collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Request for advice: eBay purchase not yet shipped - seems to be resolved :)  (Read 950 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
...oops - do you have this saying that if someone has hiccups, that means that someone is thinking or talking about them? Well, I'm sure the seller just felt this :) after 9 days, they contacted me right in that half an hour when I was typing up this post. It turns out they unfortunately got sick and did not have the energy to communicate. Which is perfectly understandable and fine, though the sickness part is sad. I told them it's OK, and I hope they get better soon :)

(Hi all,

I would like to request your advice regarding what to do about an eBay purchase I've recently made.
On the 8th of February I won an auction. Since I put my bid in in the very last minute I actually saw the auction ending, and I was able to pay right after it ended. Today, 9 days later, the auction still only shows up as paid, but not yet shipped.

The seller did not specify shipping conditions in the listing, or on their profile page, so I am not aware of whether they have specific days on which they are able to ship, or if I should expect delays. They did note though, that they are disabled, and I assume (just an assumption though, they did not elaborate on this) this might cause them delays in being able to get to the PO with my stuff. They also noted that they will recently be moving and will be listing lots of items, so they (again, just an assumption) might only be a little behind because quite a number of their auctions ended recently.
However, my main issue is not the delay, it really isn't. I only want to get my items someday: if the seller contacted me today, stating that they will only be able to ship my items 2 or 4 weeks from now, that would be perfectly fine by me. What I fear is that this was an international purchase that will be shipped to me from the US, and I know international shipping can be a pain for US sellers. I did not ask for this though, international shipping was an option in the listing already when I found it and became interested in it. However, in such situations, ever since it has happened to me once, I always fear the seller just decides to cancel the purchase because I am "too much trouble". And I am torn because of this fear: how do I approach the seller politely about this? How do I make it clear for them that the delay really isn't a problem, I just want a confirmation, pretty please, that they will send me the items and not cancel the purchase because I am an extra bothersome/time-consumer international buyer? How do I get this message through without seeming pushy or demanding? What would you do in this case?

Thank you for your help and advice in advance!

Cheers,
L.

P.S.: Dear seller, though the item I won is not MLP, I know you are a collector of MLP as well, since you have mentioned this on your profile page. If you happen to see this, I hope I did not come across as rude or pushy, it really is not my intention. I'm just scared in such situations because of past experience, and because I know I, as an international buyer, mean extra effort to you, something, that is too bothersome to some sellers.
)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:37:53 PM by Loona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update - I'm glad that your seller responded and I hope that everything works out fine now :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Thank you for the reply Ringlets! The package is already on the way to me :frolic: Hopefully this also means that the seller now feels better, or has already recovered from their sickness :)

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
That's great news :cheer:  :newpony: :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal