collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who loves animals?  (Read 1444 times)

GEN123MLP

• Trade Count: (0)
Who loves animals?
« on: February 03, 2017, 05:26:49 PM »
Hi,
Is anyone out there an animal lover? I don't want to know if anyone is a hunter or if anyone loves eating animals, I only want to know if anyone loves animals and if anyone thinks that there is not enough being done for poor animals out there?
There is soo much animal cruelty in the world and not enough is being done to stop it.  :pout: >_< :mad: :cry: :cry: :shocked:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:01:07 PM by Loa »

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
I do!  I wholly support animal welfare, volunteered as a wildlife rehabber (and still stop to help if I find wildlife in distress), and breed and raise several species of small animal for local stores and buyers who don't want to purchase milled animals.

Of course, I also keep and raise my own chickens (meat and eggs), and other meat-beasties. But they get treated well and killed quick, so that ties into welfare too.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
I agree. We, as a species, do much harm to the planet. Delicate ecosystems and amazing forms of life live here. We should protect those animals as much as we can. Sloths are what I feel most passionately about with regard to this. Sloths are a unique habitat to many bugs and species of moss and algae. By saving sloth habitat, we would also save many other species that coexist in those areas. With regard to farms, treat the animal well. Let it enjoy a life. And when you kill it for meat,make the death painless and quick. It gave you milk, eggs, work or manure. It's the least it deserves.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
I'm not vegan or anything, but I am a strong supporter of animal rights, acts to prevent or end the extinction / risk of extinction for endangered species and proper care and treatment of pets. I have three dogs and when I use to sing, I did performances to help raise money for the Humane Society. In the wild, the animals I'm most passionate about protecting and spreading awareness about are snakes. They equally intrigue and terrify me, but the fact that they can make me uncomfortable does not diminish the amount of respect I have for them. They are beguiling, majestic creatures that deserve living space just as much as we do.

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
I am. I've always loved animals. I work for my local shelter and was a volunteer dog walker before that. I studied social work in college, and the core of the field is advocating for and aiding oppressed individuals/populations. Well who is more oppressed than animals, right?

Additionally, I've been a vegetarian since age 8.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Me. I love animals more than people.
I haven't eaten meat from a mammal or a bird for 17 years, and I avoid milk as best as I can.
Every winter I keep pushing acquaintances or 'friends' away by informing them about the origins of their "so very cute and soft" fur collar. "No, that's not real. I've had it for years." bla bla I really dislike uninformed and uncaring consumers. :(

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
I've always loved animals - give me animals over people any day!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
I think everyone loves some kind of animal.  My dad for instance doesn't like dogs but loves the fish in his pond :)

I love dolphins and some types of dogs, personally (experiences with other types have left certain impressions on me).

Lets make sure this does not turn into a heated debate though.  Stay away from 'vegetarian/vegan because choice' and stay on the topic of 'I like animals.'
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
i buy free range and organic eggs milk and meat and i have fields around me with lots of wild life which i feed i have also adopted 2 dolphins and an orca with the WDCS and signed numerous petitions for animal welfare and against animal cruelty, also have rescue cats :) and give money to the cats protection RSPCA and oxford wild life trust :)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Another animal lover here!

I went to school originally to become a veterinarian because of this love, but life had a few other plans for me, so now I have a super fancy degree that just lets me take really, *really* good care of my pets :P I've done a little bit of everything when it comes to animal training and husbandry, having an emphasis on behavior and nutrition and a specific passion for dogs, horses, and birds. I currently live with a full house of a GSD/lab, 4 song birds and a parrotlet, 2 mice, 4 fish, 5 cats, 2 horses and a mixed flock of 6 chickens. I'd likely have more critters if my husband would let me  :P

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: Who loves animals?
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »
I'd likely have more critters if my husband would let me  :P

Once you get enough, he'll stop being able to keep track. "Wait, did we always have two roosters?"  "Well, the gender change fairy visited one of the pullets. *Innocent whistle*"

Actually, that is why we have two roosters. But he has lost track of how many pythons are in the house...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal