collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possibly dumb question  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Evilunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
Possibly dumb question
« on: February 13, 2017, 11:12:28 AM »
So I'm making some customs, and I'm using the reboot g4 ponies. That's all fine and dandy, but I realized for the others I want to do I need to find some ponies that are smaller than them. As dumb as it may sound, I'm making Lazytown ponies. I need to know what possible smaller ponies I could try to find to make the puppet children...I thought blindbag ponies could work, and I might do that, but I'd rather be able to re-root them *shrug* any suggestions? I don't care what generation they're from, I just need to know what small and affordable ponies to try to find
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:14:09 AM by Evilunicorn »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Possibly dumb question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:21:37 AM »
You could try McDonald's ponies.  I've seen some customizers remove molded tails and put in brushable ones on the G3 McDs that had brushable manes already.  I don't know how hard that would be to do with molded manes, though.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 01:08:34 PM »
You could try McDonald's ponies.  I've seen some customizers remove molded tails and put in brushable ones on the G3 McDs that had brushable manes already.  I don't know how hard that would be to do with molded manes, though.

This was my first thought too. I can't think of any generation of ponies with smaller brushable figures, McDonald ponies always seem to be half'n'half.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 01:43:56 PM »
perhaps the filly ponies (cutie mark crusaders), I'm not sure how they compare to the reboots tho.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Evilunicorn

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 02:16:04 PM »
perhaps the filly ponies (cutie mark crusaders), I'm not sure how they compare to the reboots tho.
Yeah I think they would be my best bet, just finding 2 of each for a good price could be problematic...well time to scour the internet for good prices

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 02:16:29 PM »

*smacks forehead* How could I forget the CMC? (To be fair I had just woken up lol)

Along the same train of thought, what about G2 babies?
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 02:38:50 PM »
G2 babies are crazy expensive; you'd be much better off with G4 fillies or McD's (practically worthless, you may even find some free if you pay for postage.)
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Evilunicorn

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 02:49:49 PM »
What if I used those weirdly articulated "explore equestria" ponies? On hasbrotoyshop they are about 3.99 each and the odd articulation is a bit puppet-ish...even if they are the same size as the regular G4 ponies

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 03:05:26 PM »
Personally I wouldn't use anything before G4 for customising nowadays apart from fakies.  Just my two penn'orth.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 03:12:59 PM »
What if I used those weirdly articulated "explore equestria" ponies? On hasbrotoyshop they are about 3.99 each and the odd articulation is a bit puppet-ish...even if they are the same size as the regular G4 ponies

That could work.  In Lazytown, wasn't the main character a human girl who was supposed to be the same age as the puppet kids?  So maybe having the puppety feel would be enough to differentiate.  Too bad they didn't do jointed CMCs.  Those would be perfect.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 03:52:40 PM »
the only thing about the CMC is that they might look fat compared to the new reboot brushables, but they ARE supposed to be fatter..i guess.

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Evilunicorn

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 04:08:28 PM »

That could work.  In Lazytown, wasn't the main character a human girl who was supposed to be the same age as the puppet kids?  So maybe having the puppety feel would be enough to differentiate.  Too bad they didn't do jointed CMCs.  Those would be perfect.
the only thing about the CMC is that they might look fat compared to the new reboot brushables, but they ARE supposed to be fatter..i guess.
That's pretty much my thoughts! Just hesitant since I asked one friend and they literally said it was a stupid idea so I thought to use an alternative, but I really am leaning towards the articulated ones...

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 08:25:39 PM »
That's pretty much my thoughts! Just hesitant since I asked one friend and they literally said it was a stupid idea so I thought to use an alternative, but I really am leaning towards the articulated ones...

Hmm, if the CMC look weird next to the G4 reboot, how to the articulated look next to them? The reboots have such thin legs in comparison. I wonder if they might come out with CMC reboots down the line? Maybe its a good project to wait on, or maybe just go with normal G4? Otherwise, the McDonald's ponies might be a good fit; they tend to be "thinner." Their mane is sculpted, but don't the puppet children have molded hair rather than rooted hair?
Sig by Corona
Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal