collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Reboot/new pose/G4.5 pony positivity thread  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
Re: Reboot/new pose/G4.5 pony positivity thread
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 11:31:30 PM »
I love g4.5! Everything about it to me is perfection. It is probably my favorite gen yet. I also love the way the new blindbag ponies look (like in Rarity's boutique). I was a bit unsure about the twisty hair but when I went to Target today, I grabbed all three over the brushables. So I love those too  :lol:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 03:31:22 AM »
Hm, im not sure on them yet. When the G4 came out I totally disliked them and then when I got my first one as a present (Fluttershy <3) I was hooked, lol. So I guess I need to see them in person before finally making up my mind on that. On the plus side is definitely the new variety of poses. They do look more active while most G4 poses where those "standing there" poses. Hm. Maybe thats nice, I dont know yet :)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 04:58:11 AM »
Honestly, I love the new ones. I agree with Cadance looking way off (she's always been a pony I can't really stand the design of - even in the show. too angular and too big eyes... she just looks weird to me) but I am sold when it comes to the rest of the g4.5s! I really like the new horns, they look so much more unicorn-y, and I like the dynamic poses. I will add a few of these to my collection for sure, despite not collecting g4 xD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 05:05:44 AM »
I'm still on the eh-not-quite-sure-side, but I have two that I like!

These two and Shining Armor are my faves so far. I love the proper unicorn horns and the wing poses. I'm looking forward to finding the Fluttershy with folded wings.

Elf

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 07:54:03 AM »
(The only one I can't stand is Cadance, her balloon head is just poorly designed)

Oh good, I'm not the only one.  :lookround: I swear, the very first time I saw Cadance I thought, "Okay, but what in the world would her skull look like?!"

As for the new brushables, I don't collect 'em but hey! Celestia has hocks this time!  :cool:

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 01:33:37 PM »
How exactly are these G4.5?  I searched for My Little Pony G4.5 and found nothing, and while I know that it is the toyline that governs what generation we are talking about, they just look like another updated version of G4 to me.  I mean, when G4 first had toys, they were completely inaccurate (they looked like deer), and then they suddenly looked more show accurate and more pony-like.

Isn't this, just another update?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:35:47 PM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 01:44:25 PM »
MJNSEIFER: we've discussed this before in previous threads and really, it's still up for debate now. For those of us considering this to be G4.5, we are treating this toy line the same as when G3.5 arrived. The toy line has completely changed in looks from this point going forward, and it doesn't look like they're using the old molds any more. This isn't an instance of a different type of toy, like the Crystal Ponies or the light-up princesses. This looks to be completely replacing the original line with this new line that looks more show-accurate and has more dynamic poses. Although only time will tell for sure if this is a total replacement or not.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2017, 03:20:04 PM »
I do like that they have more poses...ive considered getting a lyra and bodyswapping her with my single lyra to see how it looks :P

Ohh!! I wonder how it would look!
Oh you mean like these XD?

Sadly the base of the neck of the head is a little wider than the new molds.. However I haven't tested out with a pony of an even older line of G4 (like first wave)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:23:41 PM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline PJSparkles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Here comes PJ Sparkles!
    • View Profile
    • (A) Tumblr :)
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2017, 04:18:05 PM »
I do like that they have more poses...ive considered getting a lyra and bodyswapping her with my single lyra to see how it looks :P

Ohh!! I wonder how it would look!
Oh you mean like these XD?

Sadly the base of the neck of the head is a little wider than the new molds.. However I haven't tested out with a pony of an even older line of G4 (like first wave)

Hm, I see what you mean...I did pick up lyra today, but I think even if she looks a little wide from the front, she's quite cute when displayed with her head in profile! Also, how on earth did you get that head off? I haven't tried boiling water yet, but i'm curious if these dont come off with just a bit of effort like the original G4s do.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 04:30:17 PM »
I hated them when I first saw them announced, but when I saw them in nm person, I started liking them... I am still getting used to their heads, but they are so much more life like in their poses.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2017, 06:06:00 PM »
I like them! They are MUCH more dynamic in their poses and I can't wait to customize some ;)

I got Twilight the other day (such a great pose). I'm looking forward to owning celestia (saw her, but didn't have the $). Her wings are awesome!
Saw the three-pack with Cadence, SA, and FH....Cadance looks kinda wonky (the head is a bit too round), Pinkie's pose is great for her, but looking at it closely, it could have been proportioned a bit better, Lyra and Rarity look good
some of the noses are a bit too sharp, but I love that some have open mouths!
great wing designs!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:08:02 PM by Roogna »

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2017, 06:28:46 PM »
Hm, I see what you mean...I did pick up lyra today, but I think even if she looks a little wide from the front, she's quite cute when displayed with her head in profile! Also, how on earth did you get that head off? I haven't tried boiling water yet, but i'm curious if these dont come off with just a bit of effort like the original G4s do.
The head itself was easy enough to get off.. it was the neck plug that was a pain in the tail. I used boiling water with both parts but with the neck plug getting it out without cutting is hard.. I chose not to really cut.. somehow I got my needle tool to a point where I could just slowly separate the plug from the neck, and of course the vinyl is a bit thinner on the neck of these gals so she got two punctured spots on either side of her neck XD

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »
Thanks dreamcrystal!

Hmmm.... not only does the neck look a bit too wide, but the head itself is a bit larger than the body and looks a little off-proportion. It might work better with another pose, though? The twilight mold seems a little bigger, maybe?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2017, 08:06:25 PM »
Thanks dreamcrystal!

Hmmm.... not only does the neck look a bit too wide, but the head itself is a bit larger than the body and looks a little off-proportion. It might work better with another pose, though? The twilight mold seems a little bigger, maybe?
Maybe but I didn't see that one when I got both Lyra and Pinkie... I will note guys that the inside of the neck on the head has a ring like the slightly newer but not new mold G4s.. it can be removed to make a rehair easier.. but I'd advise heating it up and sticking it right back onto the neck plug.. it worked for me and the translucent G4s and the head doesn't fall off *so far*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal