collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whats the weather like where you are?  (Read 12258 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the weather like where you are?
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2017, 04:23:16 PM »
It's still too warm for me, but there is a little bit of coolness in the air. A bit strange for this time of the year.

That's miserable. I remember back in high school my parents waited very late to turn on the AC because it was too expensive and it was soooo miserable. I remember that feeling.

The idea of not having an air conditioner at all is foreign to me. Is it not usually that hot where you live?

Oh no, Utah gets VERY hot. It's technically a desert state... but our only means of air conditioning broke completely at the start of summer last year and we can't afford to repair it.  :( Our AC is a swamp cooler ((something that isn't used in a lot of places from what I've gathered)) and even when it ran it didn't do much but that could be because it was old and worn out... our house technically CAN run central air but it doesn't work either and we can't pay the additional bill for that.  >_< My dad might be getting some money in the next month or so so we're crossing our fingers that it happens and we can get some kind of relief from the heat.

I'm sorry. I hope your dad is able to get some money so you can get some form of air-conditioning working!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2017, 05:14:33 PM »
Cold and cloudy. Some days there's frost and fog.

I'm currently huddled under a blanket, because although it doesn't get as cold here as it does in some other places, the people who build houses here in Australia do not seem to understand that winter exists and insulation is a good idea. To be fair, winter pretty much doesn't exist in some parts of the country - but this is not one of them. To quote a recent Facebook comment thread about this: Australia isn't that cold, but Australians are.

Horribly hot... we reached 100 or so yesterday and the ten day forecast is mostly high 90s. We have no air conditioning at all and even in the middle of the night, our house never cools off more than like the 80s... I've never been more desperate to go to the pool in my life but I can't go alone and I've been begging everyone I know and whenever I'm given hope it will happen people flake.  :hot:

Yeah, it gets that hot here in the summer and almost every house I've lived in didn't have air conditioning (family eventually had it added it to this one). It sucks. I'm sorry you're in the same situation.
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2017, 04:31:27 PM »
It's been burning hot for most of this week, but today and yesterday have been much cooler and nicer :) Nice and sunny but not so hot that I felt like I'd melt. Hope it stays like this for a while.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2017, 10:58:40 PM »
Rainy.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2017, 10:17:17 AM »
It's hammering it down, it's horrible. I was hoping to get a lift home but no-one is offering! So I will probably have to cycle in the pouring rain.  I don't normally mind too much not having a car but it would be handy right now.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2017, 10:22:27 AM »
96, sunny and there's a cool, pleasant breeze. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2017, 10:28:47 AM »
96, sunny and there's a cool, pleasant breeze. :)

Ahhh I'm just dreaming of that!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2017, 02:34:13 PM »
The high today is about 90... looking at the forecast for the next couple weeks there's a ton of consecutive 100's or higher.  :tumble: When and if we get our air fixed I will never take it for granted again.

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2017, 05:03:37 AM »
After lots of hot weather, it's been cooler for about a week now. I find it very pleasant. The only downside is that it's been raining quite a bit, and I'm organising a garden party on Saturday. I do hope the weather will get better by then. There's a room indoors we can use in case of rain, but it wouldn't be nearly as nice.

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2017, 10:22:02 PM »
Ahhh the classic Estonian first month of summer...

Hot and sunny days immediately followed by cold and stormy ones. It's like yoyo, it usually stabilizes in July, when warm weathers stay.
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2017, 07:53:56 AM »
Cold and cloudy. Some days there's frost and fog.

I'm currently huddled under a blanket, because although it doesn't get as cold here as it does in some other places, the people who build houses here in Australia do not seem to understand that winter exists and insulation is a good idea. To be fair, winter pretty much doesn't exist in some parts of the country - but this is not one of them. To quote a recent Facebook comment thread about this: Australia isn't that cold, but Australians are.

Horribly hot... we reached 100 or so yesterday and the ten day forecast is mostly high 90s. We have no air conditioning at all and even in the middle of the night, our house never cools off more than like the 80s... I've never been more desperate to go to the pool in my life but I can't go alone and I've been begging everyone I know and whenever I'm given hope it will happen people flake.  :hot:

Yeah, it gets that hot here in the summer and almost every house I've lived in didn't have air conditioning (family eventually had it added it to this one). It sucks. I'm sorry you're in the same situation.

I so hear where you are coming from Kittywhiskers! We have the EXACT same problem here in South Africa. Most of our houses have absolutely no insulation whatsoever and so are freezing cold in winter (and cost a ton to heat) and boiling hot in summer. Fun times

We are in mid winter, but snow is something unheard of here. Even rain in our area - we get our rain in summer. So it is crisp and cool, to warm and sunny during the middle of the day. Yesterday had a horrible cold wind, but that has died down and it turned out quite pleasant.

Offline Oniontart

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2017, 03:48:35 AM »
I think best description is unstable :D And at least here in the capital. Though at least this year the Northern oscillation is also doing it's own part. But at the moment cloudy and quite cool, most probably it will rain soon and after that most probably sun wills hine for a while until the new clouds come and rain all over again  :lol:

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2017, 07:37:08 AM »
 Very hot here on holiday here in Skegness.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2017, 03:16:07 PM »
Its a beautiful sunny day... and 2 degrees C.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2017, 03:34:05 PM »
Hot, humid,muggy, and no rain...blah.. I am suffocating in the heat.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal