collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Soon there won't be any ponies for me to buy new in shops  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Soon there won't be any ponies for me to buy new in shops
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 01:57:19 PM »
I've felt like that since 1994. I've had ponies from the other generations, but none of them are G1 and so none of them really work for me in the same way.

I've only had access to a TRU since moving across London. They're really badly distributed and so often on retail parks which if you don't drive are a pain to get to.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 08:28:55 PM »
I'm lucky to have one within cycling range!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 11:38:13 PM »
The 4.5's look like rodents to me. Just sayin. LOL!
I'm going to keep working on my G1's and my G4 brushables but I probably won't be buying 4.5.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 12:45:38 AM »
I stopped buying ponies in store mid g3. I still buy one I fancy everyone and then, but for the most part, I just skip them. I do however always look at the pony aisle when I'm in store just in case I see something that's cute! That's how I ended up with most of my G4 ponies. The rest I bought online because it's cheaper.

It's not as fun as it used to be, that's for sure. I remember buying and saving for every g3 pony! Then once butterfly island came about I slowed down and only bought the ones I liked, and by the time g3.5 had came out I wasn't buying any from the shelves. :/ saves me money and allows me to focus on G1 and other collections! The last pony I bought in store was zecora!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 07:59:54 AM »
Wow, so many of us are stopping because if the redesign. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. The G4 hype train has definitely slowed to a crawl. I felt from the moment I received my set of pearly brushables from eBay that maybe they were the last I would add to my collection. I still plan to pay attention to new releases for a bit just in case a new character comes out that catches my eye but it's an interesting feeling after having collected for the past 5-6 years to look at my shelf and seeing it as complete. It's a relief overall but I will miss the excitement.

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 03:40:07 PM »
These G4.5 things are hideous! I was never a huge fan of G4 to begin with but these? Good side, it keeps the pocketbook from emptying out so fast!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2017, 04:13:17 PM »
yeah im feeling your pain too. since the g4 brushable came out i always had something to look forward too and to look out for but now there isn't a single thing.
equestria girls; im not getting into the EQGD minis and they dont sell the normal big ones, they went months ago,
 blind bags; we only get 1 in every 3 waves that come out which is both weird and very annoying but also they are $6each here which is too expensive for a piece of plastic plus i can't see the codes to well.
G4.5; not doing, iv collected all the normal g4 brushable and those new ones are just too ugly.
aaaaand the little story packs they dont sell here either anymore, there is too much we (and other country's) are missing out on and iv spent so much and traded so much to get stuff that never made it here, so im sitting out on anything that comes out now...............its kind of sad after all these years

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2017, 05:04:24 PM »
I really dislike the new pointed noses.  And it looks like they are still giving all the unicorns the same evil looking slanted eyes.  why can't any of the unis have sweet eyes like the earth and pegs?

Nesferxty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2017, 07:29:03 PM »
I collected the G4s when they first came out but I sold my whole collection a few years ago. Now I've started collecting again I don't think I'll be bothering with any of the G4s and definitely not the 4.5. There is just something off about them. But I suppose it makes my bank manager happy as that's one less thing to spend money on!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2017, 08:55:36 AM »
yeah im feeling your pain too. since the g4 brushable came out i always had something to look forward too and to look out for but now there isn't a single thing.
equestria girls; im not getting into the EQGD minis and they dont sell the normal big ones, they went months ago,
 blind bags; we only get 1 in every 3 waves that come out which is both weird and very annoying but also they are $6each here which is too expensive for a piece of plastic plus i can't see the codes to well.
G4.5; not doing, iv collected all the normal g4 brushable and those new ones are just too ugly.
aaaaand the little story packs they dont sell here either anymore, there is too much we (and other country's) are missing out on and iv spent so much and traded so much to get stuff that never made it here, so im sitting out on anything that comes out now...............its kind of sad after all these years

Yessss to all of this :( I miss EQG. Blind bags aren't too expensive over here but they do take ages to come out (either there's months between waves or they release two waves at once and it's hard to find them all, there's no in between >_<) and also they split the waves into two which is just bizarre + very annoying.

We get the story packs over here, but for some reason they don't sell the single ponies over here (like Maud, Luna, etc) and half the time they're the only ones I'm interested in :( It's the end of an era..

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 10:25:30 AM »
I personally like the new reboot series(another in the group who won't be calling them 4.5) Less competition now. I get tired of never being able to find new releases because they're sold out.  :P Though I will forever be mad about how poorly designed the new gala outfits are. I just wanted gala outfits!  -_- But the pony mold themselves...I like. Aside from Cadance. Too balloon-y, even in person.

My sympathies to those who don't like them. But hey, more money to invest in other collections or in other ponies, right?

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 10:46:02 AM »
Not loving th G4.5's, though I did see a custom Fluffle Puff on one which was quite cute. I shall continue working on my older gen ponies until its over.

I wonder if this was the same reaction when G3.5 came out???

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 10:50:51 AM »
I hated the G2 (find them looking like anorexic giraffes) and the G3,5 (the deformed huge heads..yuck). Never collected the G3 either, but i have a few home.

G4 somehow grew on me, but i'm not sure at all either about the 4,5....
Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 10:55:47 AM »
Not loving th G4.5's, though I did see a custom Fluffle Puff on one which was quite cute. I shall continue working on my older gen ponies until its over.

I wonder if this was the same reaction when G3.5 came out???

The reaction for G3.5 was much worse. I'd say this is closer to the reaction that the original style G4 had. There were quite a few complaints about how they were small and cheap and "didn't look like horses" but there was still a good amount of fans. Almost nobody liked G3.5.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 06:52:53 PM »
I'm sad aswell. :/ My ponies live across the country with my mother for now while I live with my boyfriend, until we move to the sames state and I can be reunited with them. I stopped collecting them about three years ago anyway though, when the quality rapidly declined, G4 MLP became nothing but a line for Bronies and pop culture "nerdz" and idk, it jsut kinda ruined ponies for me. I liked G4 for a while, but it went south pretty fast. I have almost 300 ponies I do believe.
Then I picked up Monster High and fell in love with not only that line, but dolls in general. i have nearly 100 dolls, mostly MH but a few random other dolls.

However... As another user said, ALL toy lines seem to be declining across the boards. I jumped ship on MLP a few years ago and decided my collection will stay as is maybe one or two additions or so, who knows. But now MH just rebooted and it's... pretty bad. A few are okay but mostly not.

So now the two toy lines I really loved are essentially dead in my eyes, and the fun of going into toy stores or aisles and looking at new stuff and maybe getting something is gone. :/ Honestly I just walk straight through toy aisles now, skimming until I find something I like, but I never do, so I always walk right back out again in about 2 seconds. Makes me sad.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal