collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tracking Status Unchanged (Update**)  (Read 3263 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Tracking Status Unchanged (Update**)
« on: February 14, 2017, 05:37:07 PM »
I'm curious if anyone had anything like this happen and what the end result was:

I bought some doll clothes from a seller based in China on Jan. 23rd. On Jan. 25th, the item shipped and reached the U.S. on Jan. 31st. On Feb 3rd, the package reached a destination facility in my state about 90 minutes away from me. Then on Feb. 5th, the tracking says "In transit to destination". That was 9 days ago and there were no updates after that. The item is shipping via U.S. Postal Service. Has anyone had a package just drop off the radar so close to their home and for so long? If so, what was the end result?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:34:07 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking Status Unchanged for 9 Days
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 07:33:34 PM »
I had something similar happen to me before Christmas and made a thread here in trader support about it. Basically, I had two separate items from two different sellers (both from within the US) reach the sort facility in my state and then nothing change in the tracking for weeks. I ended up getting refunds from both sellers, one of who sent my package priority! I got replacements from elsewhere, but it still makes me mad that two packages got lost at the same sort facility and the PO wasn't able to trace them ):( Hopefully yours shows up soon.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 10:08:41 PM »
That's crazy. So did they eventually go back to the seller or does the tracking still show the sorting facility as their final destination?

I was hoping the doll clothes would come soon. I got my dolls, and their custom heads, with no problem. Now the poor guys just need clothes.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:15:05 PM »
I had a package get held up in the Chicago Hub for several days.  I did a google search to find out the Chicago Hub is notorious for doing this.  Maybe same issue with your post office.  I would call the post office with your tracking number in hand to see if they can shed some light on the subject.  Good Luck
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 11:51:49 AM »
I've had this happen with quite a few things recently, though they were all domestic. We did get them all eventually, as it was only a day or two at that status (other than one item, but that was a headache in and of itself...). But it was either between the origin and my 'local' sort facility or the sort facility and my post office and nothing let me know what the heck happened.

I second though calling with the number in hand to see if you can get the ball rolling with finding some information. But I would also reach out to the seller to see if maybe they somehow got it back and you never got an update.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 02:23:49 PM »
I called the main # for the Postal Service. After I gave the tracking number in the automated system, the automated system said it is unable to put in an inquiry because the delivery service selected does not require the package to be tracked and does not provide liability insurance.

I also emailed the seller to see if the package was returned.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:45:41 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 08:34:06 AM »
Update: The tracking has still not been updated since Feb 5th. I called the main number for USPS again and spoke with a representative. She said I should have received my package by Feb. 10th so she opened a case and said I'll hear back from someone in 2-3 business days.

Post Merge: February 23, 2017, 08:43:13 PM

I got a callback from someone who is looking into what may have happened with my package. She found images of it, but not the package itself. She said something about the images showing that it appears to be marked on both sides which would make delivery more difficult. She also said the images show dark areas on the package which leads her to think either it's really dirty or it got torn open. She said if the latter is the case the package may have been separated from its contents. She thinks it may have gotten caught in a mail sorting machine. She suggested doing an online report on USPS's website in case it ends up at the lost package facility in Georgia.

Additionally, the package is not insured. Any advice on what to do if the package isn't found? Who'd be responsible for the item, the buyer or the seller?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:43:13 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Tracking Status Unchanged (Update**)
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 05:40:14 AM »
Did you pay for insurance? Have you contacted the seller? Most likely, since the seller is in China, the seller is going to blow you off and you're just going to have to eat the cost.

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 05:49:08 AM »
I know some others might disagree, but if you choose for the shipping without insurance it is the risk the buyer is taking. I think it is odd to pay less for shipping and still hold the seller responsible.
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 10:17:20 AM »
Wow- you got a much better response than I did.  I had a package go missing at the hub one town over- never to be seen again.

Nobody at that particular hub answers the phone- so I had to invade in person, and I did file a claim (since it was tracked priority) but they never had any information for me other than it went missing.  It actually burns me up to this day...  someone out there has an entire box of Lady Lovelylocks dolls and critters and probably doesn't even know what they are. :(

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 01:34:15 PM »
Is it a bigtime seller, like someone with thousands of feedback?  If so, I think there's a good chance they'll just replace the item without charge if you let them know.  That's not always the case, but it's something I've noticed with a lot of Chinese sellers.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 02:15:56 PM »
I know some others might disagree, but if you choose for the shipping without insurance it is the risk the buyer is taking. I think it is odd to pay less for shipping and still hold the seller responsible.

Well, I didn't actually choose to pay without insurance. I paid the shipping cost that was requested in the listing. I didn't know there wasn't insurance until this situation came up and then I was advised by USPS that there was no insurance.

Is it a bigtime seller, like someone with thousands of feedback?  If so, I think there's a good chance they'll just replace the item without charge if you let them know.  That's not always the case, but it's something I've noticed with a lot of Chinese sellers.

Yes it's a big seller with over 51,000 feedback. I guess I was asking what the ethical course of action is here? Eat the cost or ask the seller to resend? Then if they don't resolve the matter via refund or resending the item, is this a situation where opening a case is warranted?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 03:06:35 PM »
Oh is this an ebay purchase?  If so, both you AND the seller are covered by the fact that tracking shows that it went out- but was never delivered. You should probably open a claim and explain the situation.  Maybe give the seller a heads up first. 

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 06:25:06 PM »
Oh is this an ebay purchase?  If so, both you AND the seller are covered by the fact that tracking shows that it went out- but was never delivered. You should probably open a claim and explain the situation.  Maybe give the seller a heads up first. 

Yes it is.

I'm not in a rush at this point; I'm just trying to think how to handle the situation if another month down the line I still have no package. It's weird because all I have at this point is the postal employee's theories as to what happened. I don't know if say the item's delivery was hindered by improper packaging, an error with the recipient's address, etc... It's just one big question mark.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 12:33:45 PM »

Yes it is.

I'm not in a rush at this point; I'm just trying to think how to handle the situation if another month down the line I still have no package. It's weird because all I have at this point is the postal employee's theories as to what happened. I don't know if say the item's delivery was hindered by improper packaging, an error with the recipient's address, etc... It's just one big question mark.

I think sometimes packages just go missing.  My personal opinion is that sometimes the machines tear off the labels- and SOMETIMES there is post office theft (although my friend who works at the post office thinks this unlikely)- 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal