collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amazon package being returned to seller immediately - how do we stop this?  (Read 3156 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon package being returned to seller immediately - how do we stop this?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 06:07:27 AM »
If it was "fulfilled by Amazon", that means it was packaged by Amazon... Not the seller.

I don't think it was "fulfilled by Amazon" but I'm not 100% sure. If they fulfilled it wouldn't they use an actual Amazon box anyways? I've never had an Amazon order coming from Amazon (not a third party seller) arrive in anything but an Amazon box, even if the box is laughably oversized.

]

Oh OK, I only mentioned that because you had said this earlier.

It was one of those "fulfilled by Amazon, provided by some dude" items (that's why it was so affordable).

I think that I've received amazon things in bubble mailers but now I can't remember. We get too much mail.
But anyway :/ ugh I'm sorry for your mess...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 07:15:20 AM »
-facepalm- You're totally right! Thank you for pointing that out. I guess it pretty much answers the question of whether or not it was Fulfilled. This whole thing has been such a mess I really couldn't remember for sure. I even got my boyfriend confused about it because we were trying so hard to remember. We even decided to send a message to the seller checking if it was a Fulfilled item or not last night just to try and get more details together about it.

I know Amazon can be pretty atrocious at packaging blurays, which they might use bubble mailers for, but I'm still stunned about them seemingly sending electronics like that. When we order mice, keyboards, or headsets they've always arrived in ginormous boxes.

Boyfriend just got off to work safe so its time to hound UPS... oi. This is not gonna be fun!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 07:46:17 AM »
Oh Good Grief this is just plain ridiculous. I am so sick of this sort of thing. You have my complete sympathy.  This kind of stuff happens all of the time and no one wants to take accountability for it.  That really gets to me.  I am sorry you have to go through this. I have had problems with UPS also.  I have had issues with Amazon sellers not boxing items correctly also.  I also have been a victim of postal theft any number of times.  It just doesn't seem like any one does a thing about it.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 08:24:10 AM »
It really is terrible, Tula! I just don't get why people in charge get let it keep happening... All these claims and mail issues must cost them money? Videos of postal workers from all kinds of companies and countries abusing packages keep popping up. I wish they'd finally say "enough is enough!" and start caring about their customers :/ I have a very expensive gift on the way and my stomach is just in knots.

MIL called UPS again and it was a total mixed bag. The actual UPS customer service was sympathetic and possibly helpful to some degree; she was very pleased with them. But they suggested she call the local UPS supervisor (or whatever they're called) and boy oh boy was she upset about that call! Apparently the lady just flat out denied up and down that any of her workers could ever do anything wrong. She refused to do anything about it when what seems to have happened is an employee impersonating a customer to deny packages on their behalf in order to steal their mail... pretty sure that's blatant mail fraud! Even if that's not what happened the possibility should still be looked into. Its beyond suspicious that a blatant lie of a package refusal was claimed and we received an empty bubble mailer.
Seriously, if someone like that is calling the shots no wonder the service from UPS is absolutely atrocious here. It explains so much.

We're going to call back the normal UPS number again on Tuesday. MIL wants to talk to the highest level person she can possibly get and anyone worth their weight as a high level person probably takes the weekend off. Fingers crossed it goes well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal