collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you wear glasses or contact lenses?

Yes, I usually wear glasses
198 (43.6%)
Yes, I usually wear contact lenses
43 (9.5%)
Yes, I'll wear one or the other, depending on what I'm doing
50 (11%)
No, my vision has always been perfect
100 (22%)
No, although I probably should
43 (9.5%)
No, I've had surgery to correct my vision
20 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 391

Author Topic: Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those peepers?  (Read 8072 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those peepers?
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2017, 08:27:47 PM »
I wear glasses. One eye is nearsighted and the other is farsighted so one lense is always thicker than the other. I am due for an eye exam soon. I've had these glasses for over five years. Probably why I am a bad nighttime driver.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2017, 11:12:52 PM »
Glasses. Havent had contacts since the late 90's.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 02:50:47 AM »
Glasses here :)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2017, 05:44:35 AM »
I had LASIK a while ago. I love it! My eyesight never was terrible. I didn't have glasses/contacts until I was in high school. But it's nice not to have to worry about it.

Wow! ive been wearing glasses since i was 8. ive always wanted to lasik, but i dont know if it is worth it, the pain, etc. Also, i have a high risk of glaucoma so i dont know if i even should. I keep forgeting to ask my eye doctor.

Did u do it one eye at a time? how was your experience?:)

I did both eyes at the same time. It wasn't painful at all. I had my husband do his a year before me because I was a chicken. But his turned out so well I went for it. He gets halos (headlights and streetlights emits halos for him) at night sometimes because of it but he's gotten used to it. It can happen as a result of this procedure. But both of us are happy. Just be sure to go somewhere accredited.

BTW, my Dad has a high risk of glaucoma. He might even have it already and have had surgery for it, I don't remember. And he had lasik.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:48:19 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 09:24:46 AM »
I wear glasses when I have to see things from far away.  Like the tv or a sign when im in the car and have to read out what street is coming up.

Im on the line...like ON the line for being able to drive with or without glasses--if I ever decide I want to learn how (MA is accident prone and theres a whole thing surrounding that so..yeah).  Im sure another year or two and id have to legally wear them.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 10:07:10 AM »
I mainly wear contacts now and I actually need a new pair of glasses since mine are old and busted. I have to see the doctor pretty often because my eyesight is awful and have to stay on top of it.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 04:18:18 PM »
I got glasses when I was 26.  I hadn't been to the eye doctor for quite a few years and my mom suggested I go because she saw me squinting.  I was surprised to hear that I needed glasses.  I need to wear them all the time, except in bed and in the shower.  Once I got my glasses, my headaches lessened quite a bit.  I would really like to get Lasik, but with Lupus it might not be a good idea. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2017, 07:02:38 PM »
Surprisingly I have never needed glasses. :whoa:

My MLP Tumblr

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2017, 09:26:41 PM »
my vision is just fine! i'll probably need glasses or contacts or something when i get older though, it runs in the family.
Same here -- I expect to need glasses when I get older, but don't need them right now. That's a good thing because I'd probably want to wear contacts and putting them in has always freaked me out, ever since I was little and watched my older brother struggle to put his in when he was learning :/

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2017, 08:26:40 AM »
I've needed glasses since I was about 12 but was then told I only needed them for close work and driving which was fine up until about 4 years ago when it became apparent that I needed something full time and I hated glasses so gave contacts a go and haven't looked back (Pardon the pun there!)

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2017, 08:32:48 AM »
I've needed corrective lenses since 2nd grade, possibly earlier. When I was younger, about every 3-6 months I would tell my mother we had to go back to the eye doctor, because I couldn't read the VCR from the couch. Luckily, the changes slowed way down and I was finally able to get contacts for my high school graduation. I've never looked back.

Currently, I use my glasses to find my contacts in the morning and my bed at night. Without them, I'd be close to legally blind. I certainly wouldn't want to be driving.

I admit that Lasik interests me. I worry about the cost but I would really like to know what it feels like to open my eyes in the middle of the night and actually see things, instead of masses of darker and slightly lighter blurred shapes. I mean, I know that's probably my bookcase, but don't ask me where the actual shelves are on it.

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2017, 09:48:05 PM »
I went from 20/10 to 20/20. If my sight keeps going like this... I might need reading glasses when I'm old. So tragic... *dodges garbage thrown at her*

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2017, 09:04:08 AM »
I had really good eyesight for a long time and all of the sudden I could not see to read.  It has gotten worse and worse to the point I can't really see anything up close as it is a big blur.  I have glasses and use them constantly. I also have to have a magnifying glass for small things like threading a needle and stuff like that.  Its a huge bummer. I want to have surgery on my eyes to fix this because, it is getting on my nerves.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2017, 01:54:05 AM »
My eyes have been tested last years and I should be wearing glasses. Though at the time I had no proper ensurance to cover the cost. In the Netherlands you can choose different ensurance "packages" which covers certain medical needs like extra dental care etc. I never had issues with my eyes untill a few years ago when I noticed I was always squinting to see or read things in the distance, not even that far actalualy. People always told me I look angry. So I tested my eyes and afterwards the lady told me to look around in the optician store for a frame. I told her I wasn't sure if my ensurance covered glasses so I told her I'd come back, but I never did.

My eyesight isn't that horrible. But it begins to bother me and seems to get slightly worse as time goes by. So I probably should go back.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2017, 08:06:30 AM »
So far I'm in the small percentage of my family to not need glasses. I do need to make an eye doctor appointment though, I've never been and it's not super high on my priority list. So it's been being pushed off for about 2 years now?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal