collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Women's March  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Women's March
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 08:16:59 PM »
I was going to go to the march in my state but unfortunately I overslept and wasn't able to be ready in time.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 10:29:05 PM »
I couldn't make it, but I stand with everyone who was there.  Thank you to those who marched.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 12:26:35 AM »
Nope. I see no point in this march. If someone could give me a good reason for this being a thing then I would consider going.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 08:28:37 AM »
I was at the one in Asheville yesterday, me and a friend went up there just to get out of the house, not knowing there'd be a huge protest (though, considering Asheville is the Portland of the East Coast, I was expecting something to be going on there).  Apparently, there were around 16,000 people there. I was able to snap some panorama shots of it. One nice thing was that despite all of the people there, there was no one in the road, except for the march.

(please pay no attention to the guy on the right who looks like he's phasing into another dimension)

People dispersed pretty quickly once the march was over. I'm guessing this was because the majority of the people there were locals. It was kind of eerie just seeing massive crowds one hour and an average rainy Saturday afternoon the next.

It wasn't how I was expecting to spend my Saturday, but it was a pretty neat thing to experience, nonetheless.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »
No can do but I wish I could.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 08:53:05 AM »
Nope. I see no point in this march. If someone could give me a good reason for this being a thing then I would consider going.

This!

And as for women campairing this to the 60s. I'd advise them to pick up a history book.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 09:14:48 AM »
Even though I was not able to attend, I want to say thank you very deeply to everyone that did or intended to but could not. The message you have sent is extremely important to people like me.

On election night I felt so crushed. I felt like dirt. Like the majority of America had just come out and voted for hate and discrimination against people like me, and many others. I did not feel welcome in my own country at all anymore.

Yesterday tons of people around the nation (and the world) came out to say that wasn't true. The amount of people that came out to say this was unprecedented. Your message means the world to me and many others I'm sure. Don't let anyone tell you that this was "pointless". It was not.

Thank you so much.  :lovey:

|My Collection|

Kanchii

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 09:58:22 AM »

This!

And as for women campairing this to the 60s. I'd advise them to pick up a history book.

We have a new president that has said the most off the wall, horrible, distasteful, misogynist remarks about females ever. Unless you are living under a rock, you would be aware of these remarks.

The new cabinet picks my Trump are all anti-science, anti-education, anti-gay, and anti-women's rights. Protesting is the most American thing we can do to show that we, the people, are going to hold our elected officials responsible. We have the power. We will not give up abortion rights. We will not ignore climate change. We will not submit to conversion therapy. Trump lost the popular vote. We are sick of an unfair election process. It's time to change things.

Offline SwordPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 10:33:09 AM »
You can think all you want that Hillary would have been a better choice but I will never support a woman who thinks our military is disposable.

And I'll not even get started on the topic of abortion.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 12:04:35 PM »
Even though I was not able to attend, I want to say thank you very deeply to everyone that did or intended to but could not. The message you have sent is extremely important to people like me.

On election night I felt so crushed. I felt like dirt. Like the majority of America had just come out and voted for hate and discrimination against people like me, and many others. I did not feel welcome in my own country at all anymore.

Yesterday tons of people around the nation (and the world) came out to say that wasn't true. The amount of people that came out to say this was unprecedented. Your message means the world to me and many others I'm sure. Don't let anyone tell you that this was "pointless". It was not.

Thank you so much.  :lovey:

My thoughts exactly :heart:

None of your efforts were wasted and I applaud and appreciate everyone who took part either physically or in spirit!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 12:14:53 PM »
I personally do think the march could have been more inclusive. The issues we are going to be dealing with affect more than just women. The climate affects everyone and many of the other groups Trump is against also contain men.

You can think all you want that Hillary would have been a better choice but I will never support a woman who thinks our military is disposable.

And I'll not even get started on the topic of abortion.

Honestly both were horrible choices but my first pick wasn't in the running anymore. I am not a huge fan of abortions by any stretch but I believe the best way to make it happen less is to decrease the reasons why women would turn to it not legislate it away. And right now they want to eliminate the ACA including the mandate that birth control must be covered. They want to cut funding for childcare which already isn't adequate in many states. They want to make it difficult for a single mom to be anything other than struggling to survive.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2017, 12:25:46 PM »
The women's march was about many things, not just Hillary, not just protesting Trump's election, not just about abortion, or any one thing or any couple of things. I think it was to broadly rally for support for women's rights and minorities rights and to say these are what the American people want. People I know personally who went fall all over the grid with their views. They went for what mattered to them and so the march was about a whole slew of things.

So talking about the march by saying I don't like Hillary/abortion is irrelevant I think.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline SwordPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 12:35:25 PM »
Can you tell me what rights women have lost?

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 12:39:56 PM »
No. Not arguing with somebody on this forum and doing the research for someone who wants to be lazy.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline SwordPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2017, 12:55:27 PM »
No. Not arguing with somebody on this forum and doing the research for someone who wants to be lazy.

Please don't call me lazy. You know nothing about me. I've done my research thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal