collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Package keeps getting returned and I don't know why. So frustrated! UPDATE  (Read 3280 times)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Package keeps getting returned and I don't know why. So frustrated!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 01:50:17 PM »
I had this issue a couple times, I believe it was with packages to Canada. I print my labels via eBay as well. The post office that I use did not have any explanation and was surprised that my local post office would just deliver it back to the house. I assumed they just misread the label as to which was the destination address so I've started marking it to make it more clear on international packages.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 04:12:45 PM »
They make it really hard to mess up an electronic label - as long as you put in the correct weight you'll only get the options that pertain to that size package and the type of shipping you choose.  If the weight were wrong (or envelope vs. package selected) it should have been marked as insufficient postage when it came back. 

I suppose there's always a possibility that there was some sort of glitch with the bar code which I would guess is why they suggested crossing it out if it should happen again, but really, common sense should have alerted someone that a package with USPS printed international label is not going somewhere in the US.

True- except with the flat vs nonflat option-  I don't think they make that very clear honestly.  You could easily select "envelope" not realizing the thickness is limited to 3/4" since it doesn't say unless you dig into the rules a bit...

It's probably different printing through ebay, but I go through USPS Click N Ship for my international packages.  They don't even have an option for printing postage for envelopes - it's automatically assumed to be a package.

In case everyone wants to see this great shipping circle my package keeps taking (judging by the Jan. 18 in Newark, it's on its way back to me again....):

You've got a lot more tracking than I did.  My package went to the sorting center in Nashville and turned around and showed delivered right back to me.  It never updated again after the first time it came back. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 06:02:01 AM »
They make it really hard to mess up an electronic label - as long as you put in the correct weight you'll only get the options that pertain to that size package and the type of shipping you choose.  If the weight were wrong (or envelope vs. package selected) it should have been marked as insufficient postage when it came back. 

I suppose there's always a possibility that there was some sort of glitch with the bar code which I would guess is why they suggested crossing it out if it should happen again, but really, common sense should have alerted someone that a package with USPS printed international label is not going somewhere in the US.

True- except with the flat vs nonflat option-  I don't think they make that very clear honestly.  You could easily select "envelope" not realizing the thickness is limited to 3/4" since it doesn't say unless you dig into the rules a bit...

It's probably different printing through ebay, but I go through USPS Click N Ship for my international packages.  They don't even have an option for printing postage for envelopes - it's automatically assumed to be a package.

In case everyone wants to see this great shipping circle my package keeps taking (judging by the Jan. 18 in Newark, it's on its way back to me again....):

You've got a lot more tracking than I did.  My package went to the sorting center in Nashville and turned around and showed delivered right back to me.  It never updated again after the first time it came back. 

I just hope it does come back to me since it showed it was back in my town yesterday morning but it somehow didn't make its way back to me. I want to be able to try and doctor the label to make sure the TO and FROM are clearly marked and cross out the barcode. My other thought had been to cancel the label  and print a new one (but I didn't know if I was able to do that after putting it through the postal system already without paying again).

I just checked the tracking again and it's back in Columbus. Oh, boy. I just hope it doesn't get "lost."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:31:14 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Breyer600

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 11:02:12 AM »

I just hope it does come back to me since it showed it was back in my town yesterday morning but it somehow didn't make its way back to me. I want to be able to try and doctor the label to make sure the TO and FROM are clearly marked and cross out the barcode. My other thought had been to cancel the label  and print a new one (but I didn't know if I was able to do that after putting it through the postal system already without paying again).

I just checked the tracking again and it's back in Columbus. Oh, boy. I just hope it doesn't get "lost."

I was considering printing a new label as well, but once it's in the system you would have to pay again. So, what I was going to do if mine came back again was take it to the larger post office and speak with a manager to see if they could either figure out the problem or make a new label without charging me. 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Package keeps getting returned and I don\'t know why. So frustrated!
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 11:27:08 AM »
Yeah, if mine does come back again, I might just take it to the post office and see if I can do that. After all, I had the local post office call me back regarding the situation since I had emailed customer service so I figure they must have it documented somewhere. Plus, I have tracking proving the package has been going in circles.

Even if the package doesn't come back to me, I might just go to the post office and ask to speak to a manager and show them this loop my package is caught in and ask if there is something that can get my package to be kicked in the right direction.

I have messaged the buyer a couple times, meanwhile, and have gotten no response. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

Post Merge: January 19, 2017, 11:35:23 AM

These are the two newest updates on tracking:

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
Jan-19-17, 03:04 AM, COLUMBUS 43218

PROCESSING EXCEPTION
Jan-18-17, 22:57 PM, COLUMBUS 43218

I have never seen the "exception" before in tracking... There are no updates after the 3 a.m. processing. Anyone know what the exception would be?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:35:23 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Breyer600

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 03:06:21 PM »
From what I can find on that, it means someone finally noticed the barcode isn't being scanned properly and it will have to be processed manually.

I wish I could remember what the tracking said on a package I sent a few years ago before I was printing the labels at home.  I took a package in and didn't notice until I got home that the person at the desk had swapped the first two digits of the buyers zip code meaning that although the correct zip code was written on the package itself the code they scan gave the wrong one.  It was fine at first - it went straight to Texas and was just across town from the buyer when someone scanned it and sent it off to West Virginia instead.  It bounced back and forth several days and I called them up a couple of times to try to get someone to actually read the label instead of relying on the scanner.  It did finally get to the buyer but it took much longer than it should have.  As I recall the last time I called the woman I talked to said something about putting an exception on the code to get them to look at it, but I can't remember for certain.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 03:25:06 PM »
When it comes to international packages I always go to the post office.  Domestic I do everything online.  In a perfect world one would never have to feel like an international box is somehow at risk if you don't watch the lady put it in the package bin.  I guess I just feel safer this way.  I don't sell enough internationally for this to be an issue for me time wise.  If it does come back to you that is just so irritating. I feel it would be an error on the label itself.  I would debox it, put it in a brand new box, unless there is a way to remove every label from the box cleanly... and ship it inside the post office instead of using the online label.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:26:43 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 05:33:37 PM »
From what I can find on that, it means someone finally noticed the barcode isn't being scanned properly and it will have to be processed manually.

With luck, that means my package will actually reach its destination. I'll keep an eye on the tracking and see where it goes from there. Thanks, Breyer.

No updates on tracking today so far. I hope that's a good thing.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:02:36 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 11:11:48 AM »
UPDATE:  Here are the newest updates for my package. Looks like it's cleared customs and is on the way to my buyer, thankfully! Thanks for everyone's help in this! It looks to have been a faulty barcode all along. I really don't know how it could have been avoided in the first place but now I know what happened and I'll keep tracking the package until it reaches its destination.

PROCESSED THROUGH OFFICE OF EXCHANGE
Jan-23-17, 06:27 AM, CA

CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
Jan-23-17, 06:27 AM, CA

INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH READY
Jan-21-17, 10:04 AM, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) 60688

ARRIVED AT INTERNATIONAL SERVICE CENTER
Jan-21-17, 08:33 AM, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) 60688

Offline Breyer600

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Package keeps getting returned and I don't know why. So frustrated! UPDATE
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 11:22:40 AM »
 :cheer:  That'a great news!  I also just got word that my package that kept being returned was picked up by my buyer today.   :)

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 12:35:32 PM »
:cheer:  That'a great news!  I also just got word that my package that kept being returned was picked up by my buyer today.   :)

That's great news! So silly that things like this happen and USPS can't give us an explanation, even if you contact their customer service department. You'd think they would have someone who could at least give the option that the barcode might be giving the sorter problems.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 04:42:48 AM »
UPDATE:  Here are the newest updates for my package. Looks like it's cleared customs and is on the way to my buyer, thankfully! Thanks for everyone's help in this! It looks to have been a faulty barcode all along. I really don't know how it could have been avoided in the first place but now I know what happened and I'll keep tracking the package until it reaches its destination.
Yay, at last!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 05:21:08 AM »
:bigups:  :cheer:  :hug:  :whew:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2017, 06:06:01 AM »
DELIVERED
Jan-26-17, 11:59 AM, CA

YAY!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 09:05:10 AM »
Oh goodness that is a huge relief.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal