collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Introduction- New member from Ontario  (Read 626 times)

pouliche

• Trade Count: (0)
Introduction- New member from Ontario
« on: February 18, 2017, 10:39:58 AM »
Hello,

I just joined the MLP arena today.  I am originally from Quebec, but I recently moved to Ontario to study Chemistry at university.  I am in third year at University.

I have a few MLP toys from my childhood and wanted to keep them out of nostalgia.   I am not really a collector, but for the past few years, whenever I see them in garage sales I can’t resist to buy them!  Now, I have over 50 ponies from generation 1 and 3.  I joined this website because I have a few duplicates and, instead of donating them, I wanted to see if I could perhaps trade them…

I am also studying the degradation of polymers and pony’s plastic makes good test subjects.  Some plastic show early signs of degradation (G1 collection exclusively), which is interesting considering that plastic is extremely persistent. Maybe in the near future, it will be possible to prevent or repair plastic decay! ;)

Thank you for welcoming me to the site!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:04:58 AM by pouliche »

lostpony

Re: Introduction- New member from Ontario
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:30:52 AM »
Welcome to the arena!

We have a trades forum you might enjoy and a brags forum where we all love to see pictures of your ponies if you'd like to post any.  Which were your childhood ponies and what are your favorite ponies?

Many of us including me have a great interest in the sorts of material breakdowns that afflict our older ponies and we particularly value chemistry people to help us better understand and conserve them.  You can find a number of threads discussing these issues in the Pony Corral. While plastics, in particular the PVC our ponies are made of are theoretically long-life petrochemicals, ponies are packed with plasticizers to make them pliable and all sorts of other additives and contaminants both known and unknown and there is limited information as to what all exactly is in each of our ponies so this becomes a broad topic to try and learn and understand.

I sincerely hope you can make a contribution, and either way (and until then) that you have a great time here at the arena.  See you on the forums!

pouliche

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 10:01:56 AM »
Thank you very much for your warm welcome!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 12:02:32 AM »
:glitter: :happy: :glitter: Welcome to the forum, pouliche!  :glitter: :happy: :glitter:

I look forward to hearing about your findings on degradation of plastics - so important, especially to us G1 collectors!  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »
Welcome my fellow caneighdian! As my fellows have probably mentioned, chemistry and pony plastic is extremely important. Who knows? Perhaps you will be the one to discover a cure or prevention method for our many plastic predicaments...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 11:43:11 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

Good luck on your research for all of us toy lovers out there (not just ponies!!) and good luck trading for new herd members.  :)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 08:47:10 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, pouliche!

I hope you can find some information on plastic! I know that purple ponies and the glittery ponies are especially prone to it. Enjoy the forums!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 11:00:59 AM »

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I collect only ponies g1. I have learned a lot from this forum. At first I wanted to buy only some pony that I liked (enter them from my childhood ...) and I have almost 60 ponys! :lol:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 08:28:30 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal