TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Is this typical behavior with Make an Offer on Ebay? UPdaTE on last page

(1/4) > >>

tulagirl:
Yesterday I got a bit annoyed.  I received some funds as a get well gift to use for a pony.  I went online and found the one I wanted on Ebay.  I made an offer around 1:40 in the afternoon.  I wait for a while and check in on it once but figured since there was no response the seller was working.  Well, I got extremely busy.  I don't have a lot of time to myself right now at all.  So around 6pm I get this email:

Hi (edited: this is me),

Thanks for your business! I am ready to ship the following item:(edited: not important name of pony)

Unfortunately, I can't ship the above until I've received a payment. Can you please let me know when I can expect a payment?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Honestly it has not even  been a day or even 12 hours for that matter.  I can't figure out why I get a payment reminder only a few hours after I made an offer.  Is this standard with Make an Offer that you must pay within a few hours of your offer?  Am I wrong to be annoyed since I have always paid same day for all my items and felt insulted by this?  Maybe I am just tired and fussy, but I don't think this was very nice to do.  If I had not paid within a couple of days I guess, but 5 hours?

So, am I missing something?  What are your thoughts?  I could not get to it. I was so so busy.  I had not forgotten about it, but I had dinner to fix and critters to take care of, plus I have been really sick.

Duenia:
Was that an email from ebay or a message from the seller?

I get auto emails like that all the time after the seller accepts a best offer. Sometimes even after I've already done the payment.

tulagirl:
I looked and it came to me from the seller.  There was nothing in the message heading to suggest it was an automatic thing from the seller, but maybe it was. I have no idea.

Tracks:
That seems odd to me

I sometimes make an offer on things on Ebay, occasionally a cheeky offer which I don't expect to get accepted but some times they do, did you not get a message accepting your offer or even making a counter offer?

nhal039:
I dont see the harm in it, there are heaps of non paying bidders out there so the seller is properly freaking out about this, also large assuption but they are properly in need of money so a few hours wait feels like forever to them. I wouldnt take it personally. They should have waited longer before messaging but again i think the message is aimed at past experiences not you personally

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version