collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How close is Cassiopeia to your vote throughout the game?

She is exactly what I expected/voted for.
16 (21.9%)
She is sort of what I expected/voted for.
34 (46.6%)
She is nothing like I expected/voted for.
10 (13.7%)
I came in late and missed the game, but wanted to vote anyway.
13 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Let's Make a Pony! Finale!!!  (Read 3841 times)

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Make a Pony! Finale!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2017, 01:04:31 AM »
:grouphug: Yay, I'm glad there is a mostly positive reaction to her.  It was definitely an experience seeing her progress to the pony she is. Thank you all for the help in bringing her into creation.

Thank you to the compliments on the art as well, can't wait to see the interpretations from everyone who expressed interest in drawing or creating a custom of her!  :art:

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 10:53:09 AM »
Interesting to see this unfold. I voted in a few polls.  This was a neat community idea. Your drawing is lovely, and I like her constellations/star map. She Turned out lovely, though I think she would make a better glow n show pony than a twice as fancy twinkle eye.

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »
She is quite lovely. I am impressed by the artwork you have been doing with her throughout and the final product. The whole process was very fun!  (And great free marketing research)

But, I must point out, shes basically a pink (technically shes pearly white but she looks pink!) pony with purple hair. Almost exactly what Hasbro tells the community (who then in general complain) over and over and over is what sells. Pink and purple.   Just sayin.

I still like her, I'd definitely buy her.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2017, 08:54:32 PM »
Not exactly what I had originally been voting for, but she turned out great! I may make her into a G3 or G4 one day. I've already been contemplating bait options.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

lostpony

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2017, 11:35:01 PM »
aluke, if I were to make her I'd have to sculpt her from scratch because what I love most about her is the way you drew her and I don't think I can sculpt that well.  Maybe could feed her into a 3d printer??

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2017, 12:12:03 AM »
While she was only kind of close to what I voted for, she still doesn't look half bad. :P

My MLP Tumblr

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2017, 07:10:40 AM »
I don't think I voted but I watched with interest and I love her!  :D 

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2017, 01:11:39 PM »
But, I must point out, shes basically a pink (technically shes pearly white but she looks pink!) pony with purple hair. Almost exactly what Hasbro tells the community (who then in general complain) over and over and over is what sells. Pink and purple.   Just sayin.

I'll take the blame for making the pearly effect pink. :blush: I honestly can't remember if there was thought behind it, or I picked a colour at random for shading. But I totally understand where you're coming from, I've mentioned before how surprised I was that it was the more common pony colours that were more popular.

aluke, if I were to make her I'd have to sculpt her from scratch because what I love most about her is the way you drew her and I don't think I can sculpt that well.  Maybe could feed her into a 3d printer??

Well, I do know a thing or two about 3D modelling. ;) Unfortunately I have zero drive to do any 3D art as a hobby, especially for something that is essentially fan art.

Whee, glad to hear more reactions on her as well. I won't be hosting a second game for awhile, but I'm already excited to see what pony number two will end up like.

Offline TJgamer

• Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 07:24:14 PM »
I've missed several parts of this process.   :|
But I am liking how she looks. Very pretty and celestial.  :)
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Yukiru

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 03:56:23 PM »
Howdy friends! I have finished my fanart for Cass! I imagined her being a diligent astrology student (but with a healthy obsession with aliens and such X3). You can check it out below as well as a bigger version on my deviantART page ^^

Also please appreciate the fact that at some point I put on my Vive (vr headset) and started to work on this picture in an environment that was literally Cassiopeia XD

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:58:36 PM by Yukiru »

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 09:05:40 PM »
Howdy friends! I have finished my fanart for Cass! I imagined her being a diligent astrology student (but with a healthy obsession with aliens and such X3). You can check it out below as well as a bigger version on my deviantART page ^^

Spoiler

Also please appreciate the fact that at some point I put on my Vive (vr headset) and started to work on this picture in an environment that was literally Cassiopeia XD

:heart: :heart: :heart: She's so precious omg! What a perfect gijinka/EQG version of Cassie! The fact that you gave her glasses is easily my favourite part. Such an adorable nerd. :P  :lovey:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2017, 07:19:09 AM »
Haha, I was just going to point this out but you already have. Quite amusing.   :lol:
She's very cute, and sparkly!  :happy:

Yukiru

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2017, 05:29:49 AM »

Spoiler

:heart: :heart: :heart: She's so precious omg! What a perfect gijinka/EQG version of Cassie! The fact that you gave her glasses is easily my favourite part. Such an adorable nerd. :P  :lovey:

Thank you! :D You know I was searching for something cute and pastel to draw (after too many youtube speedpaints) and Cassiopeia just happen to be perfect for what I wanted ^^ I thought the glasses would be cute too, seems like it would be hard to see with twinkle eyes lol.

Offline PJSparkles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Here comes PJ Sparkles!
    • View Profile
    • (A) Tumblr :)
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2017, 08:51:04 PM »
I love her!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2017, 07:13:31 AM »
Finally finished my doodle of Cassiopeia, so here it is, in all its crappy glory.

Note to self; next time, give yourself a bigger space to draw all those little stars. You can't even see the planet and moon shapes, and half the stars got their color blacked out when I lined it. And I forgot the gem eyes. And the tail ribbon. And she was supposed to have Steven Universe-style stars in her eyes, but those got blacked out too. Oh well, my main goal was to draw her in a Powder-esque pose, so I guess I succeeded.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal