Afraid I have some bad news looks like I have a trip planned for the weekend of the meet :( I don't think Patchwork and I will be able to make it.

Was some miss communication and I thought it was the weekend after, sucks I was looking forward to seeing your place Aurora and collection. Not sure what to do about the poster I was working on either..
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  That sucks, Neon, but I understand.
I'm already planning another meet, so you'll see our little corner of the world sooner or later.  As far as the poster goes, if you want to finish it (or just leave it at the state it's in) I'll still buy a copy the next time I see you, and I imagine other people will, too. If nothing else, I want to see what you did with Glory and Firefly- I love art with those two!
On a slightly happier note, I don't just have to hand my purse to you and buy all your stuff like I usually do! But now you have time to save up and get more stuff... NOOOOOOOO!  (I have a dinosaur for you- I'll just tell him he has to wait. He'll roar at me.)

Post Merge: May 17, 2017, 11:58:27 AM

I may not be able to unleash my new project at the Meet after all. None of the molds I made Sunday turned out - they all had air bubbles, and lots of them. :yikes: I still have a few weeks to try again, though, so there's hope.

Meanwhile, I need to make some risers for my table. It might be better than what I had last time. And back up the pictures on my phone so I can take them off my phone and take photos at the Meet for once! :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOO!   Is it plaster of paris? Those little bubbles are rotten. Grrrrr. 

Post Merge: May 17, 2017, 11:58:53 AM

Hey anyone coming to the meet that might have a Night Glider forsale that doesn't have yellowed or cancer spots?  I had just bought one off ebay swearing up and down 'She is in excellent to perfect condition.  She has no marks.  '   I won at a huge cost.. just to have it arrive and there over 5 yellowed marks on her O.o'  Kazzy and I are not sure if it could be cancer... or what but for the price I paid I'm not happy at all. 

Sorry don't want to sound like a pain just trying to replace one of my fave ponies..

I don't have one, I'm sorry your purchase went badly! I'll keep an eye out.

AAAANNNNDDDDD-----

I sent out the direction to my house. After sending them, I re-read them and I sound a little grim. Don't worry- it's not a bad drive. There might be tractors, just let them win.
I'm planning to have bottled water to drink and a small assortment of soda- probably off-brand Mountain Dew- to keep my helpers happy. I also plan to make a pumper pot of coffee and we have lots of tea. If you want anything else to drink, you'll want to bring it along.
And in case you don't read the first post again, I've hired a DJ! He's a family friend who is just starting out, so we'll see how it goes!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:35:59 PM by Aurora »
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2017, 08:35:01 PM »
I can't wait!!!!!!

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2017, 11:50:16 AM »
Wow, no Neon? :blink: Another first! You and Patchwork have a safe trip! I'll have to buy posters from you the meet after this one, then.

Which reminds me - have you ever thought of having one of your posters made into a sheetcake for the meet it's for? I know they can print images on cakes, after all, and your posters are about the right size. :D

Five days to go! I have to remember to buy cream cheese so I can make the cheesecake on Friday! :)

No, Aurora, I was using Smooth-on's Oomoo 30. I either didn't have the right temperature outside by the time I poured, or didn't mix it correctly. The pink part was a bit stiff, so I'm not sure if it was too close to expiration, maybe? Anyway, I bought some more and will try again tomorrow; the weather is supposed to be in the 70's again. :awake:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2017, 11:08:25 AM »
I've never used oomoo- it sounds gooey!

I've had a couple questions, so I'll answer them here- we are not having the dice game, but you should feel free to bring prizes, wrapped or unwrapped. Mine are unwrapped. There are 16 eggs with "you win a prize!" messages in them, plus a couple of games. We can just draw names for extra prizes, or save them for the next meet.

Also, we've gotten a lot of rain. The road to my house is gravel, which means right now it's mud. If it doesn't downpour between now and the meet, there is no problem. But if you are trying to decide whether to drive your sports car or your SUV, I'd say to spend the extra money on gas!

Less than a week! Woohoo!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2017, 04:53:50 AM »
I am trying to convince my fiancé that this is doable. I want a break away from our parents and wedding stuff! Staycation sounds ok but I'd rather be ponying.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2017, 10:50:35 AM »
:lol: Yeah, Blackfrost warned me about the road. I''ll be using mom's minivan, and bought a bag of river rock to use as pothole filler, just in case we need it! ;) Plan to also bring the shovel we use for if Boris gets stuck in snow, also as a just-in-case.

My molds turned out this second time! I still need to make the other half of the one, though, so might be bringing mom's space heater downstairs for a bit - it's been trying to rain.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2017, 08:01:50 AM »
:lol: Yeah, Blackfrost warned me about the road. I''ll be using mom's minivan, and bought a bag of river rock to use as pothole filler, just in case we need it! ;) Plan to also bring the shovel we use for if Boris gets stuck in snow, also as a just-in-case.

My molds turned out this second time! I still need to make the other half of the one, though, so might be bringing mom's space heater downstairs for a bit - it's been trying to rain.

Blackfrost came through on the worst possible day. It was graded since then, and though it's not pretty, it's easier. The rain makes the divots in my driveway look worse, though, so I'm hoping for a few dry days! And I'm glad the project worked- you should at least bring the half that you have! I'm terribly curious now!

Post Merge: May 24, 2017, 08:05:06 AM

I am trying to convince my fiancé that this is doable. I want a break away from our parents and wedding stuff! Staycation sounds ok but I'd rather be ponying.

You can look through our wedding album, and then you can "write it off" as a research project! You should definitely come, though there may not be as many baby animals as promised. There will still be chickens, though, and they love being chased and caught and snuggled! Maybe not the roosters or the turkey- they have pokey bits and big scary wings. Stick to the hens. They love a good snuggle!

Oh, and ponies! Lots of ponies!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:05:06 AM by Aurora »

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2017, 08:21:44 AM »
Hello again! Any idea as to what the weather's going to be like? I'm still undecided as to what my wardrobe is going to look like.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2017, 10:59:36 AM »
Hello again! Any idea as to what the weather's going to be like? I'm still undecided as to what my wardrobe is going to look like.

Looks like 70 degrees and partly cloudy. I can deal with that! I can deal with light showers, too, but it's more fun to hunt eggs when it's dry. I've got space inside for everyone's tables, though it might be a little crowded if everyone brings lots of stuff- we'll make it work!

Got the paint for the signs today- look for purple/lavender. It was in the free paint pile at the recycle center!

One more thing- I've mentioned that I live in the land of no internet, and I do most of my ponying at work. This is my last real day at work this week, so if you've got something really important, you may want to text me- phone number is in the message I sent out. Otherwise, I'll try to peek on Friday night--- I think I'm just trying to say that you may be on your own a little here. Get to meet, I'll feed you and warm you with pony blankets!

SEE YOU SATURDAY!!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:15:20 PM by Aurora »

Offline Blackfrost

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2017, 12:25:49 PM »
Lols honestly I wanted to see if I could find your house without the signs!  We did fine :)  Aww  so the road been fixed dang it!   I enjoyed the mudbogging!   Can't wait til tomorrow this is going to be a blast! 

PS. try typing while a cat blocking your view of the computer screen o.o'  its HARD...
Weeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2017, 12:54:44 PM »
Nessa, are you coming?  it would be great to see you!

Post Merge: May 26, 2017, 12:55:35 PM

Blackfrost, was it easy from the directions from New Richland?  I am kind of nervous not relying on my phone GPS!!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2017, 01:03:23 PM »

You can look through our wedding album, and then you can "write it off" as a research project! You should definitely come, though there may not be as many baby animals as promised. There will still be chickens, though, and they love being chased and caught and snuggled! Maybe not the roosters or the turkey- they have pokey bits and big scary wings. Stick to the hens. They love a good snuggle!

Oh, and ponies! Lots of ponies!
[/quote]

Nessa, are you coming?  it would be great to see you!

Oh I wish I was :( we decided that it probably wasn't a good idea to go anywhere with just 2 weeks before our wedding. I hope I can make the next one, I miss you guys!

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal