collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Women's March  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: Women's March
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2017, 01:13:17 PM »
Please keep it civil in here guys. Name calling and arguing will get this post locked. Let's focus on the positive.
Thanks, Mkia

Kanchii

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2017, 02:08:41 PM »
I hated Hillary. This has nothing to do with Hillary. I voted for Bernie Sanders, and I believe he falsely lost the Democratic nomination, which is a shame because in every poll putting Bernie agains Trump, Bernie beat him easily. It was stupid of the DNC to toss Bernie to the side.

The GOP has a long history of anti-woman stances. They let religion govern their choices, which is unamerican. They are free to practice their religion as long as it harms no one else. But the moment you start pushing YOUR religious idiologies on others, you become a bigot and are no different from "radical muslims" that most GOP-ers hate.

They are anti-science because once again they let religion govern their thoughts. They have built their wealth in big oil and coal and it's going to destroy our planet - but they don't care, because it's what they make their money doing. They have bought out many politicians to look out for their investments in NONrenuable energy instead of the common people they were sworn to protect.

Would you like me to point out how corrupt and unreasonable the majority of Trump's cabinet picks are? I've had GOP friends come to me and admit they may have been wrong. They saw someone who would "empty the swamp" when Trump was elected, but instead the first thing he did was put the absolutely worst slime into positions of power.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2017, 03:25:18 PM »
All wonderful points Kanchil and yet women have still lost no rights. You name me one you've lost in the last 48 hours and I'll not consider this just a bunch of people throwing a tantrum.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 03:26:28 PM »
A moderator has posted a warning asking this thread to stay positive - please do not ignore that.

If this thread continues to become a discussion on politics in a negative way, this thread will be locked.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 03:26:46 PM »
This is an honest question (hard to convey that through text -- not being sarcastic) -- what was the march specifically for? I'm just trying to understand. I looked at the official March For Women website and was unsure of the official platform, and the reasons given on this thread varied, unless I misread them. Is it to protest Trump's denigration of women? Or was it more political and was meant to protest his policies at large? Or something else? Thanks :)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2017, 03:50:39 PM »
I think the point was to show Trump that women are not going to be ignored. He hasn't *done* anything yet, but his campaign highlighted a lot of worrisome things, such as his disregard for the female population and their rights, and his blatant racist ideologies, and that has many people the world over very concerned. It was a public display of the amount of people that are willing to stand against those policies he has expressed interest in putting in place that hinder people's rights. There will be photos from across the world, and he can't ignore those like he appears to be ignoring the petitions American people have signed. Just like his obsession with his inauguration attendance, where he throws out inflated estimates of attendance, the media pictures show the truth. And similarly, these media and attendee images will show the truth. They will stand for the rights of American people.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Storybelle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2017, 04:32:18 PM »
I wish I could have gone to one but I had no way of getting to London for the nearest one to me. But super proud and pleased of everyone who went out and stood up for what they believe in!  :biggrin: Even in dark times, humanity can be full of love and light.

Just a side note: maybe you personally don't feel like women's rights are in any danger but there are many, many women who do suffer because they do not have the same rights or treatment that we are lucky to have. I fight in the name of feminism because I want every girl safe as much as I want me safe.

And that is all I will say on the matter. I refuse to taint this brilliant movement by getting into fights on the internet.

Kanchii

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2017, 04:48:29 PM »
Soryr Midnight Pony and Sword Pony, I can't really answer without it sounding negative. If you want to PM me you can and I'd be happy to point you to some of the info you are missing about the threat of women's rights.

Flickerswift

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2017, 05:30:17 PM »
I marched in Denver. Amazing turn out.

You're right, we haven't lost anything. We're still trying to GAIN things we have been denied. The march was about women's rights: the wage gap, equal employment opportunities, the right to do what we want with our own bodies, LBGTQ+ rights, the Pink tax, to have sexual assault taken seriously, to be taken seriously at all and not treated like pieces of meat and have society be cool with that, to name a few issues. These are topics the current US administration doesn't seem to care about at all, so we were letting them know to put it on their radar.

That is the point of a protest is to bring attention to problems within a society that need to be addressed. To start a discussion and send a message that people are sick of the status quo and it needs to change. And guess what? People noticed, which was the entire point.

If these problems are not fixed, we keep trying. I don't know why people think the women's rights movement ended in the 60's, because it didn't. We never stopped fighting, we just haven't had this much attention in a long time.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:34:28 PM by Flickerswift »

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2017, 07:33:47 PM »
Hmm, okay, thanks, Stormness and Flickerswift, for your answers about what the march was about. My conservative friends and liberal friends are pitted against each other atm and I'm trying to form my own opinions about the march by hearing from them all.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2017, 01:00:21 AM »
Nope but a few customers told me they were going to the DC march

We may not if "lost" anything but the leader of the most of the most powerful nation on earth should not be spewing the pure BS that comes out if his mouth. I have NO respect for him or Pence. They need to represent what Americans want NOT what their personal, religious or businesses wishes are.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:10:48 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2017, 03:35:56 AM »
I think it was a beautiful thing. A couple of speaches went up in my facebook feed and some of those were so true and so great (America Ferrera). Your voices were heard across the globe and we're standing right with you, fighting along side you :heart:.

Flickerswift

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2017, 11:09:51 AM »
YEAH, AMERICA HASN'T LOST ANYTHING... BECAUSE TRUMP CAN'T TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHTS WITH AN EXECUTIVE ORDER... YET! BUT OH, LOOK, HE JUST PROVED HE WOULD BE MORE THAN WILLING TO BY DEFUNDING AID FOR WOMEN INTERNATIONALLY!!!

IF THIS DOESN'T SET A PRECEDENT THAT TERRIFIES YOU, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:16:19 AM by Flickerswift »

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »
Locking, as this thread is too heavy and heated for OT. And too heated despite warnings to keep things positive.

Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal