collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 7 Spoiler Thread  (Read 3683 times)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • Njyugioh
Re: Season 7 Spoiler Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2017, 06:32:13 PM »
Well she's in both the teasers so she's not gone for good but it remains to be seen what will be done with the Equestria Girls version of her. On another note, Seems Episodes 3 and 4 are revealed.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • DA Gallery
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2017, 06:44:43 PM »
I didn't know there was an Equestria Girls version of Starlight.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Many thanks to Crystal Valley for my sig image :art:

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2017, 06:56:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I didn't know there was an Equestria Girls version of Starlight.
Neither did I but people found it hidden on the MLP site along with an EqG Daring Do.

Offline TJgamer

• Big Brother Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »
Season 7, Episode 3
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Season 7, Episode 4
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline BekunoTopic starter

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • Art blog
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2017, 10:55:34 PM »
I'm excited for episode 3, but I'm not a fan of the pony in episode 4  -_-

I wouldn't complain if they kicked Starlight out of the cast, she's not a favorite.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2017, 11:26:32 PM »
I like Starlight Glimmer, but I don't think they handled her well.  I agree with her reforming, but I think keeping her on as Princess Twilight Sparkle student, and actually living with her gave the writers too much to handle.  I think that she should have stayed with Double Diamond, Sugar Belle, Party Favor and Night Glider, and basically become the "Twilight Sparkle" of that group (though I'd like Sunburst to be either part of that group, or at least have them both be in the same place as well, or at least spend a lot of time together).  She can still be a student of friendship, but more in the same way that Twilight was.

I also don't think she was written very well in "The Cutie Re-Mark Part 1" and "The Cutie Re-Mark Part 2", she was suddenly too much of a villain, whereas in "The Cutie Map Part 1" and "The Cutie Map Part 2" you could at least buy that maybe she thinks she's doing the right thing, so having her suddenly be a revenge seeking villain willing to disrupt time without any outside manipulation was too big of a leap for me.  It feels like they're trying to make her more of a villain than she was, whereas she seemed more like a tragic anti-hero at best and a well intention extremist at worst to me, when she was first introduced.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:29:07 PM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Online lostpony

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • loves applejackbunny . Starlily is best pony
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2017, 02:18:51 AM »
That's some good points about Starlight, MJNSEIFER.  I hadn't really noticed how much of a leap it was, only that I liked her a whole lot more when they introduced her than in the time travel ep.  However, she was only trying to exact an eye-for-an-eye type of revenge and screw up Twilight's friendships because that's how she saw what Twilight did to her, and her lack of foresight as to the consequences of what she planned and executed was believable to me.  Heads high, ponies.

Bekuno, which of the ep 4 ponies do you dislike? 
:lovey:                                                                                           You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

lost in the pleasure of                             
35 years of Pony treasure         It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

Offline BekunoTopic starter

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • Art blog
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2017, 03:33:22 AM »
I don't like Pinkie or any of her relatives, I honestly could care less about Maud.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online lostpony

• G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2017, 06:27:37 AM »
If you don't mind my asking,

Which (if any) G4 characters do you still enjoy?
:lovey:                                                                                           You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

lost in the pleasure of                             
35 years of Pony treasure         It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

Offline Olympus

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2017, 08:09:15 AM »
*Rubs evil hands together*

I can't wait to hear the thousands of screams as people's headcannons/theories are destroyed see what new lore this season will bring to the table.

Online lostpony

• G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2017, 08:48:03 AM »
:happy: U so mean, Olympus.  Goes perfect with your avatar's expression, too haha

lost in the pleasure of                             

Offline babypowder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • Thanks to Ponyland Press for my adoptable
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2017, 10:22:30 AM »
Those two episodes sound really good as they haven't mentioned Flurry Heart in a while! And the fourth one sounds good too! 
Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2017, 03:48:38 PM »
I'm looking forward to more baby shenanigans. ^_^ (Oh man I wish there was a G4 Baby Shenanigans! lol She was one of my fave G3's...)

I didn't have much opinion about Starlight one way or the other, originally. But in the last few eps I've really enjoyed her, especially in the Dickens ripoff ep and the season finale.

I very much doubt they would get rid of her completely, that's not really Hasbro's style. Even characters we haven't seen since S1, like Gilda, come back eventually. But Starlight could be regulated to a background character who shows up once or twice each season, like Trixie has become, rather than having the semi-permanent reoccurring character spot she has now. I could see that happening since some of the S7 eps seem to imply her character arc is coming to a close.

Online lostpony

• G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2017, 02:12:24 AM »
Or if they've learned a darned thing, Dragonflitter, her arc could be beginning.

They've wasted her potential with stupid silliness right up to the S6 finale, for the most part, and a lot of people are tired of Mane 6 repetition so....maybe they could have her head out and do something cool and focus on that for a while.

If not for track record, I'd bet on that.  It's a long shot though so I can fantasize anyway.  She has boundless potential and could pack it in with Trixie for a while or something.  Even Discord has pal'ed up with Trixie, he could pop in once in a while or...eh, well, even I can't be too optimistic but we'll see.

lost in the pleasure of                             

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • MOC Mimic
  • G1 and G3 Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2017, 02:00:38 PM »
I'm totally late to this party, but am I the only one who thought of G1 Wind Whistler if Rainbow Dash's mother is called Windy Whistles?

Yeah I actually thought the same thing.

Post Merge: March 24, 2017, 02:03:49 PM

I don't think her Mom can be Firefly since Hasbro lots the rights to G1 molds and most of the names I think.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:04:44 PM by Majesty »

Signature By: Sapphire Rain