collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nc sugarberry  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Nc sugarberry
« on: February 01, 2017, 05:35:30 AM »
I am having a really hard time selling this girl on eBay. I keep dropping the price and wondered what her price is at the moment as I thought this was a fair price. What do you think? Thanks for any help.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201784473146

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Starshinescustoms

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Bunny Mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Nc sugarberry
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 06:18:47 AM »
I'm afraid I haven't got a clue on price so I can't help much there but I know if I had the money I'd give it to you right now - what a beautiful pony :inlove:
Only thing I might suggest is that you take some new pictures. Presentation can mean a lot when selling a pony, especially on ebay. If you give her a very gentle wash and style her hair, maybe put a ribbon in her tail then display her on a nice clear, bright background you might find she'll sell easier.
Another thing is that with a rare pony like this not everyone can afford her so you may have to wait a little for the right person to come along. I've had a Tornado up on ebay for offers for a couple of months now. No one has submit a single offer on him. I've been dropping his price non stop thinking that maybe that's what was putting people off (I wasn't sure what to put him up at so wanted to put him up for offers) but still not a single offer, not even a low one. Perhaps it's simply that most people can't afford a pony like that at the moment? If I didn't have so much debt from recent vet's bills I would take her right now. I'm sure you'll find a buyer for her soon
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StarshinesCustoms?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/starshinebunny
Note: I have changed my ebay username from 'Starshinescustoms' to 'Starshinebunny' but it's still me  :P
DA: http://starshinescustoms.deviantart.com/

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 08:44:33 AM »
If it makes you feel better if I had the spare cash I'd grab her up so quickly!!!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 09:02:59 AM »
I sold a spare one I had for 150€. But I think the suggestion they give you is good: Some new photos so one can appreciate how white the pony is, with better light and a so.. This pony is tricky and if the buyer is picky, having such a yellow light doesn't help much. ^^

Good luck!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 10:46:08 AM »
I think your price is fine, I wouldn't sell her for any less. Sometimes it can take a while to find the right home for a pony :huh: I would hang on to her for a bit longer and try again in a few months.

As Starshine has suggested sometimes well presented pictures can help with a sale ;)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 02:14:41 PM »
Thankyou! I'm glad I'm not out with the price. I did take the pics on my iPhone the lighting can. E tricky especially on a yellow blanket background lol. I'm just thinking how the money can help my driving lessons. And how the poor pony is unwanted :) ho hum. I will wait out. X

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 02:40:25 PM »
I agree that the photos could be effecting the sale. You also cant really see her whole body display side in any of the photos. I would stand her up on a clean background and take more photos and then relist :)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 10:32:43 PM »
I have her in my watch list and am debating on buying her as she would be an upgrade to mine with a hair cut and touched up symbols. If you don't mind holding out 'til this weekend, I can buy her from you for the ebay price.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 11:13:30 PM »
New photos would do a lot for you. It looks like she might have a home but this could help you in the future :)

- There is no clear shot of her face or any photo of her full display side. This makes it look like you're hiding problems (stains, bite marks, mold, whatever). Photos should show the whole item - front, back, top, bottom, and any other important angles or detail shots. So for ponies that would be display side, non-display side, hooves, maybe "spine"/rump, and photos of any damage.

- She looks like she was just haphazardly tossed down on a blanket. It doesn't make her look appealing at all. Pose your items. Stand ponies up and make sure their hair looks as good as possible. Don't hold the item unless its necessary (doesn't stand up, showing scale of a miniature, etc).

- Don't use a yellow background like that for a white pony. It can make them look yellower if you don't really know what you're doing.

- iPhones are fine for photography. In fact, you can take downright stunning photos with most iPhones. Photography is much, much more about lighting than anything else. Use natural light if you can. 9 times out of 10 it'll look much better than artificial light. If you really can't, find the most well lit place in your home (may take some experimenting). You can use a sheet of white paper/posterboard as a reflector to help keep the item evenly lit and look more true to life.

On cheaper items it doesn't matter quite as much, but people tend to be more wary about buying expensive items that aren't well represented in the photos.

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 02:36:44 AM »
thanks for your feedback and comments x
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 02:50:38 AM by Nappercasper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal