collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Soon there won't be any ponies for me to buy new in shops  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Soon there won't be any ponies for me to buy new in shops
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »
I personally like the new reboot series(another in the group who won't be calling them 4.5)

My Comrade! Let's go over there and play with our bespecticled Raritys, accurately eyed Applejacks & contrasting Pinkie Pies

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2017, 05:25:57 AM »
I think the test of 4.5 will be whether the kids take to them. I think what bothers me about them most is that they are toys-from-cartoon and old MLP was toy-inspired-cartoon. The onus was the opposite way around. But that may appeal to the kids or it may not.

I've seen a lot of these new ponies now and I am not really attracted to any of them. But I do like that Lyra is one of the basic brushables from the off. Lyra has been so annoying in the UK in terms of distribution, it's really quite refreshing that she;s included in something and on shelves properly.

I'm not planning on buying any of these though. I like the more active poses and variations, but I am not a fan of the head moulds. I'm old school, and I believe in toy-inspires-animation, not toy-represents-animation, so thats just my preference.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2017, 07:12:38 AM »
I don't really like the reboot ones so i'm not going to buy them.It doesn't really matter to me anyway since i mostly buy g1s.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2017, 08:21:31 AM »
FWIW I'm not a fan of G3.5 or these new ponies (G4.5, reboot, whatever you want to call them.. wasn't there the same argument about "what do we call it" when G3.5 started up? :P) but I definitely prefer G4.5 if I had to choose between the two. G3.5 is just.. bleh. At least these new ones aren't TOO different, they're still not my thing, but still. XD /ramble

My sympathies to those who don't like them. But hey, more money to invest in other collections or in other ponies, right?

Haha, right! I just keep telling myself this XD

I'm old school, and I believe in toy-inspires-animation, not toy-represents-animation, so thats just my preference.

Here, here!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2017, 10:37:48 AM »
I'm feeling this way about pretty much anything new on shelves for toylines these days...  QC is terrible...  when you compare it to what we USED to be able to buy in toys!

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »
I suppose I've never been drawn to G4 toys. I was drawn to the cartoon, but the toys never impressed me. Seeing as I really got into MLP that way, and then got into the G3 toys a few years ago, this has *always* been a problem for me. The toys they have out in shops aren't the ones I want, and it's always been that way.

Regardless, my pony buying days are over for the foreseeable future, since I went back to school. When I got into collecting, I was not in school and could spend the money I wanted.

|My Collection|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2017, 12:19:08 PM »
I'm feeling this way about pretty much anything new on shelves for toylines these days...  QC is terrible...  when you compare it to what we USED to be able to buy in toys!

This so much..... just some of the ones I have seen have been less than impressive. At this point I would rather get them second hand.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 12:38:13 PM »
*sigh*  I'm not fond of the G4/5/reboot, either. 

I was hoping to like them; I'd gotten so bored with G4.  But, no, I'm not thrilled with the redesign.  I'm happy that some people like them, but personally, I feel like they're...  out of proportion?  They just look odd to me and cheaply designed, to boot.

I wish that Hasbro would do what others toy designers have done and release retro designs alongside their new designs.  Strawberry Shortcake is doing a great job with that and I feel like both fans are covered.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »
*sigh*  I'm not fond of the G4/5/reboot, either. 

I was hoping to like them; I'd gotten so bored with G4.  But, no, I'm not thrilled with the redesign.  I'm happy that some people like them, but personally, I feel like they're...  out of proportion?  They just look odd to me and cheaply designed, to boot.

I wish that Hasbro would do what others toy designers have done and release retro designs alongside their new designs.  Strawberry Shortcake is doing a great job with that and I feel like both fans are covered.  :)
agree.

i am on the hunt for the retro G1's that came out early 2000s but at the time so many people hated them.
im really hoping they will do something like that again, i really wish they would be more adventurous with mlp.

in the mean time i agree with so many in that we are now saving money or have more money to go on other things.

also another thing to add is that future releases will be hairless or shell i say have molded hair, iv notice a decline of mlp toys that have lovely hair to brush and style, i thought that was the purpose of mlp

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal