collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beauty and the Beast live action  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Beauty and the Beast live action
« on: February 02, 2017, 05:48:46 AM »
So I first saw the original 1991 Beauty and the Beast when I was four and was apparently mesmerized . . . my dad took me to the theater to see it twice (a rarity in our family) and I got the Belle and Beast barbies, merch, the VHS when it came out, etc. I've loved the movie forever. I'm kind of tepid about the live action movie coming out in March; how can it possibly compare to one of my favorite Disney movies of all time and the accompanying childhood nostalgia? :P The CGI for the Beast, Lumiere, and Cogsworth also bothers me a bit. Obviously the last two had to be CGI, but maybe they could have done the Beast with a combination of costume/prosthetics and CGI. Anyway . . . on the plus side, I like Emma Watson's singing voice and Luke Evans looks like he's going to be an awesome Gaston. And since they seem to be sticking so close to the original movie, it hopefully can't go too far off the mark (famous last words?). As a Beauty and the Beast fan I'll probably see the movie whatever reviews it gets.

So what do you guys think about what we've seen in the trailers? Are you looking forward to it? I'd love to hear all opinions. 

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Beauty and the Beast live action
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 07:03:27 AM »
I am not really interested in seeing it. I loved the animated one as well and remember when my parents took me to see it and am not keen on a live action version. Wasn't for Cinderella either. Did love the Jungle Book one but not interested in this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 08:25:11 AM »
Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie and favorite fairytale overall. I collect all things related to this, not just to the Disney version, so the way I see it is: another version? Bring it on. :D

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:17:07 AM »
Beauty & the Beast is one of my favourite films (after Aladdin) seen the stage show too.

I am very excited to see this film especially as they are sticking close to the original film (so is Mum (& auntie) actually and she is never excited over Disney films lol)

There are so many good actors in it. I agree I think Luke will be amazing as Gaston ... he is always so good at playing the bad guy (who is oh so hot at the same time)  :lol:
The only one neither of us are keen on is Emma Watson ... not really a fan of hers ... but we shall see once we see the film. ^.^

Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 09:41:44 AM »
im not really sure what to think.  I remember seeing Beauty and the Beast on ice and ofcorse we had the vhs :)

I guess we will see when it comes out :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline SundanceSadie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 10:42:48 AM »
Like most of you, I also loved the animated Disney version as a little girl. Even if it wasn't my all time favorite, it was top of the stack for sure  :)
I'm definitely going to see this movie. Oddly enough my husband is actually looking forward to seeing it and watched all the trailers before me! It's strange considering his favorite genre is Westerns  :lol:

I'm just not sure I can watch it and see Belle instead of Emma Watson. While watching the trailers I just keep seeing Emma playing Belle. Does that make sense?

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »
I am actually looking forward this movie more than any else this year. I'm not keen on Watson but can't think of anyone else who could do the part. Buzzfeed recently posted some comparison shots between the animated and live action and it seems they're exactly the same, just as Cinderella was, which I really like.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 02:57:31 PM »
I love the Disney animated version of Beauty and the Beast and am really excited to see this version!

I wasn't a huge fan of the Cinderella live action that was made a few years ago, but I'm also not a huge fan of Cinderella anyway. I'm hoping the Beaury and the Beast live action will be good! I'm loving all the trailers so far.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 03:26:29 PM »
Mmm it wouldn't be the first live Beauty and the Beast, it won't be the last. I'm not too interested as I've seen one too many Beauty and the Beast movies and wasn't their a live action series in the mid 90s?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 04:26:48 PM »
I am really excited about this one and looking forward to it. :D
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 04:32:23 PM »
I'm excited to see it.  Some people complain that the actors are doing French accents and are not actually French.  I saw a trailer where Emma Watson sings but I don't know if she's actually singing or someone else is and making it look like she is.

I love the cartoon.  I'm trying to get the classic Disney movies I love in blu-ray and Beauty and The Beast was one of the ones I got first.  It's such a difference seeing a movie you last saw on VHS and then watching it on blu-ray.  To me it's like classic Disney movies were meant to be seen on blu-ray but it wasn't invented yet.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »
I am super excited about this movie!! I can't even explain why I am so excited!! I loved the cartoon so much!! I always loved Belle and I think Emma is going to do an amazing job bringing her to life.

Offline Storybelle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 10:22:11 AM »
I'm not going to see this movie in cinema. Didn't bother with any of the other live actions either. The original animated were perfect and I don't really want to give them money for these when there could be actual new movies, not a way worse version of something already done.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 11:38:30 AM »
I've really been looking forward to this. I like the live action variations that have been coming out. Didn't see The Jungle Book, but enjoyed Cinderella and Maleficent. I think of them not so much as remakes but as new interpretations of the original animated film, so they stand on their own in my mind, not in comparison.

If Disney were to remake the old animated films into new animated versions, I'm confident I would skip. I like their new style art from Rapunzel onward but wouldn't want to see my childhood favorites reimagined in the same medium, know what I mean?

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 12:24:27 PM »
I'm on the fence. I think the Disney Live Actions have been hit or miss for me.

Maleficent- Hated it
Cinderella - Liked it
Jungle Book - Pretty Good
All Alice in Wonderland movies - GOSH NO
Petes Dragon - TERRIBLE

For me I've been on the fence ever since they cast Emma Watson as Belle, mostly because I wish they had cast someone fresh that isn't associated with another movie franchise. Its so hard for me to look past her as Hermoine.
I like some of the styling for the movie, but so far the trailers have given away the entire plot (not that it was too much of a mystery lol) and it just doesn't look too appealing to me. Also the beast is a bit um..different? I do like that they've kept the music, but no one can beat Angela Lansbury's Tale as Old as Time.

I think for me Beauty and the Beast (animated) is one of my top 2 Disney movies, and I doubt it can ever surpass its animated feature. I will probably wait for reviews on this one and then possibly see it in the theatre after the hype has died down.

I just wish Disney would cool it with the Live action remakes and make more original animations.

If they make Little Mermaid I will probably never see it XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal