collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Seventh Annual Southeast Pony Meet! (Lawrenceville, GA)  (Read 4434 times)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
The Seventh Annual Southeast Pony Meet! (Lawrenceville, GA)
« on: February 19, 2017, 06:21:20 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello all my lovely fellow pony enthusiasts! I am proud to announce the SEVENTH year of the Southeast Pony Meet! I can't believe it's already been so long since I started this meet in 2011. Last year was a bit different, but we are returning to the normal clubhouse this year- it was by far the biggest the meet has ever been last year with almost 40 people! I hope to see new people as well as good friends! This meet is for all pony lovers and collectors alike :heart: There is no discrimination of generations.

DATE
June 24th at 10 AM
Doors open to those with tables at 9 AM

WHERE
The meet will be located in the same clubhouse it has taken place in every year, with the exception of last year!

Flowers Crossing at the Mill Clubhouse
1210 Providence Drive
Lawrenceville, GA 30044

The clubhouse is located near lots of shopping and eating! Including a strip mall and tons of central shopping hubs, primarily off of Scenic Highway.

Extra, Extra!
If anyone has any floor fans they could bring along, that would be majorly helpful! The reason I try to avoid summer months for the meet is because it can get pretty warm in the clubhouse. I think some additional fans scattered around could help a lot with this!

HOW IT WORKS
While this meet began with me paying for the clubhouse out of pocket, I decided to host raffles instead to raise money. This means there is no entry or table fee! All I ask is that if you can spare anything, to donate some kind of prize for the raffles to help raise money for next year :heart:

I am taking RSVP's now and please, I BEG, if you RSVP please be certain that you can go, especially if you reserve any tables! I have had people RSVP in the past, and then don't show up without a word or let me know the day of that they cannot come. I understand things happen, but if it can be avoided please let me know in advance! :)  Walk ins are more than welcome as well, but I cannot guarantee we will be able to get food for you. However, there are plenty of fast food places and other restaurants around if we can't!

SCHEDULE

8am-9am: Set up
9am: Suggested time you arrive if you have a table to set up
10am: Doors open!
10:45am-12pm: Meet and Greet- Introduction Circle, Group Picture!
12:30am-Close: Selling/Buying/Trading!
1pm: Lunch: Pizza!
3:30pm-5pm: Games and Mascot Contest Voting
5:30pm: Raffle Ticket Purchasing and Draws
6:30pm: Start packing up and last call on sales/trading
7pm: Clean up

HOW TO RSVP- DEADLINE JUNE, 17TH

Spoiler
Email me at [email protected] with "RSVP" somewhere in the title with the following questions answered.

Name:
Arena Name(optional):
Number of Tables:
Number of people coming with you:
What will you be bringing?
Are you bringing any raffle prizes? If so, what?
Will you be eating with us(please bring $5 for food if so)?

Table Count
Claimed: ALL
Remaining: NONE
Total Head Count: 28
Eating: 21

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-kakNwpraTZaEgH2JjbumnsbQc165t4Nd9_zo7u7AqE/edit?usp=sharing

ACTIVITIES
Activities will be decided as time goes on! We had some amazing games last year with much thanks to UroCyonFox and Eternia! Please throw suggestions out for anything you might think would be fun or if you want to provide any kind of activity.

Potential Activities
-Panels-
Something we still have yet to do! Please let me know if you have any suggestions or would like to host one!

Confirmed Activities
 -Trading/Selling/Buying of ponies-
Feel free to also bring other fun items as well ^^ Just make sure it is primarily pony :heart:
-Pony Trivia-
UroCyonFox has offered to host trivia again this year!
-Contest for the Official SEPM Mascot-
We will be having contest this year for the Southeast Pony Meet Mascot! I think it would be amazing for the meet to have one, and what better way to have one made than by all you! Many thanks to ringwraith10, we have lots of great coloring sheets to use! We will then hold a vote and the winner's mascot will become the face for our beloved meet :heart: This will be an all day thing where everybody can create in between any break times and turn them in whenever they finish. A vote will be held for the winner at the end of the day.

Winner - $20 eBay Gift Card
Runner Up - 10 Raffle Tickets
2nd Runner Up - 5 Raffle Tickets

DONATIONS/RAFFLES
Every year donations are given through the purchase of extra raffle tickets for all the goodies attendees brought! All of these proceeds go to the next year's pony meet so I can buy fun stuff like game prizes, raffle prizes, and, most importantly, it pays for the venue! If anyone could bring any kind of raffle prizes that would be amazing! Let me know if you would like to donate one :heart: We will have a big table set out for raffle prizes and I will start a list of prizes to be donated for the raffle. Message me here if you would like to donate! I will love you forever if you do :heart: Last year's raffles were amazing!

Ticket Info
**Everyone gets 5 free tickets just for coming!**
1 for $1
6 for $5
13 for $10

Raffle Prizes
MonstarNomNom - Retro Sundance Hat, TBD
NurseGlory - G1 Gift Basket
Roogna - TBD
mana_mihara - Packaged G4s
Kitastrophe - TBD
Vertefae - Firefly with Book; Show Stable
ringwraith10 - TBD
apanda0662 - TBD
UroCyonFox - Custom Artwork

WHAT TO BRING
Here is a small list I came up with and feel free to bring whatever you want! This is just a rough list and I may add things as I think of them. By no means do you have to bring everything listed! These are more suggestions than anything. ;)

Ponies for sale/trade
Money for food
Raffle donations
Forks, spoons, plates, or napkins
Drinks such as juice, soda, water, etc
Snacks
Floor Fans
Any fun crafts you might want to do
Pieces to share or show off!

WHO IS BRINGING WHAT
Here is a list of things others will be bringing so we all have an idea of what we still need! We need drinks and snacks like chips or candies if anyone wants those :) Veggie/fruit platters are always a hit too!

Food
GF Meatballs - apanda0662

Snacks-Crunchy
GF Pretzels - mana_mihara
Chips and Dip - Kitastrophe

Snacks- Healthy
Fruit Tray - NurseGlory

Desserts
GF Cookies - mana_mihara

Drinks
Soda Case - NurseGlory
Diet Soda Case - NurseGlory

Misc
Pony Trivia - UroCyonFox
Table Cloths(Limited) - MonstarNomNom, Vertefae
Back-up Table - MonstarNomNom
Plasticware - MonstarNomNom
Floor Fans - MonstarNomNom, ringwraith10

LUNCH
 I have decided to order pizza for food this year. We sadly cannot cater to all food allergies, so be sure to bring some things you can eat just in case we don't have anything :) We have quite a large variety of food sensitivities in our small group so finding food that everyone can eat is quite the challenge :silly:

If you want to eat pizza with us for lunch, please plan to bring $5(for each person if you will have guests with you) to help pay for it. Additionally, please let me know in advance when you RSVP if you will be eating with us. Thanks!

CHILDREN
I realize the subject of children is a touchy one as some people are comfortable having them around while others are not. If you need/want to bring a child along please make sure you let me know when you RSVP and let everyone else know by posting here or on Facebook. If we do have kids along I can assure you I will think of some fun things to keep them entertained, but please make sure they are watched at all times to respect others' wishes. I know a lot of people don't want kids running around and getting into things they shouldn't, especially if it's their collections and things they hold near and dear. Thank you so much in advance for your understanding!

FACEBOOK
The SEPM has its own group and please feel free to join it! There are lots of pictures from the past years so you can get a feel for what it is like and lots of updates and chit chat!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/326744247350358/

And here is a link directly to the pictures so you can check out past years!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/326744247350358/photos/

And that about concludes the thread for now! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to let me know! I will add more/make changes to this post and I will let you all know of any updates!  :biggrin: I look forward to hearing from all of you and I can't wait!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 12:51:53 PM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: The Seventh Annual Southeast Pony Meet! (Lawrenceville, GA)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 06:49:49 AM »
OOOOOOOOOh looks like it'll be fun!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 07:53:14 AM »
Tempting!  Wonder how far you are from me...

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 07:59:09 AM »
You should definitely come!! We love having new people join us! :D we've had a couple people from Tennessee join us!

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 06:09:00 PM »
I really hope we'll be able to pull the money together to go. It was so much fun last year. And I was so stoaked on the idea of doing a soda tasting.

*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 06:25:53 PM »
I really hope we'll be able to pull the money together to go. It was so much fun last year. And I was so stoaked on the idea of doing a soda tasting.

I hope you do as well! It was so great getting to meet and chat with you last year :)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 09:43:20 AM »
I need to check my calendar and see if i can go again this year.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 07:40:03 AM »

It's not the same without you! I really hope you will be able to! :lovey:

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 02:40:49 PM »
Thread has been updated with all of the RSVP's I have received so far! I will be keeping a livedoc this year to keep track of what everyone is bringing and will post it later so we can fill in any gaps :)
I also added lots of fun pictures from past years!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 02:06:43 PM »
Giving this a wee bump in case anyone else needs to see it! :)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 02:15:05 PM »
Tempting!  Wonder how far you are from me...
My mom's house is on the way from Nashville (she lives near the GA-TN border), so if you want to drive to her house and spend the night before the meet, we could totally arrange something! That would mean less driving in one day. :) That goes for anyone who lives in TN, actually. I'll be going up to my mom's house before the meet to leave my animals with her so I can spend the night this year if that happens.

Anyway, of course I'll be going to the meet, so I'll send my RSVP! Looks like people already signed up to bring my usual snacks, though, so I might have to think of something else to bring...

And I, for one, am glad that we're not doing it in September or May this year, since that's the same time as all of the big GA conventions -- meaning I'll have more pony money this year! Yay!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 05:38:22 AM »

XD Not the same without the loud awkward pony art woman right? :p

I checked my schedule and I believe I will be there. It might just be me alone and I don't have any new stuff (still just trying to get rid of all my excess ponies like last year) so maybe I'd only need half a table?

As always I can draw some artwork up for a raffle prize.

I have some badge templates left over too if anyone that didn't get one last year wanted one too.

I DID find an actual projector here at work I can borrow (not the old school box one I had last time lol) and I think if I only did one round it would last forever like last time, so there is an option of me doing a trivia thing like I did a few years ago if anyone was interested. I just need to see if I can find a laptop as I only have a desktop.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 10:05:03 AM »
My mom's house is on the way from Nashville (she lives near the GA-TN border), so if you want to drive to her house and spend the night before the meet, we could totally arrange something! That would mean less driving in one day. :) That goes for anyone who lives in TN, actually. I'll be going up to my mom's house before the meet to leave my animals with her so I can spend the night this year if that happens.

Anyway, of course I'll be going to the meet, so I'll send my RSVP! Looks like people already signed up to bring my usual snacks, though, so I might have to think of something else to bring...

And I, for one, am glad that we're not doing it in September or May this year, since that's the same time as all of the big GA conventions -- meaning I'll have more pony money this year! Yay!

That is so sweet of you to offer doing that! :)
Things might change around as time gets closer! Just let me know ^^
Yeah I just tried to avoid it in the past because it gets hot and I don't want everyone to be miserable in the heat. But hopefully with the new fans and the floor fans we bring it will be better!

XD Not the same without the loud awkward pony art woman right? :p

I checked my schedule and I believe I will be there. It might just be me alone and I don't have any new stuff (still just trying to get rid of all my excess ponies like last year) so maybe I'd only need half a table?

As always I can draw some artwork up for a raffle prize.

I have some badge templates left over too if anyone that didn't get one last year wanted one too.

I DID find an actual projector here at work I can borrow (not the old school box one I had last time lol) and I think if I only did one round it would last forever like last time, so there is an option of me doing a trivia thing like I did a few years ago if anyone was interested. I just need to see if I can find a laptop as I only have a desktop.

Um you are amazing. lol
I have you down for trivia and I can't wait to see what you come up with this year! Everyone loves some pony trivia and it's always a blast every year :frolic: Thank you again for offering to do badges!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 02:07:20 PM »
I wanted to show off these pretty ladies which will be a couple of the raffle prizes this year! :frolic:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 08:31:21 PM »
Wow I totally missed this thread!!
I am still counting on coming of course just have to buy a plane ticket!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal