collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this typical behavior with Make an Offer on Ebay? UPdaTE on last page  (Read 2839 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Yesterday I got a bit annoyed.  I received some funds as a get well gift to use for a pony.  I went online and found the one I wanted on Ebay.  I made an offer around 1:40 in the afternoon.  I wait for a while and check in on it once but figured since there was no response the seller was working.  Well, I got extremely busy.  I don't have a lot of time to myself right now at all.  So around 6pm I get this email:

Hi (edited: this is me),

Thanks for your business! I am ready to ship the following item:(edited: not important name of pony)

Unfortunately, I can't ship the above until I've received a payment. Can you please let me know when I can expect a payment?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Honestly it has not even  been a day or even 12 hours for that matter.  I can't figure out why I get a payment reminder only a few hours after I made an offer.  Is this standard with Make an Offer that you must pay within a few hours of your offer?  Am I wrong to be annoyed since I have always paid same day for all my items and felt insulted by this?  Maybe I am just tired and fussy, but I don't think this was very nice to do.  If I had not paid within a couple of days I guess, but 5 hours?

So, am I missing something?  What are your thoughts?  I could not get to it. I was so so busy.  I had not forgotten about it, but I had dinner to fix and critters to take care of, plus I have been really sick.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:02:56 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is this typical behavior with Make an Offer on Ebay?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 08:31:16 AM »
Was that an email from ebay or a message from the seller?

I get auto emails like that all the time after the seller accepts a best offer. Sometimes even after I've already done the payment.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 09:27:40 AM »
I looked and it came to me from the seller.  There was nothing in the message heading to suggest it was an automatic thing from the seller, but maybe it was. I have no idea.

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »
That seems odd to me

I sometimes make an offer on things on Ebay, occasionally a cheeky offer which I don't expect to get accepted but some times they do, did you not get a message accepting your offer or even making a counter offer?

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 10:04:18 AM »
I dont see the harm in it, there are heaps of non paying bidders out there so the seller is properly freaking out about this, also large assuption but they are properly in need of money so a few hours wait feels like forever to them. I wouldnt take it personally. They should have waited longer before messaging but again i think the message is aimed at past experiences not you personally

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 12:01:22 PM »
I dont see the harm in it, there are heaps of non paying bidders out there so the seller is properly freaking out about this, also large assuption but they are properly in need of money so a few hours wait feels like forever to them. I wouldnt take it personally. They should have waited longer before messaging but again i think the message is aimed at past experiences not you personally

This makes a lot of sense.  I could see where some buyers would make an offer and then disappear for a while.  That would be really irritating.  I guess I have had bad experiences affect my sales/trades in the past as well. 

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 04:32:35 PM »
That's happened to me lots. I love making offers. I think the seller sometimes accepts the offer because they are in a hurry to sell, sometimes they worry about flaky buyers, and as long as they're polite I don't read anything into it.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 04:50:39 PM »
Idk. Sounds like a good thing to me. You won right. Yay?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »

Ha ha yea but you know me, I am loopdeloopy over here Law!  It is probably all the plastics. baaaa

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 06:44:55 PM »

Ha ha yea but you know me, I am loopdeloopy over here Law!  It is probably all the plastics. baaaa

:hug:

That's what you want us to think. That you'll be so loop-de-loopy we'll never see you coming! Isn't that right Charmin Dictator? Who shall rule the world with Iron Kitteh Claws! ;)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:18:14 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 08:19:32 PM »
The seller might have thought that you genuinely didn't get that you hadn't already paid for the item just by making an offer.  Believe me, there are buyers who would have thought that, lol.

Anyway, congrats on your win!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 02:49:02 PM »

:hug:

That's what you want us to think. That you'll be so loop-de-loopy we'll never see you coming! Isn't that right Charmin Dictator? Who shall rule the world with Iron Kitteh Claws! ;)

ROFLOL you are killing me.  I can't rule the world.  It is either going to be Yuki or Cat Pee Pony.

The seller might have thought that you genuinely didn't get that you hadn't already paid for the item just by making an offer.  Believe me, there are buyers who would have thought that, lol.

Anyway, congrats on your win!

Good grief like making an offer has nothing to do with a payment.  How could buyers be so flaky?  I am just so busy with a brand new puppy.  I didn't realize it had been 5 hours but, I would have paid. I wondered if they were just trying to let me know they accepted my offer, but why not just say, Contrats, I accepted your offer and will ship your pony after I receive payment or something.

Update

So I paid for this item a week ago, and they just decided to ship it.  Essentially they want their money fast fast fast, but shipping items out is slow slow slow.  I don't know this just urks me a bit.  I guess I have been spoiled by better sellers that ship my  items the day or day after I pay.  Maybe they are a once a week shipper. I will have to check that out :pout:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:06:45 PM by tulagirl »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Is this typical behavior with Make an Offer on Ebay? UPdaTE on last page
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 05:57:24 PM »
I'd definitely ding their stars for slow shipping considering their initial email if that's not the case... crikey!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 04:43:27 PM »
I think that sometimes sellers don't have the cash to ship immediately, so they have to wait for the payment to finish processing to be able to buy postage.
should be perma-moderated

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 09:52:03 AM »
I think that sometimes sellers don't have the cash to ship immediately, so they have to wait for the payment to finish processing to be able to buy postage.

This really isn't necessary anymore.  When a buyer pays that money is immediately available through paypal.  You can use paypal or ebay to create a shipping label using the finds from your sale.  There is no need to wait.

I'd definitely ding their stars for slow shipping considering their initial email if that's not the case... crikey!

Sadly, I did do this. It really upset me that I got that pushy generated email about paying so quickly but my item was shipped out so slowly. There was nothing in the auction to indicate shipping would be so slow. I think I am just going to avoid this seller in the future. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal