collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What was the first music you bought?  (Read 6597 times)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What was the first music you bought?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 08:15:37 PM »
Mine was "A Little Bit Longer" by the Jonas Brothers when I was in Middle School.

One of my friends was completely obsessed with them to the point where it was annoying, so I avoided them at the peak of their popularity just because I was so sick of hearing her go on and on and on about them that I figured I would hate the music and refused to listen to them no matter how much she wanted me to.  In retrospect that was a bit petty of me but hey I was in like 6th grade haha.  Anyway, once she moved onto her next obsession (Justin Beiber) I finally listened to the Jonas Brothers and was like "Oh geez, I actually really like this."  Naturally by the time I realized this all of my friends who used to like them had moved on were like "ew Jonas Brothers" and hadn't been into them for like a year so I was secretly obsessed with them and didn't tell anyone  I still remember frantically shoving all the CDs into the glove box of my mom's car whenever we had to give one of my friends a ride home so no one would know my secret :P  It wasn't so much that I thought my friends would tease me, it was more that I was so stubborn about NOT listening to them that I didn't know how to explain that I liked them after all after being such a pain about it lol.

I saw them in concert and it was my first concert, too.  A really good concert, too!  I wish I could have seen them more than once when they were together still. 

I'm not completely obsessed with them like I once was, but I still really enjoy them, plus its a nice little nostalgia trip to my middle school days when I listen to them.   ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 09:23:29 PM »
Mirrorball by Sarah McLaughlin sometime around 1999-2000? I think everyone in my age group had that one. Couldnt tell you where that cd is now though. :)
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 04:13:08 AM »
xD my uncle bought me a cassette walkman for my birthday, it was basically the best gift ever, with my other birthday money, I went out and bought a cassette tape of the spice girls rofl. This was sorta late tape generation? Like I think CD's were already out but they were not widely accepted yet.

I was in 5th grade and enjoying the limited but extended freedoms i was being allowed, aka I could ride my bike around town in a small area lol, so I had that walkman glued to my hip blasting spice girls non stop. I dont even think I bought any other cassettes. When I got sick of pop music I probably just rummaged around in my dads massive collection, which consisted of mainly 80's hair bands. xD   

It would probably be safe to guess that the first CD I ever bought was probably BackstreetBoys rofl.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 09:37:00 AM »
Ah Loa- I can tell by that Album you are a few years younger than me, haha

But a fun question- I was just discussing this with my wife (her firsts were actual vinyls- haha)

My first album was REM Out of Time- on a tape cassette-
My second was Nirvana's Nevermind... 

I had a Sony Walkman at some point- I remember the thing sucked up so many batteries it would barely get through an hour and a half or so before going dead.  My dad got me some rechargeables  :P

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:39:28 AM by Galactica »

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 11:21:11 PM »
Ah Loa- I can tell by that Album you are a few years younger than me, haha

But a fun question- I was just discussing this with my wife (her firsts were actual vinyls- haha)

My first album was REM Out of Time- on a tape cassette-
My second was Nirvana's Nevermind... 

I had a Sony Walkman at some point- I remember the thing sucked up so many batteries it would barely get through an hour and a half or so before going dead.  My dad got me some rechargeables  :P

I loved REM.  I also owned Out of Time on cassette, but I think that was a gift.  Later, I think I bought Monster on CD.  :)

I had a Sony cassette walkman from the time I was six; it was a gift for my first communion.  Didn't get my own CD player until I was 14, though. 
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 07:08:47 AM »
The Lion King soundtrack when I was 6. The height of musical perfection, right there. :P

Offline sangeeth

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awpasl.org/
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2017, 07:12:50 AM »
New Kids on the Block - step by step!

Offline joce

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2017, 10:29:12 AM »
Also ace of base but on cd! My poor dad wanted to kill me so he took me back to the music place and got me nirvana and NIN which started a new love of music lol!
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

Offline CactusBloom

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 06:41:02 PM »
I saw them in concert and it was my first concert, too.  A really good concert, too!  I wish I could have seen them more than once when they were together still. 

Jonas Brothers was my first concert as well! I used to like them, haven't listened in a few years.
Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2017, 04:02:15 PM »
Aqua "Aquarium" (Don't judge me!) Barbie girl is so campy, but the rest of the album is really good Euro-pop!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2017, 05:42:35 PM »
Aqua "Aquarium" (Don't judge me!) Barbie girl is so campy, but the rest of the album is really good Euro-pop!

Love this. Especially 'Dr. Jones' and 'My Oh My'. :D

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2017, 09:55:45 AM »
'I Can't Dance' by Genesis. My dad had the album and I loved listening to it, so I bought my own cassette with my allowance. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2017, 10:16:53 AM »
Cranberries, or Weird AL.... still enjoy them both though Weird AL is a geeky guilty pleasure ;)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2017, 02:52:42 PM »
I really wish I could remember but I have no clue! Most of my music was hand me downs from my big sister; I couldn't tell you the first I spent my own money on. Prob something nerdy like Sha Na Na but I wouldn't deny *NSYNC.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2017, 11:18:00 PM »
Interesting question!

For me it would be the Pokemon 2 B A Master album on cassette when I was probably 9 or 10! And I still have it floating around somewhere. Still love listening to the songs (I found it on CD much later at a yard sale so it did eventually make it onto my ipod {and yes I still use an ipod sometimes lol.}]

As for a "real" album, I sadly don't know for sure. It's possible it was A Hangover You Don't Deserve by Bowling for Soup. If not that, then probably a Michael Jackson album as I got really into him in the mid 2000's and bought most of his albums on CD around that time (I would have been between 14 and 16 years old.)

As an aside it kinda makes my heart smile seeing people mention Ace of Base - I had a friend when I was little who was a few years older than me and would often play her AoB CD when I went to her house. I always get kinda nostalgic when I hear them. Maybe that was the first album she bought herself? =O
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal