Pony Talk > Off Topic

Game: You know it's (season) in (location) when...

(1/9) > >>

daffodil101:
So at the moment, everyone (possibly with the exception of the equator and the poles) is in the middle of either Summer or Winter right now.  What's it like?  Is your winter cold enough to freeze Smaug?  Is your summer a permanent heat wave?  Wherever you are in the world, whatever crazy adjustments you're making in your life to adjust to the weather, we want to hear about it! 

Fill in the blanks of the phrase, then feel free to elaborate/tell us more about it!

I'll start. 
You know it's summer in Queensland when everyone has 100% cold showers!

Usually 'take a cold shower' has another meaning.  But not during a Brisbane summer!  Makes a decent substitute for going to the beach-- just let it run for a while because the first 30 seconds of water will be hot from the pipes  :cool:

Honeycomb:
You know spring is early, when all clothes you hang up to dry remain wet and the floors to your apartment are slippery from humidity. :(

Tulips:
You know it's Summer in Logan when you think a 36 degree day is pleasantly cool.

I recently moved to Logan from Brisbane, I'd never seen a 40 degree day before but now I see more than a few in a week! I've forgotten what the perfect 24 feels like lol.

Beldarna:
You know it's winter in northern Sweden when your nose start to bleed as soon as you step in from the cold. (Not really true today.. January and we have + degrees instead of minus 30something celcius as it should >_<)

SnorkMaiden:
You know it's winter in London when everyone goes crazy about five snowflakes on the ground.

True story! We had a tiny little bit of snow last week, and because it happens so rarely, people spoke of nothing else all day. There were picture threads on social media and everything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version