collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cancer on Lanard Ponytales?  (Read 241 times)

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Cancer on Lanard Ponytales?
« on: January 27, 2017, 07:28:34 AM »
Hi all,

I was looking at my Lanard Ponytales Rapunzel last night and I noticed a brown spot on the underside of her tail which I'm afraid is cancer. I took some photos and noticed there is a tiny spot on her right forefoot as well. Has anyone else experienced this? She sits on top my PC so theoretically it could be from heat, but it's on a raised plastic area near the front which I have never found to get warm. It doesn't really affect her display as it's on the bottom when she's standing but I'm worried it could spread. I think she is solid vinyl rather than hollow - do I do anything different in terms of trying to manage it?

I'm pretty gutted as she's only a few years old and I haven't had a lot of issues with cancer so far, apart from one of my childhood G1s that was stored at my parents' house. :(

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cancer on Lanard Ponytales?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 09:18:18 AM »
The shape and colour of those don't look like age spots, more like something dirty got rubbed across the plastic. *ponder*
Have you tried cleaning it off with something like a Magic Eraser?  If it's just surface stain that might take care of things.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cancer on Lanard Ponytales?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:27:05 AM »
I used up my last magic eraser awhile ago but I can grab another one and give it a shot. I tried the usual cleaning methods and a (brief) Oxy scrub but it didn't seem to change much. It's difficult to tell as it is still fairly faint. Maybe a longer Oxy bath would help...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal