collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gift for a new Mum with C Section!  (Read 1503 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Gift for a new Mum with C Section!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 12:06:24 PM »
as a side note -
halicabi, what an adorable sig drawn by your child!  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 12:57:02 AM »
Big knickers and a freezer full of easy-to-cook food. Paper plates (I don't do plastic if it's unnecessary.) I could NOT stay in bed after my c-section (that's just me) and my favourite item in the days after my son being born was big knickers. Giant sanitary pads to pop over the wound, big knickers to hold it all in place and not rub. If she will be in hospital for a while then a little mirror with tweezers and eyeliner - people just pop over and they want their pic taken with you, and there is NOTHING worse than feeling like crap then worrynig about a monobrow on top :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 01:20:11 AM »
Giant sanitary pads to pop over the wound, big knickers to hold it all in place and not rub.

my NCT (birthing) group suggested buying a large pack of  men's boxer shorts from Primark (cheap UK clothing store) but I ended up getting disposable stretchy panties from Boots the chemist. Maternity pads were a MUST! I was doing daily walks as gentle exercise but found that I would bleed slightly heavier after the walk finished, so I went through many.

Not a "pretty" gift to give, lol, but I ended up giving a few unused packs to my friend in hospital who ended up having an emergency c-section (along with a couple of fully-front-opening nighties) - she was there for a week + so appreciated these useful + urgent items as they were not things that they had planned to buy! I also had a spare baby bodysuit (long sleeves, closed toes) and gave that to her as she was told that they could not move their baby out of the ward unless he was dressed like this (??? odd) - she only had short sleeved baby suits.   :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal