collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A story, a brag, and some major accessory ID help, please!  (Read 930 times)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: A story, a brag, and some major accessory ID help, please!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 07:49:31 PM »
The little blue necklace is a Barbie one. Pretty sure it is vintage to the 80's but I can't remember which specific doll it came with.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 08:02:44 PM »
The little blue necklace is a Barbie one. Pretty sure it is vintage to the 80's but I can't remember which specific doll it came with.

Ok, thanks!

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 08:10:38 PM »

Ok, thanks!

The clear Barbie necklace is from Crystal Barbie.  That's about the only thing that I know for sure.  What an amazing haul!
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 06:46:59 AM »
As for the pink ribbon, it is actually a little longer than the other two when stretched out, satin on only one side.  I thought maybe it came with one of the pony wear sets? Or maybe not.
I *think* that it has to have satin on both sides to be a real pony ribbon. Can someone else confirm? I'm pretty sure that's one of the tell-tale signs. And as far as matching them up to the correct pony, I thought that there was a website called Twilight's Accessory ID that has a good ribbon section, but I can't find it. Does anyone know if it's still around?

Megan and Sundance came with pink ribbons with satin finish on just one side I think?  not 100% sure.

for accessories ID the my little wiki can help alot, I'm on my phone, so hard to attach links, it comes right up if you Google.

And Thank you Kitkat for the brush correction!

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 01:35:59 AM »
As for the pink ribbon, it is actually a little longer than the other two when stretched out, satin on only one side.  I thought maybe it came with one of the pony wear sets? Or maybe not.
I *think* that it has to have satin on both sides to be a real pony ribbon. Can someone else confirm? I'm pretty sure that's one of the tell-tale signs. And as far as matching them up to the correct pony, I thought that there was a website called Twilight's Accessory ID that has a good ribbon section, but I can't find it. Does anyone know if it's still around?
The site is called greatponies.com. If it's not up and running you can get older archived versions on the way back machine. I use this site all the time to I'd my accessories p.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 05:08:06 AM »
The site is called greatponies.com. If it's not up and running you can get older archived versions on the way back machine. I use this site all the time to I'd my accessories p.
Ah, thank you! It's too bad that site is no longer officially up and running :/ But at least there's the Wayback Machine. Using that, my very tentative guesses for the two ribbons would be Dream Castle or the Baby Buggy for the lavender ribbon and the Pretty Parlor for the green ribbon.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160502061857/http://www.greatponies.com/ribbons.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal