collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else worried about the 2017 fair??!!  (Read 2875 times)

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
Re: Is anyone else worried about the 2017 fair??!!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 05:23:15 PM »
Popping in to say...I can't say much, but please please trust me on this. Collectors are going to be happy, former Fair vendors are going to be happy. This is a win, win for us!

Huminahuminahuminahuminahsdbihsdhgdffwkamsnc! I feel like a kid anticipating a surprise birthday party, here. :)

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 05:50:26 PM »
i know i know i love the fair hype......

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 06:16:47 PM »
*Fingers Crossed* I really don't want it combined with Hascon. I am not interested in the other toys they push and would really just be interested in only a Pony Fair ;)

Online pandorarose3

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 03:48:14 AM »
I just wish they will give more information other than its in September.  I mean it gives me more time to save up time off from my full-time job but not knowing where it is that is what is killing me.  Because I need to get clearance to go from my orthopedic.  Plus with it being in September means it may mean cooler weather, which is bad for me as with my knee condition I need to wear shorter pants in order to be comfortable.

Also, I just hope it is still a separate thing as it has always been.  That has always been its appeal and pleasure to go to just for that reason.
Find the Original My Little Pony Talk Show only on blogtalkradio.com http://www.blogtalkradio.com/My-Little-Pony-Talk  We are live every Monday night at 8pm Eastern time.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 07:13:34 PM »
As far as when/where HasCon is, the only information that's been posted is here:

http://hascon.hasbro.com/

So if you need to get cleared medically, might as well do it for Providence RI  (RI Convention Center & Dunkin Donuts Center) for that weekend just in case the Fair is associated with it.   

There's no confirmation the Fair will be linked to HasCon, but if Summer says collectors and former vendors will be happy with what she's working on, then I'm going to bet there's a special dedicated event that's  for us collectors and vendors -- whether it's linked to or apart from the Hasbro convention.   If the Fair was totally absorbed into HasCon like people are fearing, they wouldn't need Summer's help.  And I don't think she'd be reassuring us.

I'm keeping the whole month of September open just in case  ^_^

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:10:41 PM by ashlyne »

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • Toy Collector on Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 08:49:08 PM »
I just wish they will give more information other than its in September.  I mean it gives me more time to save up time off from my full-time job but not knowing where it is that is what is killing me.  Because I need to get clearance to go from my orthopedic.  Plus with it being in September means it may mean cooler weather, which is bad for me as with my knee condition I need to wear shorter pants in order to be comfortable.

Also, I just hope it is still a separate thing as it has always been.  That has always been its appeal and pleasure to go to just for that reason.

If its going to be in RI, which I'm guessing Hascon is...you probably do not need to worry about cooler weather. I went to college in RI, and let me tell you, September is hot! Its just as bad as August XD

And also I never understand why autographs create such a rift. You don't have to get one, and like Kitkat said, all the money goes to the guest. I've definitely paid more for autographs, and also seen them charge MUCH more. I think its one more thing you can choose to do or not!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Takara Ponies & Clothing

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 02:13:33 AM »
Please trust Sweettune. She's a superstar for a reason!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 08:13:48 AM »
As someone who has volunteered at cons in Dallas, I can tell you as far as autograph prices go, those are generally set by each guest's management/booking team - and as kitkatvintage mentioned, convention organizers don't really make profit off that. And the idea to have a backcard signed is a great one! Or having a gift tag type of thing signed that you maybe tie around a pony's neck with a ribbon, or use as a nameplate type of thing displayed by a pony? Using archival quality materials can help an autograph to last longer as well.  ^.^

I would hope that Hascon wouldn't interfere much with the fair, since the fair is pony-specific, and has been aimed more at the older gens/all gens, whereas Hascon, I'm assuming, would be for all Hasbro's brands.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 04:38:54 PM »
Update in the other thread  :)  Whatever your thoughts or feelings are about HasCon, the pony event will at least be in the same area and on the same weekend.   

Be prepared for PONY fun September 8-10 in Providence, RI!

Details to come, but it is exciting stuff!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:42:37 PM by ashlyne »

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 05:46:30 PM »
Update in the other thread  :)  Whatever your thoughts or feelings are about HasCon, the pony event will at least be in the same area and on the same weekend.   

Be prepared for PONY fun September 8-10 in Providence, RI!

Details to come, but it is exciting stuff!!

Alrighty! I better go find that other thread! LOL!