Pony Talk > Off Topic

Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those peepers?

(1/15) > >>

SourdoughStomper:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I've been wearing glasses since I was a kid. Perhaps the 3rd grade? I have a brief dalliance with contacts about a decade ago. I liked them well enough, but it made my eyes and head feel a little funny if I looked at a computer screen for a long time while wearing them. When the lenses wore out, I didn't renew my prescription and just stick to glasses. Perhaps I will get them again someday, but I don't have an optometrist. I just order my glasses online.

How's about you? :)

Mewtwofan1:
My eyesight has always been good, however I did have surgery to fix a strabismus in my left eye.  If I didn't get it fixed, I would look like setup hooves. But blind in one eye...

Mkia:
I mainly wear contacts, but I just got a new pair of glasses so I'll wear those when I don't have my contacts in.

dashesndots:
My eyesight is *almost* perfect.  My right eye is like 20-30 or something, but my left eye makes up for it, so I have 20-20 overall. 

I always joke with the eye doctor (who always writes me a prescription just in case) that I will have to order a monocle, haha. 

Pokeyonekenobie:
I got glasses in 2nd grade and wore them for 20 years.  I was never a candidate for laser surgery because my eyes were too bad.  Laser surgery basically sculpts your cornea so if your cornea are too thin, it will just punch holes through them--not a good alternative.  In 2009 my eye doctor told me about Varisyse.  Basically, it's permanent contact lenses.  They open up your eye, slip in the lens and sew up your eye again.  Then they can use lasik to fine tune your sight.  My prescription was -10 in one eye and -12 in the other.  It is now 20/20 and has been for about 7 years.  According to the surgeon who did my eyes, they can do Varisyse on people with a prescription of up to -24, so people who are legally blind can get this done and have success seeing again.  Though he did also say that people who were in the range for lasik found that they preferred just doing lasik over Varisyse. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version