Pony Talk > Toy Box & Games Cupboard

Games that haven't aged well.

(1/4) > >>

CastletonSnob:
What are some games that were good for their time, or you loved as a kid, that haven't aged well?

Miniature Sheep:
Alien Trilogy, definitely. I was super into the films as a kid and that game scared the living daylights out of me but nowadays it looks incredibly silly, especially when you compare it to Alien Isolation. The xenomorphs are really pixellated and some of them look more like they're doing disco moves than attacking; the music is still pretty good though, in a very 90s kind of a way. :P

kestral_kitsune:
Classic EverQuest XD I made the decision to try it out again cause it was what introduced me to my love of mmos... and oh man the graphics, the controls and everything need a major overhaul which they possibly did with EverQuest2 but I haven't checked that out yet. and people complained that WoW's graphics were bad, they at least are going through the trouble of updating their models XD

BlackCurtains:
Phantasmagoria

It's one of the best horror adventure games ever, but if you didn't play it in the 90s you just can't experience it like it was meant to be played. A lot of the creepy stuff back then was subtle - you weren't sure if you really saw something move or not. But with modern graphics and resolutions all of that is lost, the pixels jump out at you and it feels cheap.

It's a shame, because playing it back in the day was one of the best horror gaming experiences I ever had.

Harmonie:
The first two generations of Pokemon. Just try dealing with the PC box system on those games and you'll quickly understand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version