collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New ferrets!  (Read 3152 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: New ferrets!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 03:35:13 PM »
They're adorable! Congrats on them. :o)
Eh, Crumpie, yours actually don't smell too bad. I've smelled worse when I walk outside... LOL.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 03:25:48 PM »
Speaking of smell, these two actually don't stink! It's amazing really. Monster actually has a sweet scent to her, oddly. Munchkin just smells like the food they eat. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline slyons

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 03:36:04 PM »
Oh man, they are really cute!!!  I'm glad you adopted and they found their forever home, more pictures please!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 08:28:09 AM »
We got a new bed frame from IKEA over the weekend and my awesome husband spent Sunday putting it together while I watched football. :lol: He did a great job! I mention this because it we got this one and it's perfect if you have any little critters that free roam around your bedroom, this way you don't have to worry about them disappearing under the bed-- plus, extra storage! Our previous ferrets tore up the bottom part of our box springs and we didn't want the new ones getting in there, so having no way for them to get under the bed is a good feeling. I highly recommend this bed frame!

More pictures as requested!

The elusive, rare picture of Monster sleeping.

Monster really likes licking my husband's face, I think it's the facial hair. It never lasts long though because she starts biting, and she bites HARD.

I put Ferretone on their tummies in order to trim their nails last night. They both spent a good 15 minutes licking themselves clean after I was done. It was adorable.

Instagram / Want List

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 08:32:58 AM »
I seriously almost got that bed frame at one point lol.

And they are just too cute for words.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 01:32:45 PM »
Maybe Monster was an old timey barber in another life Renia? It is hard to give your customers the perfect moustache  when you lack scissors and opposable thumbs.  :P

Soo cute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline suzy.66

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 01:38:38 PM »
They look gorgeous! Happy they found a lovely family like yours.

I really like ferrets but i am afraid of what we say on them: that they are bitting all the time and very smelly.

I had rats a lot, and i do think they are smelly lol however they never bite.

What do you think? You think it is caricatural or that there is some truth in the saying?

Thanks for your return :) i am quite interested to have the view of an actual ferret owner ^^

I'd say it depends on the ferret, like with most animals.

I've had 5 ferrets now. Two of them have been biters, and only one of them actually hurt me when she'd bite. Monster bites, but barely. I think she just does it out of frustration, and even then it doesn't hurt very much. I think younger ferrets tend to bite more than old ones, too. There are also different ways to keep them from biting, which I may have to try with Monster.

The smell isn't a problem at all. More than likely, if you adopt a ferret or buy one, you'll be getting one that has had the gland removed that causes the really bad smell. They still have a scent to them, but it isn't a strong one by any means.

Overall, I think ferrets are amazing pets. So far all of my ferrets have been very loving, well-behaved little critters-- oh, but they still love to steal things like socks, get into places they shouldn't, etc. Just normal ferret stuff. :P

Haha amazing! Thanks for the answer :) really wish to have a ferret! But i might have a dog first :p

They are so cute that for sure!

Thank you so much to FanRobinHood for my avatar and ZennaBug for my marvelous persona ref !

Offline slyons

• G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 07:10:38 PM »
We got a new bed frame from IKEA over the weekend and my awesome husband spent Sunday putting it together while I watched football. :lol: He did a great job! I mention this because it we got this one and it's perfect if you have any little critters that free roam around your bedroom, this way you don't have to worry about them disappearing under the bed-- plus, extra storage! Our previous ferrets tore up the bottom part of our box springs and we didn't want the new ones getting in there, so having no way for them to get under the bed is a good feeling. I highly recommend this bed frame!

More pictures as requested!

The elusive, rare picture of Monster sleeping.

Monster really likes licking my husband's face, I think it's the facial hair. It never lasts long though because she starts biting, and she bites HARD.

I put Ferretone on their tummies in order to trim their nails last night. They both spent a good 15 minutes licking themselves clean after I was done. It was adorable.

Awww man they are so cute... Love the picture of Monster sleeping and its adorable with the beard kisses..But I could only imagine how hard a ferret bite is  :blink:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 08:24:15 AM »
Awww man they are so cute... Love the picture of Monster sleeping and its adorable with the beard kisses..But I could only imagine how hard a ferret bite is  :blink:

Monster bites so hard, it's ridiculous. Latte, one of our previous ferrets, was also a biter but she was still a baby (just a few months old) so it was understandable. I'm not sure what's up with Monster, but she's aggressive when she bites. Sometimes I like to tickle Munchkin's tummy and he'll playfully nip at my fingers, but he never really bites. Monster's just like *CHOMP*! It hurts so bad.
Instagram / Want List

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 10:39:25 AM »
They are so cute. I really wish I lived in a household that loves animals like I do. I'm lucky to have my little Lola, my dog. I'd really like to have a pair of ferrets. All these ferret posts lately are making me fall in love with them.

I need to find a boyfriend who loves animals and move in with him. Then we can have our own little cozy petting zoo.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 09:35:15 PM »
They're such cuties, I'm glad you've been able to adopt more ^.^

My boyfriend and I would both love a pet ferret, but unfortunately they're illegal in Queensland (as are rabbits). So seeing posts about these little ones is adorable torture. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 09:50:58 PM »
Aww!! They're so precious! I've always wanted a ferret but my cat is crazy and wouldn't allow it. My cat beats my dog up let alone a ferret. It'd be all bad  :lol:

Nesferxty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 01:15:51 AM »
Awww they are amazing! I've always really wanted ferrets but there are never many for adoption where I live so I've always kept rats instead. Our last ratty died over a year ago though and I haven't been able to bring myself to have another small furry as he broke my heart :( maybe it's time to convince the husband ferrets are the right way to go!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 10:44:36 PM »
Could Monster have waardenburg syndrome? Does she seem to hear well?

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 09:19:15 AM »
Could Monster have waardenburg syndrome? Does she seem to hear well?

I don't think that's the case. She has pretty good hearing, even responds to her name. I think she's just naturally an aggressive little girl. She hasn't been biting me as much lately but she got my husband pretty good last night. Whenever she seems like she's about to bite me, I'll grab her and say "no". So far she's been mostly responsive to that and she'll refrain from biting me. My husband just needs to get into the habit of doing the same thing.

They both have appointments with the vet this week, so I'm going to bring up the biting situation then.
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal