collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Soon there won't be any ponies for me to buy new in shops  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Soon there won't be any ponies for me to buy new in shops
« on: January 26, 2017, 03:09:32 AM »
For the first time since I started collecting again. I'm not planning to buy in to 4.5 so I'm feeling quite sad that soon I won't be able to just walk in to TRU and find ponies to buy! Other collectors must have gone through similar times when there were no ponies that they fancied in the shops. My collection does kinda need to stop growing now though because I've run out of space  :blush:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
Re: Soon there won't be any ponies for me to buy new in shops
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:13:34 AM »
I know how you feel! I saw the "4.5" ponies for the first time in a shop yesterday and I just couldn't get enthusiastic about them. I'd hoped seeing them in real life might have changed my opinions and make me want at least a few, but it doesn't seem to have worked. There are still normal G4s around, but I can't find pearlised wave 3 anywhere which makes me think many shops have just skipped them. As much as I still love my ponies, I think I'm going to start focusing on actively buying for my other collections

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 05:18:58 AM »
I haven't seen the G4.5 in shops yet but the pics of them on the internet aren't exactly making me have grabby hands right now. I will say that I like that they've made Cadence in the correct colors for the show instead of bubblegum pink, and that she has her purple wings back, I also love that their is a family pack with Cadence , Shining armor and their baby... but the proportions look.... :yikes: 
I hope they look nicer IRL :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 05:24:43 AM »
I'm still short of some really HTF G1 accessories, and I have some resotres/alts to finish so I guess I'll just be focussing on those! But part of me really likes a pony trip out.  Maybe G4s will start appearing in thrift shops soon and I can go out and look for those.  I don't mind commons if I find them in the charity shop! I found some G3s the other week or more accurately my Mum did.  So it's not all doom and gloom.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 05:44:23 AM »
I know what you mean. It sucked quite a bit when the lack of quality drove me away from G4. Sadly I've had to give up most modern toy brands, not just ponies. Quality just keeps getting worse across the board ): It sucks. There's just something fun about going to the toy store and picking out a new toy! Its not the same to buy off of Amazon or whatever even though packages are fun too.

I might get a G4.5 or two, just to keep my collection rounded, but I doubt I'd spend retail prices. Maybe from China off eBay or a thrift store. And only with a closed mouth! The open mouth is a thing of nightmares :yikes:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 05:48:57 AM »
Yeah, I'm in the same boat :( The G4.5s I've seen so far just don't do it for me and I really don't like Guardians of Harmony.. I mean I guess I could warm up to them later (I didn't like G4 much at first, after all), but atm I'm kinda unsure what to do. I'm not really into most of the new Monster High dolls either so in a way, I kinda hope something new comes out soon, haha.. buying stuff online is nice but there's just something about being able to go into a store and pick something out yourself, y'know?

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 05:55:28 AM »
Same here, I really am not liking the G4.5s. We've been getting most of the Guardians line that was like.

I wasn't big on G4s when they first came out, but seeing them in person, they grew on me. Seeing the G4.5s in person is just confirming I don't care for the style (or the articulated ones). Maybe one or two might really catch my eye down the road, but for now there's no plans to buy any.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 06:01:36 AM »
I'm sort of in the same boat.

I'm not a fan of the articulated GoH toys and I've only gotten thefan seres figures from that line (Celestia, NMM, Chrysalis). The only sets I've gotten with the new molds (I refuse to call them 4.5) are Celestia and Rainbow Dash. I'm not super eager to get the rest, especially sine I ordered a loose set of them all from China a few months back.

I've been telling my husband that I miss going out regularly to look for new releases of ponies, but I guess it's okay. I can focus on my other collections and finish off my G1 and G3 want lists.
Instagram / Want List

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 06:35:34 AM »
I'm stopping with the G4 line also.   I've seen some of the G4.5s in stores, and a few aren't bad. But I don't like the ones with the open mouths, and Lyra is just freakin' scary!!    :shocked:   

So I'm not collecting G4.5's.....and I'm a little bit sad, but also relieved  :)   More space and money for the generations that I enjoy much more!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 07:35:26 AM »
I bought the two G4.5's that I thought were cute from a Chinese ebay seller. I wanted them, but I did not want to give hasbro my money for them since I am over all unhappy with the new look. I'm hoping they will get better as the line progresses.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 07:54:25 AM »
I'm with you. And I know it's kind of crappy to say but I'll be kind of glad when FiM/G4 is over and G5 comes along because I got high hopes that they'll go back to something similar to G1 or G3. Until then, I can put my pony collecting on a slow down. I still love G4 and enjoy getting some of the older ones I don't have but I've been burnt out on the main 6 for years now and the reboot/g4.5 kind of put the nail in the coffin.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 09:09:23 AM »
I'm with you. And I know it's kind of crappy to say but I'll be kind of glad when FiM/G4 is over and G5 comes along because I got high hopes that they'll go back to something similar to G1 or G3. Until then, I can put my pony collecting on a slow down. I still love G4 and enjoy getting some of the older ones I don't have but I've been burnt out on the main 6 for years now and the reboot/g4.5 kind of put the nail in the coffin.

Beautiful picture of David you have there.  Will you keep working on other aspects of your collection?

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 10:34:37 AM »
If it helps I've seen them in person and I don't really mind them and they've fixed a few inaccuracies that were left standing for quite a long time (like Applejack's eyes, one of the most recent releases finally gives her properly shaped eyes), the proportions aren't all that different either; they've made the bodies slightly smaller and the heads slightly larger, I think the reason why so many people feel it looks off is because the face is rounder so the transition from the neck to the head isn't as smooth as it was with the previous set.

There's always the Guardians of Harmony line though, those are really accurate and a second set is beginning to appear now

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 10:41:50 AM »
I hated the open mouth too but someone on instagram makes cute customs using G4 and they recently did one using one of the new open mouth molds and they painted in the tongue and it just looks so much better.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPqgs9EAIs3/
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 11:31:16 AM »
Reminds me of big lots around here toys have been reduced to two shelves facing one another, they only had six ponies last time five ribbon in hair ones, and one pearly that was fluttershy. Where am I gonna find the rest of the pearly ones?  Also there are no TRU, or toys r us around me at all. The only other place is walmart ,and I have not checked back in ages.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal