collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Doll / doll head ID help requested :)  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Doll / doll head ID help requested :)
« on: February 02, 2017, 09:08:34 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have just stumbled upon this site which is mainly about Catwalk Kitties, but on one picture there is also another doll . I'd love to know more about her, but the site is in Russian, and highlighting and copy-pasting text is disabled, so I was not able to check if the site actually says something about her. The doll I am talking about is the one on the left in this picture:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(for reference: pic is from this site, not mine)

She seems to be on a Monster High body, so it's actually the head the ID of which I would love to find out. I find her, especially her eyes, terribly and irresistibly cute, and would love to go on a mission to hunt one down for myself if I had a clue about what to search for :P

Thank you to anyone and everyone who might be able to help! ^.^

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Doll / doll head ID help requested :)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 10:38:08 AM »

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 01:51:53 AM »
...and it is! Thank you, thank you so much duenia for the quick help! :hug:

having a look at the picture in your link and having checked additional pictures of them online (which is a pain by the way, basically all search results are Rapunzel-related if you do not include the manufacturer company's name) I actually remember having seen a picture of these online years ago - I found them cute, but they were never available here, and I completely forgot about them. they seem to be rare and pricey now, so I guess I'll have to depend on luck if I want to find one, especially for a price I'm willing to pay... *sigh*

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 05:22:04 AM »
I'm in the same boat. I want them but finding them is like impossible.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 10:01:35 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I want them but finding them is like impossible.

I've managed to get a few from a Arena member located in the UK. They found them at a flea market/boot sale. I only got the red and yellow and the half rainbow twin ones tho so of course I'm still looking for more.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:04:35 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 12:14:00 AM »
yeah, that's my only hope as well - either finding them at flea markets or second hand shops, or buying/trading them, hopefully for not-so-inflated prices. it's not that I don't have that money, but I just don't have the heart to spend that money on a walnut-sized piece of plastic I only need the head of. and will also most likely rehair.

though I'm pretty certain I would most likely not rebody the very first one I got, if I ever get one. they are pretty cute as they are too, so I am not interested in them just because of the dolly hybrid factor.
I wish the heads of these miraculously popped up on eBay or Aliexpress like Catwalk Kitties heads did, that would at least resolve the hybrid dolly part :D

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 01:27:30 PM »
If you only want the head just be thankful you're not looking for accessories too x.x

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 12:57:45 PM »
haha, accessories can be a pain to hunt down ever for older and much more abundant toy lines (like MLP :P ), aren't they? :D I'm happy I am not really interested in them, that would kill my walllet...
actually I didn't even know these came with accessories. I mean they have long hair, I believe they must have come with a brush (I mean... what doll or toy with brushable hair does not come with a brush? XD ), but I have never saw new in box/on card pictures of these, so I can't even imagine how they could have looked like in a new, never opened state, and what did their package contain... do you have, or have you seen pictures of them in such a state? did they come in a box, or on a card? what accessories did they have?

the above aside, I would actually also be very happy if their separate heads showed up suddenly, because I always have issues and self-guilt trips about modifying something that is more rare/sought after in its original state, even if they are not vintage items, and especially if they are in an otherwise good state.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 01:04:31 PM »
haha, accessories can be a pain to hunt down ever for older and much more abundant toy lines (like MLP :P ), aren't they? :D I'm happy I am not really interested in them, that would kill my walllet...
actually I didn't even know these came with accessories. I mean they have long hair, I believe they must have come with a brush (I mean... what doll or toy with brushable hair does not come with a brush? XD ), but I have never saw new in box/on card pictures of these, so I can't even imagine how they could have looked like in a new, never opened state, and what did their package contain... do you have, or have you seen pictures of them in such a state? did they come in a box, or on a card? what accessories did they have?

the above aside, I would actually also be very happy if their separate heads showed up suddenly, because I always have issues and self-guilt trips about modifying something that is more rare/sought after in its original state, even if they are not vintage items, and especially if they are in an otherwise good state.

That I can find, most of them had a brush,  some barrettes and a stool. The two white ones had a hair braider, stool, barrettes and I think there's a ring? The images I've seen are all from Google Images.

Offline MangleCrafter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • One word: Firefly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 06:20:19 AM »
Awe thanks for the link to the website tho! I am a big cat lover since i was small, and i have been hunting these dolls for a while!

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 08:14:51 AM »
Awe thanks for the link to the website tho! I am a big cat lover since i was small, and i have been hunting these dolls for a while!
Your're welcome! Happy to hear that while seeking help I was also able to help others! ^^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal