collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 426 times)

jana_alanda

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:03:17 AM »
My name is Jana. I've been a Pony lover ever since they first came out in 1983. I had a nice collection but handed it over to a friend who had four girls, about ten years ago, and now that I have a bunch of kids of my own (3 boys and 1 girl) I'm checking out the new ponies and their corresponding tv show.

My very first pony was Cotton Candy, the only pony in which I lost her tail. The next year I was blessed with Firefly and Glory. I loved those ponies and I watched the My Little Pony special (Firefly's Adventure/Rescue at Midnight Castle) every chance I was allowed to rent a movie from the store. My parents got me the Beauty Parlor and my grandparents gave me the castle. Luckily, one of my friends had the stable and another friend had both the nursery and the dance studio. We had great times and I had this crazy policy that before and after we played with our ponies we had brush their hair and make it look nice. Thankfully, my friends complied and we all had very nice looking ponies for years.  We didn't dump them in a pile when we were done either, we had to have them categorized and neatly on display when we were done. (Makes me scared to ask for my ponies back from my friend, I'm almost certain they are a disaster)

Each year I was given a few more ponies until around the age of 12 and I was told I was getting too old for those toys (they were getting pricy too-from $3.50 each when I was seven to $15 each when I was 12). I accepted my lot and focused on finding ponies for the little girl I was babysitting at the time who was only 3.

I collected from yard sales and occasionally got a new one for my babysitting charge. Eventually, I grew up and moved out, the ponies going into a tumbled pile and eventually to my friend with four girls.

Back when Hasbro was doing their 25th anniversary pony line I was able to pick up three of the box sets out of four. I have them still in their boxes and hope to give them to my little girl when she is old enough to care for them. Right now my older boys can play with the G4 ponies I picked up at Target a few years ago.

Occasionally, I'll show the YouTube Rescue at Midnight Castle to my kids when I bring out the G4 ponies from the top of the closet and we watch the new Friendship is Magic series on Netflix.

I have to say I prefer the size of the G1 ponies. They were easier to play with and my hand fit around their bodies better. I hope Hasbro puts out some more G1 ponies on the upcoming anniversaries (35th, 40th, etc.). I would definitely buy them. I also hope they make some G4 sea ponies that can go in the tub, that would be awesome.

Thanks for reading.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 01:47:47 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! :bunny:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:02:53 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :lovey:

I loved sharing and reliving those memories with you!!!  I too was pedantic about how my ponies were kept before and after play :)

And as much as I love G4 I think you summed it up perfectly, the G1's were easier to hold and play with (and easier to find if you did misplace them!)

Hope you have an amazing time on the forum :wave:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 06:50:14 PM »
:newpony:  Welcome to the Arena.  I loved hearing your story and I too would love some more repros.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 08:20:08 PM »
I never outgrew toys lol.  I did go through a macho idiot phase though, cor a while and stored my ponies among others
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 09:11:11 PM »
G4 sea ponies! That would be super neat. Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 10:14:48 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, jana_alanda!

Sheesh, the ponies started costing up to $15? Even today a single pony is about $5.99. Thank you for sharing your memories with us, enjoy the forums!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 10:18:00 AM »
Welcome to the arena  :lovey:
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal