collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2017 Fair Countdown  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
Re: 2017 Fair Countdown
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 05:16:23 PM »
I'm confused- so the PonyFair will be absorbed INTO Hascon this year completely ??

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2017, 05:59:57 PM »
I'm confused- so the PonyFair will be absorbed INTO Hascon this year completely ??

Well, depends what you mean by absorbed I guess?  In name, yes, I think it's all considered HasCon.  But I would say it's more associated with HasCon, than totally absorbed. From what Summer has said, it sounds like we'll get a separate vendor room, discount pricing, activities and panels and possibly the hall of fame dinner like before, and Summer & Team is in charge of organizing those things.   But, Hasbro is in charge of ticket sales and maybe sales of the booths as well? They do get the final say on things and when those things are revealed, hence the delay.  That's similar to how it's worked in the past anyway, other than the ticketing part.  They're just REALLY behind on confirming things with Summer.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2017, 06:00:43 PM »
Maybe this will help with some confusion, it made me more confused though. This notice was on the MLP Fair site

"The My Little Pony Fair will not be taking place this year. However, I am extremely excited to announce that I will be collaborating with Hasbro on HASCON, the company’s  first-ever fan and family convention in September 2017. The massive event, which will be held in Providence at the Rhode Island Convention Center and Dunkin Donuts Center from September 8-10, 2017, will treat attendees to three unforgettable days featuring a celebration of Hasbro’s powerful characters and stories, including live interactive experiences, exclusive products, talent appearances, panels and much more.

Tickets for the event will start to go on sale shortly. Please see below for additional details and hope to see you at HASCON!"

And Summer's responses when asked about it and ticket prices.

"Hasbro had me put that on the Fair  website so people would stop getting confused. The Fair is combining with HasCon in 2017 under the HasCon name, in our own area, with very similar programming that we've always had. We will have our own panels, vendor/collector room, hall of fame dinner etc. Basically everything we've had at the Fair plus you can go do the other stuff too if you want.

It is the same event except Hasbro is dealing with ticket sales and there will be lots more exclusive merchandise.

Plus, there will be other areas for other fandoms as well. I'm curious why people are freaking out about this. We are going to have the same amount of G1 programming and sales area as always (and we are working on a special vendor price for this area) Yes, hotels are expensive... they were also super expensive both times we had the Fair in RI as well. Ticket prices are also more. I announced that we are working on some sort of a past Fair attendee discount. I don't know how much more transparent I can be with this. I cannot make every tiny decision and announcement because I have to have everything approved by their PR department. I've asked for patience, but it is quite clear that it is the nature of the beast that people will flip out every year no matter how well the event is organized."

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2017, 06:03:36 PM »
Maybe this will help with some confusion, it made me more confused though. This notice was on the MLP Fair site

"The My Little Pony Fair will not be taking place this year. However, I am extremely excited to announce that I will be collaborating with Hasbro on HASCON, the company’s  first-ever fan and family convention in September 2017. The massive event, which will be held in Providence at the Rhode Island Convention Center and Dunkin Donuts Center from September 8-10, 2017, will treat attendees to three unforgettable days featuring a celebration of Hasbro’s powerful characters and stories, including live interactive experiences, exclusive products, talent appearances, panels and much more.

Tickets for the event will start to go on sale shortly. Please see below for additional details and hope to see you at HASCON!"

"Hasbro had me put that on the Fair  website so people would stop getting confused. The Fair is combining with HasCon in 2017 under the HasCon name, in our own area, with very similar programming that we've always had. We will have our own panels, vendor/collector room, hall of fame dinner etc. Basically everything we've had at the Fair plus you can go do the other stuff too if you want.

It is the same event except Hasbro is dealing with ticket sales and there will be lots more exclusive merchandise.

Plus, there will be other areas for other fandoms as well. I'm curious why people are freaking out about this. We are going to have the same amount of G1 programming and sales area as always (and we are working on a special vendor price for this area) Yes, hotels are expensive... they were also super expensive both times we had the Fair in RI as well. Ticket prices are also more. I announced that we are working on some sort of a past Fair attendee discount. I don't know how much more transparent I can be with this. I cannot make every tiny decision and announcement because I have to have everything approved by their PR department. I've asked for patience, but it is quite clear that it is the nature of the beast that people will flip out every year no matter how well the event is organized."

Makes sense-

Poor Summer, sounds like she has her hands full. I hope people aren't "flipping out" on her too much- and that she can ignore the few who are. The amount of work she puts in every year is pretty amazing...

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what people do/see/get at the Hascon thing...

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2017, 07:46:31 PM »

Makes sense-

Poor Summer, sounds like she has her hands full. I hope people aren't "flipping out" on her too much- and that she can ignore the few who are. The amount of work she puts in every year is pretty amazing...

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what people do/see/get at the Hascon thing...

Agreed. I hope she is doing well.

I'm glad this was posted here. I haven't thought to check the Fair site since the announcement.

I'm really excited for all the details to be revealed. Hopefully it's soon so I can get my butt moving to clean stuff to sell XD
~Foxtale~

Offline MustBeJewel

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • www.MustBeJewel.com
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2017, 11:04:02 PM »
I can't wait :) This is probably my only trip and only "vacation" I'll be taking this year, and it'll just be so nice to take off on that plane and abandon "real life" for a few days, hang out with my pony pals, and see what the Fair has to offer this year <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Art :: Wish List  :: Jewel's MLP Store :: Pony Auctions :: Collection [Facebook] :: Refs

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+70)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2017, 11:40:31 AM »
83 days left!

Elf

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2017, 10:18:10 PM »
71 days ...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+148)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2017, 12:45:40 AM »
Getting so close....need to know prices... hopefully it's soon!

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+148)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2017, 07:18:35 AM »
Is anyone even going anymore??

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
yeah looks like im out now... i dont see there being any g 1's to buy..   the thing is if there is a pony or equestria girl exclusive i would still very much like to buy it.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+588)
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »
edit - nope
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:05:43 AM by Roogna »

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »
the thing is if there is a pony or equestria girl exclusive i would still very much like to buy it.

Yeah this is the only thing that has me still slightly interested. That and I'm hoping there will be a Littlest Pet Shop or maybe even a Jem exclusive tho it would probably be outside my price range as usual. Maybe I'll go if I can get some deeply discounted tickets somehow.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also looking for EG Roller Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare,
brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

My Trades. Av by Moonflower.