collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you ship a Summer Wing pony in a padded envelope or a box?  (Read 1404 times)

Offline SundanceSadie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Would you ship a Summer Wing pony in a padded envelope or a box?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 08:52:39 PM »
Oh my goodness, you guys are so awesome with all the responses to this question!    :worshippy:
I'm learning so much and I'm sure this is going to help someone else out too! I'm such a newbie at purchasing ponies so I appreciate the education on something that should be as simple as shipping. As lovesbabysquirmy said...hooves crossed that she arrives safe and sound!!

I'm sorry some of you have had bad shipping experiences though. I wonder if sellers that are not collectors themselves think of them more as toys than collectibles and ship them accordingly?
Instead of the way we would package them...like fine china  :inlove:
All of these stories and advice is definitely going to make me more aware of the packaging method of future purchases. It's got to be heartbreaking to receive something you thought was so perfect...only to have it arrive in pieces  :yikes:
I should have started a poll, I'm thinking it would be 100% box all the way! Lol
I haven't read anypony saying, "no big deal, ship it in a padded envelope, it'll be all good"   :P

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 05:17:04 AM »
I once bought a pony lot off kijiji with a flutter pony with both wings intact, I didn't know to ask for added padding for her wings. When she arrived she had lost one wing and the second was barely attached by a sliver. Even with the gentlest handling the second wing fell off too. There was also a G1 diamond ring that was intact in the picture and arrived broken .  >_<

This is heartbreaking. I have never had a loose flutter shipped to me with wings intact, but I have bought a couple of MIB flutters and have had panics about their wings in transit because you can't pad the wings in a MIB flutter and they're so delicate. Fortunately they made it ok. I also bought one at ponycon a couple of years back in her box and getting her back to my uni room, then back home on a very rattly train made me worry. Flutters are so much worse than wingers. At least wingers are quite durable, so a bit of decent packing and they usually come through (unless they have particularly wide wing spans to take into consideration, or are the Alitas from Argentina. They're super delicate I believe)

@Lollipop - I would be leaving neutral feedback for a seller who ignored my packing requests and thus risked damaging the item.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 05:35:14 AM »
@Lollipop - I would be leaving neutral feedback for a seller who ignored my packing requests and thus risked damaging the item.

Yes this is what I think I will be doing. (Haven't left my feedback yet)
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline SundanceSadie

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 08:06:31 AM »

Yes this is what I think I will be doing. (Haven't left my feedback yet)

I second what Taffeta said Lollipop. That's so awful, sorry you had that experience but maybe your feedback can warn another pony purchaser before it happens to them. It doesn't sound like an accident on the sellers part... Just willful negligence and care for the pretty pony you paid good money for!  :sad:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 10:22:47 AM »
I just sold some wingers and built a little shroud of thick cardboard around them, then put a lot of bubble wrap in there as well as a couple layers of shipping paper (then some tartan wrapping paper just to make the parcel look nice.) They were staying within the UK though - if they were off abroad, then I would've gone full-on - cardboard, bubble wrap into infinity, shipping paper for additional padding and a good thick box!

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 10:53:42 AM »
I just sold some wingers and built a little shroud of thick cardboard around them, then put a lot of bubble wrap in there as well as a couple layers of shipping paper (then some tartan wrapping paper just to make the parcel look nice.) They were staying within the UK though - if they were off abroad, then I would've gone full-on - cardboard, bubble wrap into infinity, shipping paper for additional padding and a good thick box!

:biggrin: ... I think they were mine!  :lol: loved the tartan wrapping paper (I was like ooo who's sending me presents.. then realised I brought them haha) & your make shift box/pieces of cardboard box were perfect especially as you padded the ponies with bubble wrap  ^.^

(yes so if you are sending wingers & don't have a box but have pieces of cardboard & lots of bubble wrap this works well, didn't really think about it until this morning though  ^.^ )
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:55:14 AM by Lollipop »
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 01:43:46 PM »
The couple of times I've shipped wingers, I've always shipped them in boxes and wrapped in bubble wrap.  Just seemed safer that way.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 07:04:31 AM »

:biggrin: ... I think they were mine!  :lol: loved the tartan wrapping paper (I was like ooo who's sending me presents.. then realised I brought them haha) & your make shift box/pieces of cardboard box were perfect especially as you padded the ponies with bubble wrap  ^.^

Yay! I'm glad that they arrived safely! :D

Offline SundanceSadie

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 01:29:40 PM »
...Update...
My first Summer Wing pony arrived safe and sound today, bubble wrapped in a box!!  :hearts: :party:

Thank you very much to all who weighed in on this!
If I hadn't asked you guys and taken your advice to get the seller to change from the padded envelope, I feel certain she would have arrived severely damaged!

Crisis averted, thanks to the arena  :grouphug:

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 01:52:47 PM »
i've had a couple wingers show up in padded envelopes and they were fine, granted the person bubblewrapped them,and had papertowels stuffed around the wings
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal