collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your Moondreamers!  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your Moondreamers!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 09:28:36 AM »
There were no licencedfashion packs for the Moondreamers dolls-

There were fakie fashion packs created by another company obviously created for and made to fit the Moondreamers dolls.  The picture above shows some original fashions from the dolls, and some fashions from that knock off company.  The company that did the knock off stuff also made fashions for popular dolls like Rainbow Brite and Lady Lovelylocks.

The knock off stuff is harder to find than real Moondreamers stuff I've found.

Oh, that's interesting! I didn't know they were knock offs. I always thought they were Moon Dreamers outfits growing up and I've had a lot of trouble finding any info on them. Is there anywhere that has info on these knock offs? I had a knock off that looked like Blinky and Ursa MIB but I can't find them in my boxes so I'm worried they got lost in the move and I can't find any info on them.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:30:43 AM by Shy Violet »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2017, 04:55:26 PM »

There were fakie fashion packs created by another company obviously created for and made to fit the Moondreamers dolls.  The picture above shows some original fashions from the dolls, and some fashions from that knock off company.  The company that did the knock off stuff also made fashions for popular dolls like Rainbow Brite and Lady Lovelylocks.

Oh, that's interesting! I didn't know they were knock offs. I always thought they were Moon Dreamers outfits growing up and I've had a lot of trouble finding any info on them. Is there anywhere that has info on these knock offs? I had a knock off that looked like Blinky and Ursa MIB but I can't find them in my boxes so I'm worried they got lost in the move and I can't find any info on them.

I used to have some pictures of the knock off fashions- but no idea where those would be now, sorry :P

But yeah, just because they are knock offs or not official/licensed doesn't mean they aren't special- they are super hard to find!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2017, 10:49:23 PM »

I used to have some pictures of the knock off fashions- but no idea where those would be now, sorry :P

But yeah, just because they are knock offs or not official/licensed doesn't mean they aren't special- they are super hard to find!

I tracked down the fashions, they are in the '87 Sears Catalogue. I think they are unrelated to the knock off doll that I had though. Wish there was some info on the doll but I can't find anything on that. I'm really hoping I didn't get rid of it, I can't seem to find it in my boxes. :( I do remember I was upset when I realized it wasn't the real Blinky and Ursa.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2017, 12:55:04 PM »
Wow! I'd love to see pictures of the fakie Moondreamers at some point.

It hardly surprises me to hear there are fakies, since there are fakies of almost all the popular 80s toys.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2017, 05:02:28 AM »

There is ONE variant doll known- it is Blinky (who usually has pink pigtails) who comes with BLUE curly hair like Whimzee instead.  I THINK I discovered the first one (back when ebay was new) on the UK ebay.  Since then, she has popped up several more times, which makes me think that some country somewhere must have released a batch of them this way.  Pretty clearly a factory mistake- (or possibly they were made at the end of the series when Hasbro ran out of pink hair and just used blue to use up the leftovers- they did something like that with various Jem dolls so why not MOondreamers?)

There are some pictures of her on the now defunct moondust4moondreamers- site- (not my site but I donated the pictures SO long ago).  It was so long ago that I actually got those pictures with a SCANNER (yes that is how we did it back then kids, lol)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I actually had the variant one from new (my only Moondreamer doll, lol). I can't remember the packaging, but she was definitely sold as Blinky, as that confused me no end in the comics. I do still have her and most of the bits she came with if not all.

Found this old pic of comparing her with a variant princess (hair colour is slightly different, but consistency was the same)
http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=352840&g2_serialNumber=1

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2017, 12:49:12 PM »

There is ONE variant doll known- it is Blinky (who usually has pink pigtails) who comes with BLUE curly hair like Whimzee instead.  I THINK I discovered the first one (back when ebay was new) on the UK ebay.  Since then, she has popped up several more times, which makes me think that some country somewhere must have released a batch of them this way.  Pretty clearly a factory mistake- (or possibly they were made at the end of the series when Hasbro ran out of pink hair and just used blue to use up the leftovers- they did something like that with various Jem dolls so why not MOondreamers?)

There are some pictures of her on the now defunct moondust4moondreamers- site- (not my site but I donated the pictures SO long ago).  It was so long ago that I actually got those pictures with a SCANNER (yes that is how we did it back then kids, lol)

I actually had the variant one from new (my only Moondreamer doll, lol). I can't remember the packaging, but she was definitely sold as Blinky, as that confused me no end in the comics. I do still have her and most of the bits she came with if not all.

Found this old pic of comparing her with a variant princess (hair colour is slightly different, but consistency was the same)
http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=352840&g2_serialNumber=1

Interesting- yes that is definitely her. I had assumed she was sold as Blinky but nobody could ever confirm. I assume an entire batch probably got out of the factory and wasn't caught by QC-  or possibly they ran out of pink glow in the dark hair near the end of the production so were forced to finish the line with blue hair.  It's interesting though that most of the blue haired Blinkys are found in the UK

Offline Vera

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • My MLP Art
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2017, 06:22:20 AM »
I adore Moondreamers! Grew up watching the cartoon and wishing I could be a space princess with glowing hair XD I so want to start a collection, but I'm so picky about the condition of dolls & their clothing. :c

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal