collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Games that haven't aged well.  (Read 2526 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Games that haven't aged well.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 03:17:37 PM »
Catz/dogz for the PC.
I think I had 4... Or 5... Or both?

I had 3,4, and 5. I had my own website too that got a few hits (Fascination). I had a BLAST in those days. I enjoyed making litters and posting them. My Aussie litters were very popular. I wasn't good with hexing but I hexed that hexed breed to have colored spots and they were super popular.

I wish it would come back. I still think it would be fun to show them and breed them. Also, I wish the poodles would have been more popular and you could clip the puppies

Oh, those pets days, they were so fun. That's how I met an online friend who became really clingy and I had to get rid of her. We were online friends for years and it became toxic. When I wanted to sign off she'd guilt trip me. Yeah, it was bad. She had a website too.

Oh, this is going majorly off topic. :P
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 05:31:13 PM »
Awww, I actually like my old Pokémon games much better than the new ones.  :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 01:36:43 PM »
Phantasmagoria

It's one of the best horror adventure games ever, but if you didn't play it in the 90s you just can't experience it like it was meant to be played. A lot of the creepy stuff back then was subtle - you weren't sure if you really saw something move or not. But with modern graphics and resolutions all of that is lost, the pixels jump out at you and it feels cheap.

It's a shame, because playing it back in the day was one of the best horror gaming experiences I ever had.

Agree with everything!  Actually, any of the first "real person in a CG environment" games don't look or feel as good as they did back then.  7th Guest comes to mind too, and I ADORE that game. 

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 04:53:19 AM »
Some of the early 3D shooters, like Tomb Raider, Silent Hill and Resident Evil. Also Atari 2600 and similar games. I think they're terrible and ugly.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 05:12:09 PM »
Catz/dogz for the PC.
I think I had 4... Or 5... Or both?

I had 3,4, and 5. I had my own website too that got a few hits (Fascination). I had a BLAST in those days. I enjoyed making litters and posting them. My Aussie litters were very popular. I wasn't good with hexing but I hexed that hexed breed to have colored spots and they were super popular.

I wish it would come back. I still think it would be fun to show them and breed them. Also, I wish the poodles would have been more popular and you could clip the puppies

Oh, those pets days, they were so fun. That's how I met an online friend who became really clingy and I had to get rid of her. We were online friends for years and it became toxic. When I wanted to sign off she'd guilt trip me. Yeah, it was bad. She had a website too.

Oh, this is going majorly off topic. :P
I had ALL of the versions! I started with the first game and played them all until Petz 3 and 4 started getting really popular online. I was TERRIBLE at Hex editing, so I just adopted petz from other people. I had my own website, too, but it was mostly for entering "shows". Man, those were the days! I had so many petz, and I had to play with them all constantly so they wouldn't run away. It was my whole entire life. I don't think any of our sites still exist on the internet, since that was... like 17 years ago?! I used to get up at 5 a.m. so I could browse people's petz websites before my family got up and wanted to use the internet (since we were on dial-up and only one person could use a computer or phone at a time!).

When I go back and try to play one of those games these days, it seems so very pointless. They definitely haven't aged well at all!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal