collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else worried about the 2017 fair??!!  (Read 2724 times)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+142)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
Is anyone else worried about the 2017 fair??!!
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:44:29 AM »
Like the title says....Is anyone else a tad worried about the 2017 fair??....I know I am....With Hascon added to the works...Makes me wonder.....I Don't remember the release date being this late in the past...I know last year was Jan 5th ... Pretty sure ^.^...But yeah...I mean Hascon sounds cool....But I am all about the Ponies....Not too interested in the other toylines....Just curious on everyone's thoughts.

I did just get a response on the Facebook page saying there's info ....But can't say yet...So that gives me more hope :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:53:05 AM by wizzer218 »

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+584)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
Re: Is anyone else worried about the 2017 fair??!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:57:26 AM »
yes
hascon...
but also concerned about them wanting to make it smaller than last year (this so much)
and I hope they don't go back to the same venue (unless they change their minds and go bigger again!)

I do wish they would officially post something on the FB page saying YES it will happen and that they will have more information soon....instead of just privately answering when people post on the wall (and you can't see that if you don't go look for it)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+142)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 05:12:51 AM »
And let's just say it's combined with Hascon....How much would it cost to bend there... Because if it's crazy high for a booth...I guess I won't be vending  :(

Offline pandorarose3

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 05:42:53 AM »
Where was hascon at anyway???? I mean I have messaged Summer and the actual group and neither have given me any answers.  I need to know where the fair is going to be this year because I need to get medical clearance to go.  The last two years it has been easy cause it has been in Illinois but with Summer moving to Florida god only knows where it will be at.
Find the Original My Little Pony Talk Show only on blogtalkradio.com http://www.blogtalkradio.com/My-Little-Pony-Talk  We are live every Monday night at 8pm Eastern time.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 07:59:02 AM »
I live on the West side of the country so I'll more than likely never be able to go to a Fair anyways. I pretty much gave up on worrying or caring.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 02:52:12 PM »
It's become overly commercialized anyway. =/  I mean, paying for an autograph that bleeds out and is ruined in a couple years is just kinda meh.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 03:13:42 PM »
Welcome to any convention ever.

I do hope the Fair is going to still be its own thing.  I personally like the idea of concentrating on earlier generations and trying to get people involved with the original you line and animated series.

I just want a date and a location already.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+149)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 04:27:41 PM »
It's become overly commercialized anyway. =/  I mean, paying for an autograph that bleeds out and is ruined in a couple years is just kinda meh.

The alternative is to pay guests to attend, which would make the ticket price go up. At least this way you can choose to get an autograph or not

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 08:36:38 PM »
the pony grapevine rumors are pointing towards hascon....BUT no one really know for sure 100 percent yet.

i am really REALLY curious how it would work IF it is with hascon... stuff like hotel rates? a fair hotel? ticket costs? would we have to go through hascon for links to buy tickets, booths or anything at all

not sure if you guys are familer with E3 and or the video game collecting community called digital press ?  digital press has there own "fair" for video games and it runs at the same time and place as E3 but in a separate room. so they do have there own area but you have access to both events.. i wonder IF it would be done like that? 

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+352)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 09:47:43 PM »

The alternative is to pay guests to attend, which would make the ticket price go up. At least this way you can choose to get an autograph or not

Just to clarify, 100% of the cost of autographs goes to the guests (that is why tickets are sold & tallied: so each guest is paid out correctly at the end of the event). The Fair makes nothing off of the guest's autograph & photo prices or any other special items each guest may bring for sale.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+83)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 11:46:02 PM »
Bring backcards to get signed instead of ponies; takes less space in your luggage, still personal to that particular pony, you can display them in a frame, and it won't fade as badly.  :)

Bonnie has said if it weren't for being paid for autographs, she couldn't afford to come, so I never minded paying; one year she signed a Blue Belle for me, and then when it started fading so bad, I brought the mail order flyer that came with the Collector ponies to have signed..  Big conventions charge a *lot* more for autogeaphs, after all.
My Army of Bluebelles!

Currently for sale on eBay, Nirvanas, Boys and HTF Accessories!

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 01:44:03 PM »
I think the guest prices are very reasonable, most cons you have to pay at least $30 to even talk to the guests, and Bonnie and Katie were very friendly to everyone whether they were purchasing anything or not.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »
When is Hascon? I see on the site it's listed as sept 8-10.

The only thing I am worried about is if it is combined with hascon that weekend conflicts with events for me, so I wouldn't be able to go.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 04:45:32 PM »
Popping in to say...I can't say much, but please please trust me on this. Collectors are going to be happy, former Fair vendors are going to be happy. This is a win, win for us!

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 05:13:14 PM »
ok one step closer

september

:biggrin: