collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Found some G2 merch! :)  (Read 1551 times)

Bommels

• Trade Count: (0)
Found some G2 merch! :)
« on: February 09, 2017, 10:22:56 AM »
I dug through a box of my old children's toys, and there it was :) A CD that came with the Rainbow Forest, I believe?

I remember listening to this endlessly as a kid, and miraculously, it still works! There's a song and two stories on there, both incredibly kitschy, but the old memories  make me so happy. They come from a time when there were no bigger worries than getting more ponies :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
Re: Found some G2 merch! :)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 12:41:17 PM »
Nice find! I have a similar one in Belgium language :)

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 04:34:42 AM »
That's great memories to have! Cool you found it! :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 09:43:36 AM »
That is neat, I never knew this even existed.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 04:54:47 PM »
What a cool way to remember your childhood (and ponies!).  I used to love the MLP add on telly.  There is something special about catchy pony tunes :D :D

Bommels

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 06:35:00 AM »
Update: I have listened to the stories now. They're... cringey, to say the least :lol:

The first one, "Where's Sky Skimmer?" deals with a witch who kidnapped Sky Skimmer and some butterflies. Prince Clever Clover, Ivy and Morning Glory to the rescue: Clever Clover is the muscle, the girls sometimes do subtle magic to deal with the weather along the way. Spoiler alert: Sky Skimmer is rescued.

The second one, "The Masquerade", is about a masquearde. There are three problems to deal with: 1. Sky Skimmer and Princess Crystal are wearing the same costume. 2. Who is the mysterious black knight, the only male pony around? Could it be...? 3. It's dark outside. How will Sky Skimmer, Morning Glory and Ivy get home without getting lost?
Problems 1 & 3 are resolved by Queen Sunsparkle's magic. Problem 2 is resolved by simply asking. In the end, Sky Skimmer basically dreams about the whole plot, and then about a marriage between Prince Clever Clover and Morning Glory.

The creepiest thing is that all these stories are read by a grown woman telling us about her adventures with her ponies and talking to the listener like she were our friend... I don't know, it just kind of bugs me xD
But I still had lots of fun :)

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 07:04:46 AM »
I would have liked to watch those stories as cartoons!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 12:38:26 AM »
That's a nifty little piece of merch!  And the fact that you remember the stories from a kid too!! :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 05:37:23 PM »
Update: I have listened to the stories now. They're... cringey, to say the least :lol:

The first one, "Where's Sky Skimmer?" deals with a witch who kidnapped Sky Skimmer and some butterflies. Prince Clever Clover, Ivy and Morning Glory to the rescue: Clever Clover is the muscle, the girls sometimes do subtle magic to deal with the weather along the way. Spoiler alert: Sky Skimmer is rescued.

The second one, "The Masquerade", is about a masquearde. There are three problems to deal with: 1. Sky Skimmer and Princess Crystal are wearing the same costume. 2. Who is the mysterious black knight, the only male pony around? Could it be...? 3. It's dark outside. How will Sky Skimmer, Morning Glory and Ivy get home without getting lost?
Problems 1 & 3 are resolved by Queen Sunsparkle's magic. Problem 2 is resolved by simply asking. In the end, Sky Skimmer basically dreams about the whole plot, and then about a marriage between Prince Clever Clover and Morning Glory.

The creepiest thing is that all these stories are read by a grown woman telling us about her adventures with her ponies and talking to the listener like she were our friend... I don't know, it just kind of bugs me xD
But I still had lots of fun :)

Lol, isn't it funny to look at things now from an adult perspective! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal