collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official KNEX MLP Sets this year  (Read 559 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Official KNEX MLP Sets this year
« on: January 21, 2017, 08:03:54 PM »
Sorry if this is a duplicate, I didn't see any right away about this.

I won't post the link but there are official MLP KNEX sets coming out!  I love building block systems and normally I would be CRAZYWILD about this.  But it's just not clicking for me.  Maybe they look too preschool?  Maybe I'm a Lego/Kreo snob and can't get into KNEX?

Other opinions?  (I'd post the link with photos but I think we're not supposed to?)

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
Re: Official KNEX MLP Sets this year
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 12:07:21 AM »
I looked it up and found the pictures. Those are really cute to me! I love building sets. My mom loves minions so I always buy her the mega blok sets and build them because nothing I like comes in building sets  :lol:
Now I can get my own!
I do wish they were a bit more complex.. They do look very simple possibly aiming for children very young.
Hopefully they could up the complexity a little as the line establishes more? Either way I'll probably end up purchasing them.

Also a sidenote- the ponies remind me of the pop ponies released by hasbro.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:46:03 PM »
*siiiiiiigh*  well that is depressing as all get out.  My family is LEGO  purist - we are members of Calgary LEGO Train Club...  nothing Megablocks or KNex or KRIO or any of those other brands makes it past the front door LOL
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 01:23:57 PM »
*siiiiiiigh*  well that is depressing as all get out.  My family is LEGO  purist - we are members of Calgary LEGO Train Club...  nothing Megablocks or KNex or KRIO or any of those other brands makes it past the front door LOL
I'm sure you can always find away to sneak them in lol
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 04:47:02 PM »

From what I gave heard they are under the "Tinkertoy" label. They are about as similar to LEGO as Lincoln Logs. As long as they aren't brick based they are a totally different toy imho. Otherwise it would be like saying you can't have Barbies because you are a MLP purist.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 06:30:57 PM »

From what I gave heard they are under the "Tinkertoy" label. They are about as similar to LEGO as Lincoln Logs. As long as they aren't brick based they are a totally different toy imho. Otherwise it would be like saying you can't have Barbies because you are a MLP purist.

ya maybe that's what I'm stuck on - they're more like tinkertoys than traditional "knex"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal