collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does this postage sound alright? (UK to AUS) RESOLVED  (Read 882 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Does this postage sound alright? (UK to AUS) RESOLVED
« on: January 22, 2017, 02:02:32 AM »
I just wanted to double check if this postage quote sounds correct? I've not bought from the UK in a while so I don't know if prices have increased.

The item is a single Sweetie Pup, which I'd guess is about Big Brother pony weight and size at most, and the quote is £11 Standard International.

I tried to use the Royal Mail online calculator and came up with about 5-6£, so about half what I've been quoted. But when I check eBay for similar items the postage was about what the seller has quoted me.

So does £11 sound fair and correct? (It really has been ages since I've bought something from the UK lol)

Cheers  ^.^
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:52:47 PM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does this postage sound alright? (UK to AUS)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 02:39:52 AM »
That does sound high for international standard, it is normally about £5-6 to send a pony. It would be about £11 with tracking. Are they using the global shipping programme as that inflates prices?
The Royal Mail website find a price will give you the correct amount to check if you know the weight - looks like you have tried that!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 05:18:59 AM »
That does sound high for international standard, it is normally about £5-6 to send a pony. It would be about £11 with tracking. Are they using the global shipping programme as that inflates prices?
The Royal Mail website find a price will give you the correct amount to check if you know the weight - looks like you have tried that!

Thanks for the info icecreamgirl. :) I didn't actually know the weight, I just made an educated guess since I don't have any loose sweetie pups with me right now. I don't know if they're using the GSP. I asked for a postage quote several days before the auction ended, and they only sent me one with an updated invoice a day after I won.

I honestly felt it was too high, maybe they're disappointed with the  price she sold for (I was the only bidder)... But I also don't want them to refuse to sell to me because I question high shipping cost, that's why I'm asking opinions here first. :huh:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline ponytales

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 08:26:25 AM »
UK seller here  ^.^

All my ponies go out in boxes and are sent as 'small parcels'. The weight for most ponies (if there's only 1 in the box) will always be under 500 grams, and that includes the protective packaging that's also gone in the box. So something like a Big Brother should come under this. Even if sent in a bubble envelope, it should still be classed as a small parcel.

As for the price, if I recall, Australia for Standard Airmail without tracking/signature does vary between £6-£9. If the service is sent with a tracking number/signature, it would probably be around the £11 mark, possibly a bit more depending on the actual weight. But it's very unlikely that the equivalent of one pony - even a Big Brother or Mountain Boy - would be over 500 grams, regardless of it's in a box or an envelope.

So £11 to Australia is reasonable if it's being sent with a tracking number. If not, I would think it would be a few pounds less :)

I hope that helps xx
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:28:13 AM by ponytales »
Currently seeking Italian Blue Lickety Split :inlove:

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »
Thanks so much Ponytales, that was great information. I've sent the seller a message asking if the price is correct and whether they're sending with tracking/signature, since the eBay invoice didn't mention anything of the sort. I hope I came off as polite in the message.

I just thought, I should have asked if it's being sent in a box too *snacks forehead* it'll probably be fine though.
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 10:22:41 AM »
Sadly yeah, it does sound like it's about right, as others have said. I think Australia is World Zone 2, which means generally higher price costs anyway.

If it was GSP the seller wouldn't be quoting, Ebay would, and the seller wouldn't be able to do anything about it. They would only get the money to send to the depot. (I saw a guy doing this at the post office the other day. They were confused, he was confused, and I really wonder how much less stress it is for him to do that than send it direct to the buyer in whatever country)

But it sounds like Royal Mail pricing with tracking.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 05:52:07 PM »
Thanks everyone for the answers. The seller got back to me applogising for the mistake and thanking me for picking up on it. The method they were going to post by was Standard International but they'd accidentally quoted me for tracked/signed. All paid an resolved, I'll be very happy when my pup arrives. ^.^
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal