collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: barbie sized babies  (Read 844 times)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
barbie sized babies
« on: January 22, 2017, 08:02:55 PM »
Does anyone have any idea of a cheaper easier to find baby to use with barbie? Krissy and barbie infants are so rare and hard to come by. I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money on babies. I'd rather get them cheaper. Any ideas? Thanks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: barbie sized babies
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 10:23:52 PM »
Krissy and the good, old little newborns are the best but man do I feel your pain! I haven't found anything that compares quality wise without the high price tag, but here's a few alternatives I own.

- Simba newborns. I got a set of like 12 super cheap from China on eBay. One arrived in pieces and I think another was legless but it was still a good deal.

- Cabbage Patch Minis. A bit harder to match stylistically, but still cute! I think they were discontinued years ago though so I'm not sure what they cost now. I got mine in early 2013. My two are pictured with a Liv doll. Toybox Philosopher review.

- Not a specific brand, but keep an eye on eBay (and the Arena). You can find some good deals on off-brand, vintage, unpopular, or fakie babies that work just fine. I have a handful of them but they haven't been photographed. Often you can score them REALLY cheap! I don't think any of mine cost more than $1. Last time I looked, like 2+ years ago, eBay had a good selection from Chinese sellers at super good prices.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 03:26:27 AM »
I'm not sure what search words I should use on ebay to find the Simba babies. I really like them actually. Do they come in different races? I have a lot of black barbies and Asian barbies. I don't mind ordering from china but I just can't seem to find them on ebay.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 07:22:51 PM »
I found them years ago by searching stuff like "barbie baby" allll the time. A lot of knockoffs/other brands showed up on the ebay.com page where it shows stuff based on your searches. I mostly look up Barbie baby stuff on eBay so I get a ton of those.

Adding "Steffi" or "Steffi Love" might help, but it might not. Maybe "miniature baby" or "dollhouse baby"? I'll see if I can find them and if I do I'll PM you :)

The only skintones I've seen for the Simba babies are the three in my photo. I don't know if they made any AA Steffi Love dolls (a quick Google search isn't finding much) or if fakies were made in more skintones. Unfortunately its super hard to find more diverse skintones in Barbie-sized babies/toddlers, and even kids to some degree, if you don't want to pay the crazy prices for Barbie babies. I know if Mommy-to-be Judith who comes in an AA variety with an AA baby, but I don't know how much the babies cost or how hard they are to find.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:14:09 AM »
Update! So I ordered a fisher price Loving Family dollhouse baby and it turns out my hunch was right. It is almost exactly the same size as Krissy! I'm gonna be hunting down a bunch of different ones of these for my little doll families. Here's a few pictures.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 08:08:19 PM »
That Fisher Price baby looks great! I'll have to grab a few myself :D

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 08:57:54 AM »
I recommend them for sure! I actually like them better than Krissy. They are harder, without the string legs that Krissy has and a lot of them come with bottles right on their hand so you can pose them without having to hunt down accessories!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal