collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help with Kiss'n'Makeup!  (Read 612 times)

Offline Detka21

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
Need help with Kiss'n'Makeup!
« on: February 03, 2017, 01:08:20 PM »
Hey guys! I have recently bought this pretty Kiss'n'Makeup, however, she has some holes in the plastic, as well as a huge stain on her back. It seems that she had been chewed or scratched with something. My question is - what should I do with her? Should I use Fimo and fill these holes, or should I leave her alone, or maybe I should entirely custom her? I don't know how valuable she is, and I don't want to destroy a rare pony. Halp!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Need help with Kiss'n'Makeup!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 04:18:27 PM »
If you decide to fill the holes, I wouldn't suggest using polymer clay like Fimo. Despite what a lot of people believe you cannot cure it without baking so stuff like boiling it does not work.

Personally, I'd just clean her up and leave her alone. Adding more chemicals to the mix isn't necessarily going to be great in the long term. She looks fine, a little beat up but fine imo. But you posted this in Customs, not the Corral, so that's probably gonna be an unpopular opinion.

GEN123MLP

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 05:02:05 PM »
Hi,
I think u should leave her alone. She looks sweet enough already. I also think she must be really rare.  :blink:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »
I'm not sure that she's SUPER rare, is she? I think she's just sort of underrepresented, but I may be wrong here. She's a UK pony, so she'll be tougher to find in the US, but not as rare as a Dutchie for example?

My thoughts/if she was my pony, I'd leave her as-is, if her hair and paint are otherwise okay. (Her hair looks good from these limited shots, but only you know for sure!) If you're keeping her in your collection, I'd repaint that iris maybe, and just keep her hair on that side of her neck to hide the pink blotch. (I'd normally recommend sunfading, but anything but white/pale ponies can get really screwy in the sun.) The nibble marks on her face aren't super visible IMO, and trying to fill them with something else might only make them more noticeable, especially if the color match isn't exact.

It looks like she's got the beginnings of tail rust if I'm not mistaken, so you might wanna pop her open and have a look at that if you haven't yet! Best of luck with her! :)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Detka21

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 01:28:16 AM »
Thank you very much for your opinions! I thought that it might be a wrong thread, but I was thinking about customising her :D
I'll leave her alone then, as you suggested. I thought that I might match Fimo with her color, but if you say that these holes are not very visible, then there is no use to touch her. The hair is in quite a good condition, the endings are a little bit damaged, so I will probably cut them a little bit, because nothing will help them anyway. The tinsel is also very fragile, so I don't want to use any hair straightener. And yes, I see that she has some tail rust, so I'm planning to cut her open on Monday and give her some love :D Thank you very much for helping me with the decision!  :blush:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:33:49 AM by Detka21 »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 11:59:03 AM »
She's a Euro exclusive so while she's not super rare, she is sought after.

I think some sunfading might help with her pink marks :) just make sure you cover her up so only the mark is showing.

What might help the dents on her face is boiling water. Dip her nose/where the dents are in very hot/ boiling water. It will soften the plastic and as it cools it should return to its original shape. It can take a few goes, but it'll help.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal