collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Not really sure what I should do  (Read 1149 times)

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
Not really sure what I should do
« on: February 09, 2017, 09:28:32 PM »
So I'm trying to sell some Barbie doll on the doll sales board and I got an two offers for some of them the same dolls, but the first user here is taking a long time to get back to me while the other user got back to me almost immediately even when I told them that the dolls they wanted weren't available, and I'm starting to regret agree to sell the dolls to the first user since like I said they haven't even gotten back to on whether they agree on the price.

My mom says I should wait a week and if they still haven't contacted me I should contact the other user and see if they still want them, but I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do I don't want to get bad feedback. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Not really sure what I should do
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 11:11:12 PM »
This seems to happen to me at least once every time I update my sales threads.  Sometimes I'll even have three or four people asking for the same item.  How I handle it is I send a message to the first person letting them know that someone else is interested and telling them I need their decision within (usually) 24 hours or I'll offer it to the next person in line.  I may also send a message to the next person to let them know I'm waiting to hear back from the first person but that they are next in line should that person pass.  How long you give the first person is up to you but 24 - 48 hours is usually more than enough time to get an answer, and as long as you sent a message letting them know the deadline, they really can't complain.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 03:16:44 AM »
First of all, if there's no transaction you can't get bad feedback. There need to be an actual purchase (money changing hands, not just interest) or trade (items bought or sent), something along those lines, from what I understand. You can't leave feedback for someone because you wanted to buy something and didn't get back to the seller fast enough or it was to someone else.

I think a week is way too long to wait, especially if they haven't even agreed to the price. A lot of buyers everywhere vanish all the time. In my experience its the most common after you name your price. I agree that 24-48 hours is more than enough time to decide if a price is okay, but that's your choice.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 05:43:28 AM »
I agree with the advice already given on here (thanks both :bigups:  :hug:  )    I would contact the person now and give them a time limit to respond - a short time limit of 24- 48 hours. I would also contact the other person who is interested and let them know they may possibly have a chance to buy the dolls.   
Unfortunately it happens  quite a bit where people will contact you and say they want to buy something but then never get back to you , so don't worry about messaging people to confirm if they still want the item(s).

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 06:44:37 AM »
I also agree - if you're expressing interest in an item as a buyer but haven't confirmed the transaction, the onus is still on the buyer to be attentive and respond quickly to either confirm or deny their purchase after they've gotten a reply.  It's not reasonable to expect sellers to hold onto items for a buyer who hasn't even committed to the transaction or expressed their need for a hold (which sellers are under no obligation to provide).

Oftentimes this means the buyer has lost interest and isn't considerate enough to let the seller know.  I wouldn't offer more than a one day grace period at this point especially if they've left you hanging for a while now.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 07:05:42 AM »
Thanks everyone  :hug: the person did person did contact me so everything is working out, but it felt good to get my worries off me chest and be supported.  :)
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 04:39:26 AM »
I'm glad they got back to you! Hopefully the rest of the sale goes off without a hitch :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 10:54:47 AM »
Glad it worked out! Usually for my sakes I always say they have twenty four hours to respond and pay and then go from there down the list if they have multiple interested
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »
Selling is the formation of a "bilateral contract" where each party agrees to give something up to get something.

The first step is the offer, and until that offer is accepted there is no contract.  Your offer can be rescinded at any time before acceptance without any breach.  Once the offer is accepted, a contract is formed.

However, if you've given a specific response deadline, then it is best to wait for that time to expire as a matter of good selling reputation and customer service.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal