collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sunfading Quackers?  (Read 734 times)

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Sunfading Quackers?
« on: February 27, 2017, 05:10:44 AM »
I just bought a Quackers and was pretty disapointed when I got her. She has a really bad head/body mismatch, much worse than what the pictures showed and the seller said she only had a "slight" mismatch. :( Is there any way to fix this? Is Quackers one of the white ponies that shuld not be sunfaded? I kinda wish her body was yellowed as well, because then it wouldn't look as ugly as it does now.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunfading Quackers?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 05:42:41 AM »
Depends on the type of discoloration. If she has any cancer/brownish spots I would say no. Honestly, if the discoloration is any way a twinge brownish then I would say no. If you do put her in a window watch her closely. I avoid H202 on TE's...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:28:02 AM »
I had a Quackers who started off fine but then developed ugly brown spots that spread . . . I don't think it was normal "pony cancer", I think it was some kind of regrind.  I'd be nervous about sunfading her in case heat somehow kicked off or sped up any regrind issues she might be harboring in secret.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 09:34:40 AM »
Quackers is a bad one for brown cancer spots and I think she will burn in the sun. if you do try to sun fade her I agree with the earlier comments to watch her carefully.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 09:34:55 AM »
I've hear Quackers is a no-go for sunfading (she will go brown).  Hang on a tick I will go find the list...

Here you go... http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,336125.0.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:38:44 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 12:30:35 PM »
I'm glad this topic popped up. I just cleaned one yesterday with the same problem.  So trying to sunfade this pony is like toasting a marshmallow, huh?

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 01:35:39 PM »
I'm sorry you're not too happy with your pony by the way. I think we will see more and more like that unfortunately.  The only thing to do is to keep an eye on storage conditions for those ponies not yet affected.  I realise that doesn't help you much. I bought and sold on 8 Majestys before I got one with a head that nearly matches.

I was thinking full body re-paint, but then it needs to be airbrushed and how do you avoid the hair?
 I'm not sure there's anything I can suggest.  Maybe knit her a scarf so the line isn't so obvious  :(
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 07:04:17 PM »
Yeah, like the others have said, it seems like she'd burn in the sun. :( Is it too late to return the pony to the seller since she's not as described? If you want to keep her, you could try an indoor hydrogen peroxide soak, but it will probably take the shine off her twinkle eyes and I'm not sure if it would help her or not. It slightly improved a brown-headed Starshine I had and a tan Cherry Treats, but I don't think I've tried a hard-bodied white pony in hydrogen peroxide.

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »
Thanks everyone for answering my question. Makes me sad that there's probably no way to fix her. :(

Is it too late to return the pony to the seller since she's not as described? If you want to keep her, you could try an indoor hydrogen peroxide soak, but it will probably take the shine off her twinkle eyes and I'm not sure if it would help her or not. It slightly improved a brown-headed Starshine I had and a tan Cherry Treats, but I don't think I've tried a hard-bodied white pony in hydrogen peroxide.
Can't return her, because the seller made clear in the auction that she didn't accept returns. :/ Might try hydrogen peroxide. If it doesn't help I'll just try to find another one. It's so hard to find one in good condition though. :(
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 04:42:29 PM »
Thanks everyone for answering my question. Makes me sad that there's probably no way to fix her. :(

Is it too late to return the pony to the seller since she's not as described? If you want to keep her, you could try an indoor hydrogen peroxide soak, but it will probably take the shine off her twinkle eyes and I'm not sure if it would help her or not. It slightly improved a brown-headed Starshine I had and a tan Cherry Treats, but I don't think I've tried a hard-bodied white pony in hydrogen peroxide.
Can't return her, because the seller made clear in the auction that she didn't accept returns. :/ Might try hydrogen peroxide. If it doesn't help I'll just try to find another one. It's so hard to find one in good condition though. :(

If it was on Ebay, the seller is forced through Ebay to accept returns.  Contact Ebay... they may be able to help you if you haven't altered the original condition of the pony you received!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal