collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you like your nails?

Natural nails for me. Clear or natural polish if any
14 (37.8%)
I love nail polish and giving myself mani/pedis!
16 (43.2%)
I get my nails professionally done regularly
2 (5.4%)
I get my nails professionally done occasionally / special occasions
5 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Nail polish people! <3  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Nail polish people! <3
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
I've always had very soft nails that I could rip with my bare hands, being a nail biter didn't help either and strengthening polishes did nothing. But about a year ago I managed to kick the biting habit cold turkey and now my nails grow long and strong.

An old boss of mine studied to become a manicure artist and advised me that polish often weakens the nail because it doesn't allow it to breathe. I don't know how true this is but as much as I'd love colourful nails I hate it when they get worn and chipped so I just have mine natural, I work with my hands too much for polish to last long.

On the rare occasions I break a nail I laugh with my coworkers who wear acrylics about how it's not money but time I'll need to spend fixing them lol.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2017, 05:18:38 PM »
My nails chip and break all the time.  When I do paint them they are stronger.  I'm not sure about whether it weakens nails or not but I don't get a chance to keep my nails painted often.  Now I want to go paint my nails, except they're mostly all broken off at the moment.  :(
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2017, 05:27:33 PM »
I clicked on this thinking it would be about using nail polish on ponies...neeeevermind...

Offline 13blackcats

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2017, 04:28:33 PM »
I wear mostly black. Sometimes a blood red, purple, or greys/silver. Trouble is any more I have to always wear some sort of glitter (or something similar) top coat or my nails just won't dry right. They'll end up gummy and I'll have to re-do them. Which is annoying as I do kind of miss plain black nails. I do like the glitter though. With that I'll wear blues, silver, black or purple, mostly. On the upside, the glitter layer and then topcoat does make them last longer without chipping. I seem to have trouble with top coats any more as well. I've had to use a different kind than I always used to, so maybe the formula changed or my body chemicals.
:happy: :awake: :enthralled: :accomplished: :good:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal